Andy Reid Defends Butker

"How many of you are sitting here now about to cross this stage and are thinking about all the promotions and titles you are going to get in your career? Some of you may go on to lead successful careers in the world, but I would venture to guess that the majority of you are most excited about your marriage and the children you will bring into this world."
Translation:

A woman's PLACE is in the Home raising the Man's Children.

Butler has a right to his OPINION.
I don't care one way or the other what he said or will say in the future.

Translation:

Well someone cares. They invited him to speak at graduation.

Yes he does have a right to this opinion. I loved the Daily Show last night. Jon Stewart was pointing out how the right loves to cry about cancel culture but as Jon showed, they say all sorts of horrible things about Mexicans, gays, liberals and no one is cancelling them.

The only thing that Republicans get cancelled for saying is anything negative about Trump. Then they get thrown under the bus

Translation:

There are women who want that. That is the real crux of the problem in an extreme feminist age that survives on being a first world benefit for those involved. Wealth is transitory and we have a responsibility to keep real growth going. Otherwise, things will devolve to what you do not like. So, shaming any woman who wants that life is a disgrace.

Translation:

He has a right to voice his opinion.
Others have a right to criticize him for it.

Translation:

Link
Post #42
Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 1.26.07 PM.png

Where did you say….Others have a right to criticize him for it?
I was replying to the other part.
You are 100% correct, I never said, in this thread, that others have a right to criticize him for it.

I agree 100%, and have said many times,

A human can say whatever they want, freedom of speech, but often that freedom of speech has consequences.

Are we good?

Translation:

He never said that. He simply said women he knows, and women in general can find their greatest value in raising children.

You’re making things up to attack him. And MSM/society seems to have a MAJOR problem with glorifying motherhood.

It should be glorified.. feminism views it as some sort of attack.

He never said that. He simply said women he knows, and women in general can find their greatest value in raising children.

You’re making things up to attack him. And MSM/society seems to have a MAJOR problem with glorifying motherhood.

I'm NOT attacking him.
He has every right to say what he wants, and I have every right to judge what he says.

Most people can't stand when individuals impose their values upon others.
We hear that ALL the time here on USMB.

He should have talked about the importance of family and maintaining a life/work balance to all the graduates

His urging to give up your career aspirations and raise a family seemed out of place

He should have talked about the importance of family and maintaining a life/work balance to all the graduates

His urging to give up your career aspirations and raise a family seemed out of place
Why? We know motherhood brings women happiness more than being a career shark.

I guess to modern feminists it probably seems weird to not hear a message of “women should strive for careers, success, and rule the world”.

But to the rest of us, motherhood is a great thing, not something to just begrudgingly acknowledge (as feminism does)

Why? We know motherhood brings women happiness more than being a career shark.

I guess to modern feminists it probably seems weird to not hear a message of “women should strive for careers, success, and rule the world”.

But to the rest of us, motherhood is a great thing, not something to just begrudgingly acknowledge (as feminism does)

His audience was a group of women who had just spent $100,000+ to obtain career skills.

Nothing wrong with urging graduates of both sexes to give family a priority in their life. But to single out the women to abandon their career is not appropriate.

He is entitled to his opinion and is also entitled to be criticized for that opinion

Why if that's not what he believes?

You are assuming that a career should be the goal. How many jobs on the planet are there that are truly more important than raising your children correctly? I would say it's less than 200. In the US less than 100. The chances of any one person getting one of those jobs is infinitesimal. On top of that it would seem that women have become less and less happy as we have moved away from "traditional" family roles and responsibilities. You can be upset but that fact, but it seems to be true. So why should we keep telling people the lie that they will be happier if dont follow that path?

Forum List

Back