Assad in Syria is not the bad guy

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
Merritt Island, FL
While you will probably shout into my face about how bullshit is coming out of my mouth faster than a commercial pressure washer, why don't we try to understand the situation and why there IS conflict.

We'll start with Islam and the differences within it. There is a Suni side (which is the majority) and the Shite. Both sides combat with eachother through terrorism and the unrest continues through violence in the middle east today.

Syria is mostly a Shite run nation and the sunis are the rebels, which are creating the unrest.
Syria is not terrorizing them or anything, the sunis are the ones who are rebeling and assad is defending the nation from them.

The solution would to be to take the sunis and put them in a suni nation. Suni and shite mix like oil and water.

Assad is simply combating the rebels who are resorting to terrorism in the nation, which is leading to conflict. (this happened in egypt).

Is Assad looking like the bad guy now?

Actually nitroz, Syria is around 80% Sunni muslim

Assad and his henchmen are Alawite's which is a branch of Shia Islam and comprises about 15% of the country. (the other 5% are christians, jews, and shiites)

Assad is a member of the secular Baath Party; as was Saddam in Iraq; and just as brutal and blood thirsty of a dictator as Saddam.

The sunni citizens suffered under Assad's brutal father for 3 decades until he died.

And the son Basher Assad has continued the draconian policies of his father.

Finally the Syrian people decided that couldn't take it any more, and took up weapons to fight, and either be a free people or die trying.

So although there two sides are defined by religious affiliation......the Syrian civil war isn't about religion.

Hope this helps....... :cool:

Assad and his henchmen are Alawite's which is a branch of Shia Islam and comprises about 15% of the country. (the other 5% are christians, jews, and shiites)

Assad is a member of the secular Baath Party; as was Saddam in Iraq; and just as brutal and blood thirsty of a dictator as Saddam.

The sunni citizens suffered under Assad's brutal father for 3 decades until he died.

Finally the Syrian people decided that couldn't take it any more, and took up weapons to fight, and either be a free people or die trying.

So although there two sides are defined by religious affiliation......the Syrian civil war isn't about religion.

It does help. Do you think that seperating the two sides and granting them soverigity from eachother could help solve the issue, while avoiding violence?

Anyone who uses Chemical Weapons against his own people, resulting in many dead, including hundreds of children in my book is the bad guy. No sympathy for him whatsoever.

I don't care anymore.

we had the chance to help using diplomacy, we blew it and now nothing but evil is running all sides of that conflict.

I pity the children and hate the adults that let it happen.

I have no problem with Sunni's & Shites massacring each other in Syria. What greater contribution to civilized humanity? But I feel deeply saddened for the innocent Syrian children who are the victims of their own people. And I am thankful to Israel for saving the lives of many Syrian children in Israeli hospitals.

I don't care anymore.

we had the chance to help using diplomacy, we blew it and now nothing but evil is running all sides of that conflict.

I pity the children and hate the adults that let it happen.

Anyone who uses Chemical Weapons against his own people, resulting in many dead, including hundreds of children in my book is the bad guy. No sympathy for him whatsoever.

Riot control gear such as tear gas and pepper spray is considered chemical weapons.

Today's "I, Claudius" Dictators | National Review Online

The New Republic is out with an armchair psychological analysis of Syrian dictator Bashar Assad, calling it an “intimate profile of Syria’s mass murderer.” It’s the usual my-dad-was-a-dictator-but-I-wanted-to-marry-a-nice-Jewish-girl story about a shy misfit child who was thrust into the family killing business when his older brother immolated himself in a car accident. The real insight from the article is the “I, Claudius” twist: Bashar has been routinely misunderestimated his whole life, both as a child, a newbie dictator, and the ruthless wager of a civil war in which he unleashed chemical weapons on his own people, and that is why he has survived.

Riot control gear such as tear gas and pepper spray is considered chemical weapons.
Never heard that before. But tear gas is legal in battle, pepper spray is not. Both are considered non-lethal.

well---no cigar -----but it is the best post you have submitted here. -----informing those
who do not know--------of course it IS about religion------the perverted filth from mecca.

for those who do not know the background of the sunni/shiite divide----here it is----
>>>the filthy rapist pig named a successor----but he also had a son-in-law who
decided to grab power-----that is the husband of whore Fatimah -----there were battles
and murders for CONTROL----and thus two separate ever warring camps emerge----the
deprave sunnis (the non followers of the depraved husband of whore fatimah) and
the followers of the pig in whose hand the pig left his filthy creed

It does help. Do you think that seperating the two sides and granting them soverigity from eachother could help solve the issue, while avoiding violence?

By forcibly deporting 80% of the population?

While you will probably shout into my face about how bullshit is coming out of my mouth faster than a commercial pressure washer, why don't we try to understand the situation and why there IS conflict.

We'll start with Islam and the differences within it. There is a Suni side (which is the majority) and the Shite. Both sides combat with eachother through terrorism and the unrest continues through violence in the middle east today.

Syria is mostly a Shite run nation and the sunis are the rebels, which are creating the unrest.
Syria is not terrorizing them or anything, the sunis are the ones who are rebeling and assad is defending the nation from them.

The solution would to be to take the sunis and put them in a suni nation. Suni and shite mix like oil and water.

Assad is simply combating the rebels who are resorting to terrorism in the nation, which is leading to conflict. (this happened in egypt).

Whatever happened to the Syrian Christians?

Syria used to be a Christian nation.

How's that working out for them now?

At the end of the day it is just islam being islam and while they are doing it to each other we should sit back and enjoy the show. Only when they start to use illegal weapons and use children as weapons should we step in and bring a halt to the fights. The more we become involved the more we will become targets for Islamic aggression and the more of our citizens will be killed. We should close our doors to refugees coming from Syria as all we do otherwise is import the war to our nations, as we saw with the break up of Yugoslavia. Show an almost complete indifference to the muslims internal squabbles and they will soon wipe each other out. With Saudi start to find other sources of fuel so that eventually they are beggared into submission and are no longer a world power. Once M.E oil stops flowing then the balance of power will change back to the west.

At the end of the day it is just islam being islam and while they are doing it to each other we should sit back and enjoy the show. Only when they start to use illegal weapons and use children as weapons should we step in and bring a halt to the fights. The more we become involved the more we will become targets for Islamic aggression and the more of our citizens will be killed. We should close our doors to refugees coming from Syria as all we do otherwise is import the war to our nations, as we saw with the break up of Yugoslavia. Show an almost complete indifference to the muslims internal squabbles and they will soon wipe each other out. With Saudi start to find other sources of fuel so that eventually they are beggared into submission and are no longer a world power. Once M.E oil stops flowing then the balance of power will change back to the west.

The US has allowed 37,000 Syrian refugees to immigrate to the US since 2012.

Saudi Arabia will be selling more oil to China .. That has already begun. Iraq and Iran will do likewise.

Have you read the UN reports that show both sides are using chemical weapons and WMD's against civilians . Time for the west to but out and help our real ally in the M.E.

Whatever happened to the Syrian Christians?

Syria used to be a Christian nation.

How's that working out for them now?

The muslims did an islam on them and ran them out of town, thus fulfilling the command in the Koran to have no other religion but islam.

Forum List

Back