'Asian Americans showed that critical race theory cannot be true'

"Xu said the experiences and historical disadvantages in both communities were "of similar magnitude.""

He is obviously a fucking idiot. I found that in the first paragraph. :)

How many generations of his people were enslaved here in the US again?

"Xu said the experiences and historical disadvantages in both communities were "of similar magnitude.""

He is obviously a fucking idiot. I found that in the first paragraph. :)

How many generations of his people were enslaved here in the US again?
Asians were slaves for thousands of years but that didn't hold them back.

Asians were never enslaved in the US or subject to chattel slavery.

1626672127992.png

Tell that to the ones who worked on the transcontinental railroad.

*****SMILE*****

:)

It's got to be embarrassing to the black community to have an example right of front of them that debunks many of their complaints about succeeding in America.

Kenny Xu, author and president of the advocacy group Color Us United, told Hill.TV that "Asian Americans showed that critical race theory cannot be true."

It must be embarrassing for you to learn what you are about to learn.

ALL RISE!
This mornings lesson:

Mari Matsuda: Critical Race Theory is not Anti-Asian

I understand yet another attack on Critical Race Theory (CRT) has surfaced, this time claiming CRT is anti-Asian. This kind of opportunism always trails along to disrupt progressive movements. It has been there from the start of CRT. Many built their careers attacking CRT, Trumpsters being the latest iteration on the Right. It is my practice to ignore critics who have not read the work and who are not interested in honest exchange. I will not read the latest entry in the annals of backlash, but I do want to say this for the record: Asian Americans are at the center of CRT analysis and have been from the start.

Neil Gotanda, Phil Nash, and I were at the founding CRT meeting in Wisconsin in the ‘80s.
We came out of the Third World Liberation tradition. We were schooled by Nisei radicals, like Yuri Kochiyama, and in my case, my Mom, to know that alliance with Black and Brown folks was critical to fighting racism, militarism, imperialism, and colonialism. They taught us to see the through line from the Middle Passage to My Lai. Of course, we were ready to develop a theory of racism as the core of American legal liberalism.

Contrary to the experience of being “the Asian in the room” that had to bring our issues to the fore, we were part of an intellectual community in which Black participants understood that racism against Asian Americans was part of the legacy of U.S. white supremacy. It was Kimberlé Crenshaw who first brought up, at the Wisconsin meeting, the issue of particular forms of racialized misogyny deployed against Asian American women through media imagery. She was one of the first scholars, of any race, to push for an analysis of US immigration law in increasing Asian immigrant women’s vulnerability to intimate partner violence. Intersectionality theory came out of this crucible, with Asian women critical to the analysis. This was all back in the 80’s.

I participated in the first published symposium of Critical Race Theory scholarship, with an article (Looking to the Bottom, Harvard Civil Rights Civil Liberties Law Review) on reparations for Japanese Americans and Native Hawaiians. I co-authored the first CRT book, Words That Wound, centering analysis of hate crimes against Asian Americans. I used CRT analysis to write the first law review article on accent discrimination (Voices of America, Yale Law Review) based on case studies of Filipino and Native Hawaiian litigants. In We Won’t Go Back, written with Charles Lawrence, I used CRT to analyze Asian American responses to affirmative action. I have applied CRT to develop a course on Asian Americans and the law, first at UCLA and then at Georgetown.
This work was foundational Critical Race Theory, developed by unpacking anti-Asian racism through a historical and structural analysis of US racism. All of it came out of struggle: real issues and real needs in Asian American communities. That is what Critical Race Theory is, and Asians have been at the center of it. If I start a citation list, it will go on for pages – many brilliant scholars using CRT to analyze anti-Asian racism. Suffice to say, Asian American thinkers were central in the development of CRT, and we were pushed and supported by our Black and Latinx colleagues.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Have you ever heard the term "Coolie"?

A is correct. But the reality is also that the Asian experience is included in CRT. You white racists are always looking to use Asians as your pets, but they aren't and you have been shown that.

I understand yet another attack on Critical Race Theory (CRT) has surfaced, this time claiming CRT is anti-Asian.
That's not what's being claimed. What's being claimed is that CRT fails to explain Asian excellence in a system rooted in white supremacy.

Last edited:
That's not what's being claimed. What's being claimed is that CRT fails to explain Asian excellence in a system rooted in white supremacy.
Except Asians helped create CRT.

Remember when you would hear blacks say going to college is "too white"?
Asians on the other hand embrace education, and they demonstrate why they have the highest standard of living.

Which is independent of CRT's inability to explain Asian excellence in America.
Actually the Asian who heklped create CRT explained the rlationship the development of CRT has had relative to it's impact on Asian communities.

"I participated in the first published symposium of Critical Race Theory scholarship, with an article (Looking to the Bottom, Harvard Civil Rights Civil Liberties Law Review) on reparations for Japanese Americans and Native Hawaiians. I co-authored the first CRT book, Words That Wound, centering analysis of hate crimes against Asian Americans. I used CRT analysis to write the first law review article on accent discrimination (Voices of America, Yale Law Review) based on case studies of Filipino and Native Hawaiian litigants. In We Won’t Go Back, written with Charles Lawrence, I used CRT to analyze Asian American responses to affirmative action. I have applied CRT to develop a course on Asian Americans and the law, first at UCLA and then at Georgetown. This work was foundational Critical Race Theory, developed by unpacking anti-Asian racism through a historical and structural analysis of US racism. All of it came out of struggle: real issues and real needs in Asian American communities. That is what Critical Race Theory is, and Asians have been at the center of it."

Remember when you would hear blacks say going to college is "too white"?
Asians on the other hand embrace education, and they demonstrate why they have the highest standard of living.
So is that why there are no historically Asian Colleges and Universities in America? Asians have the widest earning gap of any race in this country. There are a few high earners and a whole bunch of very poor Asians. So that success is non existent and in usual fashion whitey tries using Asians as a racial mascot.

Actually the Asian who heklped create CRT explained the rlationship the development of CRT has had relative to it's impact on Asian communities.

"I participated in the first published symposium of Critical Race Theory scholarship, with an article (Looking to the Bottom, Harvard Civil Rights Civil Liberties Law Review) on reparations for Japanese Americans and Native Hawaiians. I co-authored the first CRT book, Words That Wound, centering analysis of hate crimes against Asian Americans. I used CRT analysis to write the first law review article on accent discrimination (Voices of America, Yale Law Review) based on case studies of Filipino and Native Hawaiian litigants. In We Won’t Go Back, written with Charles Lawrence, I used CRT to analyze Asian American responses to affirmative action. I have applied CRT to develop a course on Asian Americans and the law, first at UCLA and then at Georgetown. This work was foundational Critical Race Theory, developed by unpacking anti-Asian racism through a historical and structural analysis of US racism. All of it came out of struggle: real issues and real needs in Asian American communities. That is what Critical Race Theory is, and Asians have been at the center of it."
That quote does nothing to explain the inconsistency of Asian excellence within the CRT framework.

So is that why there are no historically Asian Colleges and Universities in America? Asians have the widest earning gap of any race in this country. There are a few high earners and a whole bunch of very poor Asians. So that success is non existent and in usual fashion whitey tries using Asians as a racial mascot.

Asians don't need "special" colleges, they are not afraid to be part of the greater college population. They just put their heads down and work hard, and succeed.

You white racists are always looking to use Asians as your pets,
I don't have any Asians as pets, so I guess that means I'm not a White Racist. And this is the first I've heard that the "Asian Experience" is included in CRT. That would be completely antithetical to the victim hood theme of CRT since Asians excel academically and financially in America.

Forum List

Back