Ashers gay cake court case couple say they have done nothing wrong

But the towel heads don't have to make them.

They would if they operated a business in a state that covers gays under public accommodation laws. I am in favor of scrapping these laws almost entirely but that doesn't seem to be a popular proposition. My issue is that the same people complaining about having to serve gays do not seem to have an issue that these laws also protect them for being discriminating against as well. These people want to have their cake and eat it too.

PA laws don't have to be scrapped, they serve a useful purpose when it comes to systemic or local government mandated discrimination, not one and done point cases of refusal of service. They just have to be tailored so they aren't used to punish thought and speech.

They would if they operated a business in a state that covers gays under public accommodation laws. I am in favor of scrapping these laws almost entirely but that doesn't seem to be a popular proposition. My issue is that the same people complaining about having to serve gays do not seem to have an issue that these laws also protect them for being discriminating against as well. These people want to have their cake and eat it too.

PA laws don't have to be scrapped, they serve a useful purpose when it comes to systemic or local government mandated discrimination, not one and done point cases of refusal of service. They just have to be tailored so they aren't used to punish thought and speech.

Not entirely scrapped. but you know my positions concerning these laws.

Melissa and Aaron Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, cited religious beliefs when they refused to bake a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer more than two years ago.

The couple were awarded the damages in July by Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian for emotional suffering, saying the owners had violated the women’s civil rights by discriminating on the basis of their sexual orientation. They were also slapped with a gag order that prohibited them from speaking publicly about their refusal to participate in or bake wedding cakes for same-sex marriages.

The Kleins have filed an appeal of the ruling and are defying the order to pay. They’re claiming financial hardship although crowdfunding efforts have raised more than $500,000 on their behalf, according to The Oregonian.

Oregon bakery owners refuse to pay damages in gay wedding cake case | Fox News
The fuckers ended up paying their fine. I hope they learned something.

Bake or Die?
They're alive and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars from other bigots around the country. Which is fine. The law was upheld and they paid their fine.

Still, bake or die.

You government-force loving hump you.

You need a tissue?

Melissa and Aaron Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, cited religious beliefs when they refused to bake a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer more than two years ago.

The couple were awarded the damages in July by Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian for emotional suffering, saying the owners had violated the women’s civil rights by discriminating on the basis of their sexual orientation. They were also slapped with a gag order that prohibited them from speaking publicly about their refusal to participate in or bake wedding cakes for same-sex marriages.

The Kleins have filed an appeal of the ruling and are defying the order to pay. They’re claiming financial hardship although crowdfunding efforts have raised more than $500,000 on their behalf, according to The Oregonian.

Bake or Die?
Apparently they have forgotten they are under a gag order.

More love of government force from Farkey.
I believe in our form of government, and from you comments, you don't. Too bad.

Where do you get the idea that business serving the public should be able to discriminate against those they don't like or agree with?

Not entirely scrapped. but you know my positions concerning these laws.

Yep, sure do.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Bake or Die?
They're alive and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars from other bigots around the country. Which is fine. The law was upheld and they paid their fine.

Still, bake or die.

You need a tissue?

Typical response from a typical brain dead lefty twat.

Bake or Die?
Apparently they have forgotten they are under a gag order.

More love of government force from Farkey.
I believe in our form of government, and from you comments, you don't. Too bad.

Nice non answer.

Where do you get the idea that business serving the public should be able to discriminate against those they don't like or agree with?

Where do YOU get the idea that the second you try to sell something you give up all of your rights, depending on who's feelings are hurt?

It's called freedom. I'm sure, being a fascist commie shitbag, you have no clue what that means. The fucking towel heads can refuse to bake gay cakes all day long, but let some white people do and all you libtards shit your pants.

Where do YOU get the idea that the second you try to sell something you give up all of your rights, depending on who's feelings are hurt?
Your premise is false. Where do you think you can engage in public business services and can willfully discriminate because you disagree with someone's life style?

It's called freedom. I'm sure, being a fascist commie shitbag, you have no clue what that means. The fucking towel heads can refuse to bake gay cakes all day long, but let some white people do and all you libtards shit your pants.
Muslims who are in the commerce of public bakers cannot refuse customers they don't like. What a stupid, ignorant comment by you. Your anger reveals you know you are wrong and your days of any power are over.

Bake or Die?

Still, bake or die.

You need a tissue?

:crybaby:

Your premise is false. Where do you think you can engage in public business services and can willfully discriminate because you disagree with someone's life style?

As long as the discrimination is not systemic, the right of a person to provide services that meets their moral code outweighs any "right" to not have your feelings hurt.

Bake or Die?

Still, bake or die.

You need a tissue?

Still no real response.

What a poseur.

As long as the discrimination is not systemic, the right of a person to provide services that meets their moral code outweighs any "right" to not have your feelings hurt.
Not when you offer services to the public.

All you can do is disagree, and the law does not care about your disagreement.

Still, bake or die.

You need a tissue?

Still no real response.

What a poseur.
Respond to what... you whining that they made discrimination is illegal? No the best thing to do is laugh at you and others like you until you die off. People in the future will be ashamed that your beliefs existed.

Forum List

Back