What if God holds the universe in the palm of his hand

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
Scientists say that before the big bang, the universe would fit in the palm of your hand.

Yeah, I know, it would have burned through your hand, but still, that's pretty small.

It brings to mind the galaxy the cat wore around her neck in the MEN IN BLACK movie. Yeah yeah, it was a movie....but could it be that there are galaxies small like that? So why couldn't God be holding the universe in his hand? The comparative size of a person to a particle of an atom.

To discount possibilities, could be throwing the truth out the window.

Scientists say that before the big bang, the universe would fit in the palm of your hand.

Yeah, I know, it would have burned through your hand, but still, that's pretty small.

It brings to mind the galaxy the cat wore around her neck in the MEN IN BLACK movie. Yeah yeah, it was a movie....but could it be that there are galaxies small like that? So why couldn't God be holding the universe in his hand? The comparative size of a person to a particle of an atom.

The Book of Wisdom notes:

Before God, the entire universe is as a single grain, or a drop of morning dew. (Wisdom 11:22)

There are ten billion galaxies in the observable universe, with a hundred billion stars per galaxy which makes up one billion trillion stars...yet before God this is like a single grain of wheat, the size of a dew drop.

You either believe what the Bible says about God and his plan for Salvation (which is what the ENTIRE Bible is about, including the Old Testament)

Or you believe something else. A lie.

sealybobo I can tell you are beginning to like me. Instead of arguing with you now just laugh at my Christian posts :)

You either believe what the Bible says about God and his plan for Salvation (which is what the ENTIRE Bible is about, including the Old Testament)

The bible was written by con men.

A debate that has gone on for a long time and will continue....

We all get to find out one day -

Unless you believe that we just die - in which case, life seems to be pretty pointless.

sealybobo I can tell you are beginning to like me. Instead of arguing with you now just laugh at my Christian posts :)
I like you a lot. I don't hate Christians. I hate all organized religions. In your case religion has probably made you a better person. I know religion isn't all bad. Gives you something to cling to. And that's ok. I just don't think its good for us as a society or planet. Might give you comfort but it's also holding you back intellectually. But that's ok because you are hot and a sweetheart.

Unless you believe that we just die - in which case, life seems to be pretty pointless.
Not pointless. All good things must come to an end. And if I were you, I would consider myself very very lucky that you lived to the age you have and have had a relatively good life.

Think about a baby turtle who is born and in 2 minutes a bird eats it. Now that is pointless.

And think about how your parents could have had sex a day earlier or later and a different sperm was implanted into your moms egg and instead of you your brother Ronzi was born.

I like you a lot. I don't hate Christians. I hate all organized religions. In your case religion has probably made you a better person. I know religion isn't all bad. Gives you something to cling to. And that's ok. I just don't think its good for us as a society or planet. Might give you comfort but it's also holding you back intellectually. But that's ok because you are hot and a sweetheart.

Well, religion, Christianity whatever you believe in, requires work on your end too. My faith is not always a comfort to me. I think a lot and read a lot - outside the box - I don't put my head in the sand and reject out of hand things contrary to the Christian faith. I struggle and waver.

And thank you for the compliment. Those are ALWAYS appreciated :)

Not pointless. All good things must come to an end. And if I were you, I would consider myself very very lucky that you lived to the age you have and have had a relatively good life.

Think about a baby turtle who is born and in 2 minutes a bird eats it. Now that is pointless.

And think about how your parents could have had sex a day earlier or later and a different sperm was implanted into your moms egg and instead of you your brother Ronzi was born.

So, if something collides into Earth and smashes it to smithereens tomorrow; you don't think all this was pointless?

Re-incarnation. That's all there is.

Re-incarnation. That's all there is.

What makes you so sure of that? Research ? Experiences?
Check out the many accounts of young people being able to describe a town half a world away, and all the people in it, when they've never been there. There are lots of different stories like that.
You could possibly also include the 5 year old kids who either can play an instrument very well without lessons, or the ones who get a Phd by the age of 15. Some kids just know too much when they're born.
Myself, I've always known since my very earliest memories what I was going to be in life. And I did it. Fairly easily.

Grade school science class, the teacher is showing us slides of different molecules and atoms.

I couldn't help but have the thought; That looks like a sun with planets. Wonder what kind of atom we would be?

There is war, sex, betrayal and parental/child sex in the Bible also...It reads like a daytime soap opera..

There is war, sex, betrayal and parental/child sex in the Bible also...It reads like a daytime soap opera..

Because it's about life. Life is like that. Just proves all the more it's not a fairy tale.

Forum List

Back