As Threats of a New US Military Engagement Loom, How Do You Vote?

Nowadays, does a threat urging US military action cause you to vote...

• More republican, I believe a strong military and action is the right course

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • More democrat, I believe the US is too battle weary; other options should be explored.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
No, defeating the enemy is winning. Death is a part of war. But these people are chopping children in half. There are some causes noble enough to put American lives at risk. This is one of them. We would lose very few as it is, we are far superior in ground war. But I don't support a very expensive operation that has no hope of succeeding. Perhaps you do, but I don't.

No, defeating the enemy is winning. Death is a part of war. But these people are chopping children in half. There are some causes noble enough to put American lives at risk. This is one of them. We would lose very few as it is, we are far superior in ground war. But I don't support a very expensive operation that has no hope of succeeding. Perhaps you do, but I don't.
Or they are purposefully provoking us into something we won't escape with our hide intact.

Weird how their victims are never Russian or Chinese...

Unfortunately, you cannot fight an enemy without any civilian deaths.

For many civilians there, I would imagine sometimes death can be preferable to fearing life daily.
Send in the marines, bomb them to hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who do you want to bomb? Women and children? The elderly? The innocent? Because when you 'bomb them to hell,' those are the ones who suffer the most, who die the most.

Native US ground forces do at least not create Caliphates. But another problem is the US depleted uranium weaponry contaminating everybody and everything with radiation. If the Secret Services would forbear from creating threats, thing would be far easier.

"While a tour of duty in Iraq or Afghanistan isn’t included on the list of “official” risk factors, it probably should be. More than two million American soldiers have been deployed during the ongoing conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq—and many of them have been exposed to United States weapons made with depleted uranium (DU)."
U.S. Soldiers Deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan Have Higher Prostate Cancer Risk Urology Arlington Irving Dallas Fort Worth Texas

Much worse for the Iraqis and their horrendous birth defects now.

VERY GRAPHIC PHOTOS. THINK BEFORE YOU CLICK.

I read an article the other day about this...don't be to sure those defects are not the result of inbreeding. It seems to be a huge problem in the Muslim middle east

It used to be the old reliable engine. Whip up some fear and a military "need" just before an election and rake in GOP votes.

But since this nation has become war-fatigued things are changing IMHO.

How do you feel? Another 8 years of Cheney/Bush thinking/acting or maybe another extension of the measured calm and other more creative means to dealing with being provoked in an obvious and escalating fashion abroad?

Vote in the poll.
No need to "whip up fear and a military need"

The threat to human life is real

For many civilians there, I would imagine sometimes death can be preferable to fearing life daily.

Who do you want to bomb? Women and children? The elderly? The innocent? Because when you 'bomb them to hell,' those are the ones who suffer the most, who die the most.
OMG you are crazy.

Native US ground forces do at least not create Caliphates. But another problem is the US depleted uranium weaponry contaminating everybody and everything with radiation. If the Secret Services would forbear from creating threats, thing would be far easier.

"While a tour of duty in Iraq or Afghanistan isn’t included on the list of “official” risk factors, it probably should be. More than two million American soldiers have been deployed during the ongoing conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq—and many of them have been exposed to United States weapons made with depleted uranium (DU)."
U.S. Soldiers Deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan Have Higher Prostate Cancer Risk Urology Arlington Irving Dallas Fort Worth Texas

I read an article the other day about this...don't be to sure those defects are not the result of inbreeding. It seems to be a huge problem in the Muslim middle east
:cuckoo:You people are sick. There is not this kind of problem in the ME as far as inbreeding. At worst, people marry first cousins,, which does NOT result in the kind of defects you are seeing in those photos.

:cuckoo:You people are sick. There is not this kind of problem in the ME as far as inbreeding. At worst, people marry first cousins,, which does NOT result in the kind of defects you are seeing in those photos.

You are so sadly misinformed...

Disturbing Inbreeding is a huge problem in the Muslim world Western Free Press

Crazy? They are the ones living it daily, and pleading for help to take them out, knowing that help could accidently include civilians.
Yazidi protesters plead for help after Islamic State advance euronews world news
Anbar province pleads for U.S. help as ISIS gains ground in Baghdad WHNT.com
Iraq pleads for global help in fight against jihadists - Yahoo News
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/10/31/iraq-pm-pleads-for-us-help-as-violence-explodes.html

OMG you are crazy.

We need to fight when we are attacked. We do ñot need to fight another country's war for them and least not another pre-emptive war again.

Why isn't there a third option in the poll? How about strong military action, but based on thorough planning and preparation, with specific goals and objectives, not an open ended campaign.

Why isn't there a third option in the poll? How about strong military action, but based on thorough planning and preparation, with specific goals and objectives, not an open ended campaign.
There kind of is an option for that, that would be the first one. Vote on it if you like.

But when you do, remember an ineffective campaign is no campaign at all. You know, I know, the world knows that the next campaign in the ME with us involved will be, in fact, WWIII...

And also remember there are no Russian or Chinese victims of ISIS.

Food for thought.. Last I heard, the Chinese naval fleet is getting quite large and their standing army is larger than our entire US population of men, women, children and transsexuals...they have a few nukes too, last I heard..

You are so sadly misinformed...

Disturbing Inbreeding is a huge problem in the Muslim world Western Free Press
That is a biased blog you are reading. They have an agenda of bigotry. I lived in the ME for nearly 6 years and worked daily with Muslim people, closely with them. The situation is exaggerated in the piece you cite.

It may be typical to marry first cousins, but Muslims do not have sex with siblings or parents, which is what would cause serious birth defects as in the OP. The type of birth problems described in the article you cite are nothing whatsoever like those in the photos in this thread's OP.

Marrying cousins was common in the West up until fairly recently. It is not considered incest and does not cause the kind of birth defects in the pictures in the article the OP cites. You are the one who is sadly misinformed.

Last edited:
I'll never forgive the anti-war liberals for demanding that we pull out of Iraq. I'll never forgive them for causing so many of us to die needlessly so they can reassure their constituents they voted for absurd ROE that only grudgingly allows our people to defend themselves once under active fire. I'll never forgive them for their tireless attempts to kill the drone program that keeps my deployed friends and coworkers safe.
We should have never been in Iraq. If they want to kill each other let them. You dont seem to understand that messing with people creates enemies which become terrorists which feeds the military war machine which pays the politicians to frighten you into repeating the cycle.

:iagree: ^^Someone understands the implications of WWIII and the impoverished West facing off with the Middle East/China/Russia. ^^

Maybe the West could strike a bargain with the East if we just offer them up Dick Cheney to try for war crimes? Think of all the people who have died directly or indirectly because of that guy's agenda over the last 5 decades..

..He's probably playing golf right now...

Forum List

Back