As Democrats go hard Left, Hispanics head to the Center

Latinos like to procreate. This is not what Margaret Sanger wanted. I’m so happy I contributed to Latino expansion.

Nor do I care to understand them.

1624798411349.png

Did you know there were Jews who supported Hitler?

Latinos like to procreate. This is not what Margaret Sanger wanted. I’m so happy I contributed to Latino expansion.

Margaret Sanger opposed legal abortion, because Abortion was still a pretty dangerous proposition in the days before antibiotics were developed.

What Sanger favored was legalized contraception. There's really no political argument about contraception today, other than who has to pay for it, maybe.

Funny, our mixed-race family was just talking about this last night.

The Democratic Party has long been depending on demographics to lead the way to a more progressive American future. My impression has always been that the party thought the elections of Obama in 2008 and 2012 were a sign that such a process had taken over. That was a major part of the shock of Trump's win.

This is why it's not a good idea to make long term assumptions. One large group has been virtually ignored by the Democratic Party for a long time (as it continues to push its PC/Identity Politics-soaked strategies), and it may not be a good idea for the party to keep making assumptions about the future:

In a recent New York Magazine interview, Democratic pollster David Shor weighed in on his party’s performance in the 2020 election. Based on the interview, it appears that Democrats continue to interpret 2022 in the context of demographics, race and class and less about voters’ belief systems and positions on issues.

Give him credit: Shor does recognize that white liberal elites are pushing the party to the left and alienating certain voter groups, including Hispanics.

“We’ve ended up in a situation where white liberals are more left wing than Black and Hispanic Democrats on pretty much every issue: taxes, health care, policing, and even on racial issues or various measures of ‘racial resentment,’” he told the magazine. “So as white liberals increasingly define the party’s image and messaging, that’s going to turn off nonwhite conservative Democrats and push them against us.”
We're going to take them away from you Mac.

Hard working family folk that are deeply religious... they have more in common with us than they do with you.

I think Trump's a buffoon, so you think you know my politics. Funny.

You need to be less narcissistic and think more generally. I couldn't care less about your personal politics.

I'm agreeing with your premise...we've been seeing it here in Missouri for years.

Missouri was evenly split between Dems and Republicans for ages...I voted for Democrats all the time...Jay Nixon and Ike Skelton...

But the Dems are off the rails...and the Republicans under Trump are closer to our beliefs than ever before.

You can't be elected dogcatcher here with a D after your name unless you're in KC or StL.

Hard working traditionalist family folk who are deeply religious.

The Hispanic community hits all those same points. They are far closer to us than they are to you...generally...as Democrats.

The Democrats are making a huge mistake...and I'm very pleased that the tone of the responses to this thread indicate that their course will not be swayed.

Forum List

Back