Arizona Lawmaker Retweets Push to Celebrate Confederate Generals on MLK Day, Days After Speaking at Trump Rally

Actually I used to think it was. BUT, people like you, constantly making a point that it is FOR blacks, means that it is not for me.
Certainly not people like me. I believe we should examine history from as many perspectives as we can find.
Do YOU want ME celeberating MLK?
I don't have any feelings one way or the other on whether or not you celebrate MLK other than to find it amusing that you seem to have tied your decision to celebrate or not celebrate him to what other people want you to do rather than how you feel about the man yourself. Do you always concede such authority over your life to others?

Just like you. The message has been clear for a long time now. I am just responding to it.
Wrong again. I don't know what you're responding to but it isn't anything I've said here or previously. What I've said here, and it's clear for all to see, is that history should be examined from all its various perspectives.
Fine. You don't care personally. The general treand seems to be very much otherwise.
No one cares if you celebrate MLK day though you seem to care quite a bit what other people think of you.

Wrong again. I don't know what you're responding to but it isn't anything I've said here or previously. What I've said here, and it's clear for all to see, is that history should be examined from all its various perspectives.

No one cares if you celebrate MLK day though you seem to care quite a bit what other people think of you.

I already explained what I was responding to. If you didn't read it the first time, go back and try again.

I already explained what I was responding to. If you didn't read it the first time, go back and try again.
You claimed you were responding to things I've said but you've yet to provide any evidence I actually said them.

If you don't see why having Lee statues is a problem in 2022 I can not help you.

War's over. Everyone kissed and made up, long ago. Kind of silly for you to be fighting battles that better men won before your grandfather was born.

Arizona state Sen. Wendy Rogers (R-AZ) retweeted white nationalist Scott Greer on Monday calling for celebrating Confederate Generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

Greers’ call to celebrate Confederate generals came on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, in an apparent message to his supporters that he believes in the tenants of the Confederacy over those the slain civil rights leader.

Rogers retweeted the controversial message just days after she spoke at former President Donald Trump’s rally in Florence, Arizona.

“Arizona is a red state,” Rogers declared during the rally. “We are not turning purple.”

The Arizona lawmaker, who has embraced the QAnon conspiracy theory and pushed allegations that the 2020 presidential election was stolen, also led the crowd in chanting “decertify” during the rally.

Rogers, a freshman legislator who is running for re-election, announced last week that she raised an eye-popping $2.5 million in 2021.

No stranger to controversy the former Air Force pilot and die-hard Trump supporter has previously shared posts from notorious white nationalist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes.

It is amazing how folks wonder why black folks don't support the Grand Ole Party.
You butthurt about this, Negro?

War's over. Everyone kissed and made up, long ago. Kind of silly for you to be fighting battles that better men won before your grandfather was born.
Not silly when their kin are a bunch of pussies who can't maintain the victories their grandaddies won.

Except they're not people like me at all because again, I've said history should be examined from all perspectives.

Use whatever words you like it won't help your claims make any more sense. 😄

You say lots. But I stand by my statement. They are like you. You are like them.

Would you like to go over this again?

Forum List

Back