Are you really suprised ?

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE

A new CBS poll shows a statistical tie among Hispanics in the 2022 generic ballot. Context: Democrats won Hispanics by 40 points in 2018. This is a seismic shift in American politics.

hispanic-GOP.jpg

A new CBS poll shows a statistical tie among Hispanics in the 2022 generic ballot. Context: Democrats won Hispanics by 40 points in 2018. This is a seismic shift in American politics.

View attachment 676804

If more women would understand the importance of national security, the economy and foreign affairs and dismiss climate change and green green freak outs --- and get out of their minds republicans are for the rich and democrats are for the poor ---- only then might they cast a prudent vote.

If more women would understand the importance of national security, the economy and foreign affairs and dismiss climate change and green green freak outs --- and get out of their minds republicans are for the rich and democrats are for the poor ---- only then might they cast a prudent vote.

Women understand their kids are being killed over national security lies.

Voting R is no different from voting D, but somehow many Americans don’t know this obvious fact.

Voting R is no different from voting D, but somehow many Americans don’t know this obvious fact.
If you are suggesting that historically many republicans, like democrats, are in it for themselves and make behind the scenes deals or don't rock the boat too much, I won't argue. But surely what Trump tried to accomplish --- and did accomplish --- weighs far different on the American people than what the sleazy democrats have been pushing this past decade.

If you are suggesting that historically many republicans, like democrats, are in it for themselves and make behind the scenes deals or don't rock the boat too much, I won't argue. But surely what Trump tried to accomplish --- and did accomplish --- weighs far different on the American people than what the sleazy democrats have been pushing this past decade.
No. The two parties are near identical on all the big issues. Cultural issues generate differences that are only for show.

A new third party was announced this week and the response has been tepid. Even hostile in some quarters.
While the people backing this party are well known to all of us, we still seem unable to break out of our two party quicksand pit.

A new third party was announced this week and the response has been tepid. Even hostile in some quarters.
While the people backing this party are well known to all of us, we still seem unable to break out of our two party quicksand pit.

I'd love to see a valid third party but I don't see Yang being the one to do it. I see Yang as being much like Trump, it's all about Yang.

I'd love to see a valid third party but I don't see Yang being the one to do it. I see Yang as being much like Trump, it's all about Yang.
The system is designed to prevent an effective third party. Both criminal gangs work in tandem along with government and media, to make sure the oligarchy keeps the choice limited to R or D.

Yang is too much of a caricature at this point. And here lies the problem with a third party. All we have are caricatures. Policy substance is what we are lacking. And with the deep division in this country, there is ZERO policy substance being discussed.
If someone could just tell me what a real third party would represent and what it would put forward that I could get behind, I'd listen.

Ben Franklin suggested that the intelligence and morality of the citizenry was more important to the fate of the nation than government leadership. So there's that. ;)

Forum List

Back