Are You An Introvert Or An Extrovert?

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

• Total voters

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I'm usually an extravert as I am a very social person. I only turn introvert when I don't know somebody really well or when I'm in a group. When it's friends or family that I know really well (sometimes I do well in a group when it's a group of family or friends) I am a social butterfly.

used to be introverted till my late 20's,was the shyest person in the world., hated being in large groups.I was worse than you.I was okay with family but even in large groups with friends i knew for years i was a wreck.

I was so shy and worried what others would say that i would not wear my glasses at my workplace,only did so around family or when i drove.Its amazazing when i look back at what that person i was back then vs now,people who know me now would be shocked if they ever saw me what i was back then and are always shocked when i tell them i was the shyest person on the planet back then.

Now I am very extroverted.I am like the life of the party even around strangers now. I guess i finally overcame my shyness having to be at a workplace where i was forced to be around lots of people all the time.when you have to deal with it for years then you kinda break out of your shell.

used to be introverted till my late 20's,was the shyest person in the world., hated being in large groups.I was worse than you.I was okay with family but even in large groups with friends i knew for years i was a wreck.

Do you know what geocaching is? I can't remember if I told you about it, but every so often I'll meet with other geocachers but mostly I'll just listen to everybody else's conversation or I'll just talk to one or two people, not the whole entire group.

I was so shy and worried what others would say that i would not wear my glasses at my workplace,only did so around family or when i drove.Its amazazing when i look back at what that person i was back then vs now,people who know me now would be shocked if they ever saw me what i was back then and are always shocked when i tell them i was the shyest person on the planet back then.

Now I am very extroverted.I am like the life of the party even around strangers now. I guess i finally overcame my shyness having to be at a workplace where i was forced to be around lots of people all the time.when you have to deal with it for years then you kinda break out of your shell.
i added on here that people who meet me now they would be shocked if they could go back and see me how i was back then and that they are always stunned when i tell them back then i was the shyest person on the planet.

Do you know what geocaching is? I can't remember if I told you about it, but every so often I'll meet with other geocachers but mostly I'll just listen to everybody else's conversation or I'll just talk to one or two people, not the whole entire group.
nope never heard of it.

I'm not a psychologist, but from what I've learned, introversion vs extroversion is not synonymous with shyness vs being outgoing. It has to do with how one processes the world around them and how one gets their energy, so to speak. In fact, not all introverts are shy or unfriendly. But they like and need to have 'alone time.'

I'm an introvert, and I'm sure other introverts can relate to this, but if I'm around a lot of people for a long period of time, I start to feel drained and I need some time alone in order to recharge. :) Extroverts, on the other hand, get their energy from being around people.

But of course it's also about whether one is introspective and looks within oneself.... or extrospective / looks to what is outside oneself. Maybe that was poorly worded, but you get the idea.

I've taken the Myers Briggs test a few times, and I'm always an INTP. (Introverted, intuitive, thinking, perceiving)

Personality-OutsideVsInside.jpg

I'm an introvert, and I'm sure other introverts can relate to this, but if I'm around a lot of people for a long period of time, I start to feel drained and I need some time alone in order to recharge. :) Extroverts, on the other hand, get their energy from being around people.
Exactly!

Forum List

Back