Are we atheists really that annoying??

You know

Mamooth is correct. A lack of belief in god does not preclude a lack of belief in an afterlife, unexplained/supernatural occurances, or even magic in general.

Could one be an atheists with belief in the unexplained? Aren't all atheists that realize their shortcomings?

You know

Mamooth is correct. A lack of belief in god does not preclude a lack of belief in an afterlife, unexplained/supernatural occurances, or even magic in general.

Could one be an atheists with belief in the unexplained? Aren't all atheists that realize their shortcomings?

Atheists belief is called fear of being judged for the things they do in life...I mean hell if there is a God and he will judge you it takes all the fun out of a selfish hedonistic life.

You know

Atheists belief is called fear of being judged for the things they do in life...I mean hell if there is a God and he will judge you it takes all the fun out of a selfish hedonistic life.
:eusa_hand:
An Atheist + selfish hedonist that fear being judged probably would not tell you that he is an atheists. Or a selfish hedonist. In fact, will try to hide the fact as best they can.

That's a dumb conclusion, based on inconsistent logic.

Syllogism:

Faith is belief in things unseen without evidence

Atheism is the belief that there can be no god or supernatural intelligence

Atheism is a form of faith, since in is belief without evidence

------------------

Try again sparky, the logic tests just fine.

You clearly have a deep emotional need to believe atheism is faith-based. Why do you have such an emotional need?

Ad hom, mixed with a straw man - so clever.

Just as everyone's beliefs "demand" there is no Invisible Pink Unicorn or Flying Spaghetti Monster, yet no one says that lack of belief in those mythical entities requires "faith". It takes some arrogant/hypocrital thinking to declare atheists are faith-based just because they lack belief in someone's own special mythical figure.

I see no evidence of an invisible pink unicorn, but nothing precludes it from possibility.

Totally wrong. Atheism says nothing about supernaturalism in general. Atheism just says there are no gods. That still leaves plenty of room for supernaturalism.

I note that you are forced to make false claims of Atheism in order to support it. That should tell you something.

{Some atheists go beyond a mere absence of belief in gods: they actively believe that particular gods, or all gods, do not exist. Just lacking belief in Gods is often referred to as the "weak atheist" position; whereas believing that gods do not (or cannot) exist is known as "strong atheism."}

Atheism: An Introduction to Atheism

Normally, what he terms "weak" is termed "Agnostic." Atheists are what he terms "strong."

I fall into the agnostic camp. I have no reason to believe in gods, but no reason to preclude them, either.

Atheists have an abiding faith that gods cannot exist.

You know

An Atheist + selfish hedonist that fear being judged probably would not tell you that he is an atheists. Or a selfish hedonist. In fact, will try to hide the fact as best they can.
I know lying means nothing to a atheist....They dont fear being judged for it.

I know lying means nothing to a atheist....They dont fear being judged for it.

Lying?

That is called logic. Think about it.

If you fear being judged, why would you give people a reason to judge you.
Also if you suffer from this fear, you probably don't like people assuming bad things about you.

Thus why would someone that fear being judged admit to the world that he is either an atheist or a selfish hedonist? Most people will contain some negative impressions about either group, so why incite your fear?

I am sorry to say that but you have no idea what you are talking about. Things are really different from text books you know. People murdered and raped their neighbors. This is no war, this is extermination.

Extermination? Of the Muslims?

ROFL

Liars for Allah say the most absurd things.

With your description, you can call the holocaust as a civil war too. A logical thinking indian or a pakistani could only laugh on your comments, just like I do know :)

Really?

Which part of Germany became a Jewish theocracy after the Jews revolted?

But ignorance is a bliss, keep going buddy.

Ignorance? You mean reality.

In 1947 the Muslims rose up in violence - as is the way of Muslims, and fought to establish the brutal theocracy of Pakistan.

So with your logic, if jews, who were being discriminated and forced out of their properties have revolted, then they would have deserved to be killed, all children, women, elders, all together. It would be ok for nazis to kill them all, if they have revolted or have done anything about what was being done to them.

Look buddy, if you are systematically targeting a religious or national population, and killing them including all man, women and children, this is called extermination, according to international law.

I don't expect you to understand any of this tho. You apparently are living in your small world, have no idea what is happening outside, trying to make up your mind about stuff just by relying on some stroy books and fairy tales. So I don't mind you keep day dreaming, cause I don't have anything to gain from your faulty logic. I am not here to educate you or make you accept facts. I am here to exchange knowledge with people who can actually use their logic in an efficient way, not in a crippled way.

So keep doing whatever you are doing...

Faith is belief in things unseen without evidence

Atheism is the belief that there can be no god or supernatural intelligence

Already incorrect. "Can be"? No. And atheism says nothing about the supernatural. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods. "Supernatural" does not mean "gods". If you want to make up a strawman version of atheism to rage against, be my guest, but I'll feel no need to defend your strawman.

Atheism is a form of faith, since in is belief without evidence

Lack of belief in anything is the default state. Faith is a positive quality, not a negative one. Belief without evidence is faith. Lack of belief because there's no evidence is nothing like faith.

Again, you need to explain why you only define lack-of-belief-due-to-no-evidence concerning these god-things as "faith", while lack-of-belief-due-to-no-evidence of everything else is not "faith". I do not believe in an undetectable elephant in my living room. No honest person would call that "faith", but it's exactly the sort of "faith" that your peculiar standard says atheists have.

I see no evidence of an invisible pink unicorn, but nothing precludes it from possibility.

So exactly like atheists and gods.

Some deities, like the Christian God, can absolutely be disproven, being they violate the laws of logic. Just as the unicorn can't be both invisible and pink, so it can't exist. Sure, one could claim deities don't have to obey logic, but that really doesn't help, since logic is all we have to understand the world. If the deity isn't bound by logic, then you can't know anything about it.

Deities in general can't be absolutely disproven ... but who cares? There are endless concepts that can't be disproven, but it doesn't take any faith to discard them.

I note that you are forced to make false claims of Atheism in order to support it. That should tell you something.

I know plenty of atheists who believe in ghosts and superstitions. It has nothing to do with gods. I have no idea why you cling to the false belief that atheism precludes all supernaturalism.

Normally, what he terms "weak" is termed "Agnostic." Atheists are what he terms "strong."

No, no, no. Agnosticism is the belief that knowledge of gods is unknowable. It is a separate concept from atheism. One can be both atheist and agnostic.

Atheists have an abiding faith that gods cannot exist.

Atheism is just a lack of belief in gods. You're using a strange alternate definition of "atheism".

Maybe not.....But it does come from having a moral center.......Atheism to me is just spoiled children throwing a fit and acting ignorant so they wont be like mommy or daddy....

Given your behavior here, you're not one to be talking about having a moral center.

The atheists aren't making crap up about you. Why is it so hard for you to return the favor?

You know

I don't fear god at all, let alone hell. It is far more likely if there is a god that it is Egyptian, Greek or Sumerian. In any case no one is in heaven anyway save toddlers, religious zealots, Jesus, God, Mohammad, virgins and angels you can't have sex with (or they wouldn't be virgins or 'pure'); or Baptists believe there are only 5000 at one time, so it is like a banged up washing machine that throws clothes out onto the floor every few minutes or so.

Heaven sounds far worse than Hell to me, probably Karl Max has overthrown 'the devil' by now and worked with Nietzsche, Plato, Mises, Keynes and Hayek to build a perfect society. Brothels sound a more fun alternative to piety and idol worship of a god that hates human nature and the human species while simultaneously 'loving' them.

Last edited:
You know

Atheists belief is called fear of being judged for the things they do in life...
Only by you and other superstitious douches who seek an out for your life-long depravities via a last-miunte appeal your personal "savior[tm]."

I mean hell if there is a God and he will judge you it takes all the fun out of a selfish hedonistic life.
And getting a last-minute appeal puts it right back in. :clap2:

You know

Y

Atheists belief is called fear of being judged for the things they do in life...
Only by you and other superstitious douches who seek an out for your life-long depravities via a last-miunte appeal your personal "savior[tm]."

I mean hell if there is a God and he will judge you it takes all the fun out of a selfish hedonistic life.
you are assuming we all live selfish lives like you

you are assuming we all live selfish lives like you
You are presuming I live a selfish life.

What makes people annoying, especially online:

DENIAL and PROJECTION

Once a person REFUSES to forgive/resolve some past issue or group,
that BIAS gets PROJECTED onto any other argument made, viewed or discussed
which happens to remind that person of their unresolved issues with THAT person/group.

That gets old, no matter what political/religious view or side
you are taking or attacking. It escalates until people can no longer
pinpoint the issues, but are boxing at shadows projected on the wall.

Pointing the finger and blaming some other person or group,
while doing the same thing or worse!

So A, as long as you are FORGIVING and WILLING to resolve
any past present or future grievances or differences,
that sincere desire to seek truth never get olds, but love of truth and commitment
to correcting anything false or unfair, leads to overcoming any fears or conflicts
obstructing the process of reaching a common understanding.

What breaks the cycle of "denial and projection" back and forth is
Mutual Forgiveness in making mutual corrections.
This common respect for humanity and honesty sake never gets old or out of fashion, but diffuses and
breaks emotional entanglement, multiple layers of defense barriers, and deadlocks of "denial and projection"

Last edited:
Is this a contest to make other people wrong to prove superiority of one group or another? Wouldn't more be gained by correcting and improving ALL points of view or information so NOBODY has to be wrong, and everyone can be right and consistent with their own system of defining, explaining and relating to the world and with others in it.

You are presuming I live a selfish life.

Of course you do if your a atheist...
Presumptuous nonsense.

Just because atheists do not make human sacrifice the center of their moral foundation, it is no reason at all to conclude that they are, by necessity, living selfish lives.

Rule Number One:
Avoid addressing individuals as if "they" represent "an entire group, perception or stereotype"

Rule Number Two:
Avoid responding to such a person by making the same mistake, or you'll go in circles.

Rule Number Three:
Talk about what you believe for yourself, not in competition with someone else's perception, or again you'll argue back and forth who is more at fault for making generalizations that "don't apply to all groups or all people in that group" as such statements assume.

Avoid make any generalizations, unless you are truly saying something positive and constructive that applies to all people or all groups so it is is fair to everyone equally.
(such as saying all people, in general, are designed to seek pleasure/satisfaction/peace
and to avoid pain/suffering/conflict)

Just speak for yourself, based on your own feelings and experiences, that are unconditional and do not depend on making others "right or wrong".

And you will tend to invoke a similar response from others, based on what they believe or
understand personally ALSO without any need to defend or attack "in comparison" with anyone else.

Everyone has strengths or weaknesses, good points and missing information within our views and perceptions and understanding.

Why can't we stick to finding what we mutually agree is true, right and consistent -- shared in common despite the diversity of our personal preferences and cultural backgrounds.

Is this a contest to make other people wrong to prove superiority of one group or another? Wouldn't more be gained by correcting and improving ALL points of view or information so NOBODY has to be wrong, and everyone can be right and consistent with their own system of defining, explaining and relating to the world and with others in it.

Of course you do if your a atheist...
Presumptuous nonsense.

Just because atheists do not make human sacrifice the center of their moral foundation, it is no reason at all to conclude that they are, by necessity, living selfish lives.

Rule Number One:
Avoid addressing individuals as if "they" represent "an entire group, perception or stereotype"

Rule Number Two:
Avoid responding to such a person by making the same mistake, or you'll go in circles.

Rule Number Three:
Talk about what you believe for yourself, not in competition with someone else's perception, or again you'll argue back and forth who is more at fault for making generalizations that "don't apply to all groups or all people in that group" as such statements assume.

Avoid make any generalizations, unless you are truly saying something positive and constructive that applies to all people or all groups so it is is fair to everyone equally.
(such as saying all people, in general, are designed to seek pleasure/satisfaction/peace
and to avoid pain/suffering/conflict)

Just speak for yourself, based on your own feelings and experiences, that are unconditional and do not depend on making others "right or wrong".

And you will tend to invoke a similar response from others, based on what they believe or
understand personally ALSO without any need to defend or attack "in comparison" with anyone else.

Everyone has strengths or weaknesses, good points and missing information within our views and perceptions and understanding.

Why can't we stick to finding what we mutually agree is true, right and consistent -- shared in common despite the diversity of our personal preferences and cultural backgrounds.
I find it interesting that you chose to respond to my post with these points (rules).

Without assigning some presumption to you, I am at a loss as to why I should be so lucky.

Forum List

Back