Are there any threads here about dating in our modern era- Because it ain’t like it used to be

Brother I literally saw what you’re talking about the other day. It was at a restaurant and this eight-year-old kid sat down in a parent immediately put the phone in their hand and the kid was glued to the phone screen the whole time.

I also blame the rise of Internet dating which is a for-profit billion dollar business. Sure a few people have luck but most men and women it’s not good for them.

Well you know it back in the day kids will go out play sports and what not now everyone’s on their phone and TikTok it’s not good.

Yeah internet dating is not a good thing either.

Half the problem is you can very very very easily present yourself a specific way but the real you is nothing like that. People can alter photos, and have time to sit down and prepare everything you say. So internet dating can be discouraging to many since they never turn out to the perfect person they imagined.

A lot of women raised under the mantra of "you're special, powerful, unique, brave, awesome, amazing" and so on probably have a hard time finding actual real men because to them no man is good enough. And when they meet a real man he isn't interested because she is a pretentious ass wipe. Or what is a real man to them is some toxic male asshole because he has opinions he isn't afraid to express, he isn't a coward so he speaks his mind, he doesn't just follow along with whatever the current social justice of the moment is, and because he wants a real woman. Feminism is fine, but zealot like feminism drives away real men. Real men also don't like your degree in feministic arts, purple hair, gauge nose and tattoo covered polyamory body.

Women also have worked so hard to be equal to men that they are no longer attractive as women. Real men and women go together so well because they counter balance each other. But when women try to be like men and say they don't need men, and so on well then men won't want you.

A lot of men on dating sites are feminized pussies cow tailing to women hoping if they overly agree and praise them that the women will want them.

And running it all are the owners of the dating sites that pull every psychological trick in the book to get your money or ad clicks.

By some act of god I met my wife 12 years ago on craigslist of all places. We dated for 2 years, lived with each other 2 and been married 8. And I wouldn't trade her for anything. Took me 35 years to find anyone I thought was worth dating more than 3 months. We do everything together. It's awesome to have a wife that last week said "oh my god. Midget wrestling next weekend. Let's go!"

Half the problem is you can very very very easily present yourself a specific way but the real you is nothing like that. People can alter photos, and have time to sit down and prepare everything you say. So internet dating can be discouraging to many since they never turn out to the perfect person they imagined.

A lot of women raised under the mantra of "you're special, powerful, unique, brave, awesome, amazing" and so on probably have a hard time finding actual real men because to them no man is good enough. And when they meet a real man he isn't interested because she is a pretentious ass wipe. Or what is a real man to them is some toxic male asshole because he has opinions he isn't afraid to express, he isn't a coward so he speaks his mind, he doesn't just follow along with whatever the current social justice of the moment is, and because he wants a real woman. Feminism is fine, but zealot like feminism drives away real men. Real men also don't like your degree in feministic arts, purple hair, gauge nose and tattoo covered polyamory body.

Women also have worked so hard to be equal to men that they are no longer attractive as women. Real men and women go together so well because they counter balance each other. But when women try to be like men and say they don't need men, and so on well then men won't want you.

A lot of men on dating sites are feminized pussies cow tailing to women hoping if they overly agree and praise them that the women will want them.

And running it all are the owners of the dating sites that pull every psychological trick in the book to get your money or ad clicks.

By some act of god I met my wife 12 years ago on craigslist of all places. We dated for 2 years, lived with each other 2 and been married 8. And I wouldn't trade her for anything. Took me 35 years to find anyone I thought was worth dating more than 3 months. We do everything together. It's awesome to have a wife that last week said "oh my god. Midget wrestling next weekend. Let's go!"
Remember what happened to the football player I think his name was Monte teo from Hawaii. He was hoodwinked into having this over the Internet relationship with what he thought was a woman it was actually a guy. Remember that story from a few years ago was all over ESPN. It was a major embarrassment for him and frankly the NFL.

Also to your point my older brother met his wife and they had a kid together. So there is success when it comes to online dating. But as you know there’s a lot of issues there with online dating.

This woman looks like my mother.

eyJpdSI6IjM5NmY3NjVlNWMwYjdkYzVkNmZhYWUzMTMxNjE2NTU3ZjdmOTA4ZTY2YTk0NDI0NDUyOGI1YmYwMmIzZDYyODkiLCJ3Ijo0NTAsImgiOjMwMCwiZCI6MS41LCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6NH0.webp

Here is one of the most interesting things of our time. Dating and even marriage in the modern-day era. With the rise of wokeness, cancel culture and men and women becoming ultra feminists it certainly has changed one could say.

And btw for the female posters here I definitely want to hear what you have to say about dating and marriage. I will be really interested in asking women here what do you think about these types of feminized men(The ones who support BLM the ones who have feminine type characteristics) or like a metrosexual man would you go on a date with them.? So that’s my question to women here what are you looking for in a man what’s your preference?

Take tinder for example. There’s actually women on tinder who are supporters of BLM and who have said I don’t want to date Trump supporters. But there’s also conservative women on these dating apps. Personally I’ve gotten away from the dating apps and I would say that approaching women with a cold approached at the grocery store at the mall at the bar it’s just way better. This way you actually know who you’re talking to because online you don’t know for sure if it’s the same person as it is in the picture. And it’s just so more exhilarating going up to a lady in person it truly is exhilarating.

My question to men here is what are you looking for in a woman what is your preference?

So for guys how do you go about finding a woman… do you go for online dating or do you try and meet a lady in real life. ? Would you date a lady who is a BLM supporter, would you date a lady who says that they would never go out with a trump supporter?

Personally I would go out with any lady I find attractive and that could be a lady from any country in the world. She could be bigger or smaller. Oh yes I like BBW‘s I like all sizes. I’m very much into Asians and Arab ladies. But one class of women that might be a turn off for me is white elite liberal women who are ultra feminist and big-time BLM supporters. Whereas strong minded conservative white women that’s something that I like and they could be the CEO of a company they could be a doctor …. I also like working class women from all different racial backgrounds and religious backgrounds.

So there’s a lot to discuss here but I don’t think there’s really any threads about dating in our modern time and I really want to get. This certainly must constitute a current event as dating/marriage is something that brings society together it’s one of the most important things in our country. It’s how we produce children. It’s about dating and even marriage here in 2023. How do you find your success?

Ask fbj

Now here’s something to consider. Women have a way easier time getting sex. You could be a one or two as a lady and go to a bar and you could get a guy easily. But if you’re a guy and even if you’re a seven out of 10 it’s gonna take some work.

When it comes to going after women. Some guys go up to a girl they approach her and for whatever reason it doesn’t work out and they lose all confidence. This should never happen because simply put there’s billions of women in this world and it’s just like gambling it’s a percentage game the more you go after it eventually you will win.

Seems like the same kind of socially awkward insecure men who complained about dating 50 years ago are the same socially awkward insecure men who complains about dating now...
Seems like the same kind of socially awkward insecure men who got married 50 years ago are still married.

Why not get out there a date you might just find the best sex of your life man. Anything is possible these days

You’re a cool person you can do it if you want it
I frankly don't want it. Sex became boring 30 years ago. Every guy imagines he has a golden penis, the magic wand. This is going to be the best sex of your life. Then, of course, the deluded fool actually can't do anything more or better than any other sotted fool.

Play golf (as a single) or move to Utah.
I was in Utah when I drove across the country for a night. What a really cool place. I was kind of by Salt Lake City. Really beautiful place for sure I loved the canyons of Utah probably better than Colorado Rocky Mountains at least in my opinion.

Forum List

Back