Are The Public Schools In Crisis?

The answer is in 2 parts. The public school system in the suburbs is mediocre but not in crisis.
The public schools in the cities are indeed in crisis. Many students don't acquire basic necessary skills before they graduate high school. Reading and math scores are often poor for many graduates. They are not prepared to go to work.
If you go on the Internet, you can see the problem. Many posters cannot use proper grammar and have poor reading comprehension. Many lack basic knowledge of science, government and history.

My brother in law was a high school teacher. He says the problem is school children don't want to learn and they don't try to learn in school. Apparently, their parents do not encourage them to study and learn.

Leftist have screwed our education systems and liberal parents helped.
No punishment at school or home,absolutely zero repercussions for bad behavior.
I find it hard to understand why liberals cant see the cause and effect of their policies...
As they say,Time out is just practice for prison.
I suspect you are right. The lefties have invaded and distorted the teacher's unions and part of their destruction of education is teaching kids that anything they do is ok.
What do your bizarre fantasies have to do with the fact that inner city school don't want to learn and parents do not encourage them? I taught in an inner city school for 3 years. The failure rate was abysmal. Kids showed up to class with nothing day after day. No pencil, no paper, no books. Most did not speak English.

Not being a native English speaker does not mean one "doesn't want to learn."
Bullshit! In my experience that was a majority of the cases.

You didn't bother to get to know your students and their circumstances well enough.

Very respectfully, fuck you!

Don't complain about other people being ignorant about education and then spout off ignorantly yourself.
You have no right to disagree with my experiences. Fuck you!

I most certainly do.

That is calling e a liar, and I do not appreciate that. ...

Too bad. Choose your words with greater care if you are so sensitive to being called on your bullshit.

The answer is in 2 parts. The public school system in the suburbs is mediocre but not in crisis.
The public schools in the cities are indeed in crisis. Many students don't acquire basic necessary skills before they graduate high school. Reading and math scores are often poor for many graduates. They are not prepared to go to work.
If you go on the Internet, you can see the problem. Many posters cannot use proper grammar and have poor reading comprehension. Many lack basic knowledge of science, government and history.

My brother in law was a high school teacher. He says the problem is school children don't want to learn and they don't try to learn in school. Apparently, their parents do not encourage them to study and learn.

I find it hard to understand why liberals cant see the cause and effect of their policies...
I suspect you are right. The lefties have invaded and distorted the teacher's unions and part of their destruction of education is teaching kids that anything they do is ok.
What do your bizarre fantasies have to do with the fact that inner city school don't want to learn and parents do not encourage them? I taught in an inner city school for 3 years. The failure rate was abysmal. Kids showed up to class with nothing day after day. No pencil, no paper, no books. Most did not speak English.

Bullshit! In my experience that was a majority of the cases.

You didn't bother to get to know your students and their circumstances well enough.

Very respectfully, fuck you!

Don't complain about other people being ignorant about education and then spout off ignorantly yourself.
You have no right to disagree with my experiences. Fuck you!

I most certainly do.

That is calling e a liar, and I do not appreciate that. ...

Too bad. Choose your words with greater care if you are so sensitive to being called on your bullshit.

Once again, fuck you!

... I said the kids in inner city schools do not want to learn and their parents don't care.

And I informed you that you are wrong to make such generalizations.

Again, fuck you!

Do you have some reason for believing that simply saying that somehow negates the fact that you are wrong?

Goodbye you insolent twat! You are lucky that someone like me hasn't fired your sorry shit-eating ass!

... I said the kids in inner city schools do not want to learn and their parents don't care.

And I informed you that you are wrong to make such generalizations.

Again, fuck you!

Do you have some reason for believing that simply saying that somehow negates the fact that you are wrong?

Goodbye you insolent twat! You are lucky that someone like me hasn't fired your sorry shit-eating ass!

Someone like you? Someone talking out their ass about things they don't really understand?

That someone who used to be a teacher could find it so difficult to accept correction and to see things from the student's perspective is disappointing.

My Grandparents came here from Russia and were both speaking good English within 6 months. He is right and you are wrong.

My Grandparents came here from Russia and were both speaking good English within 6 months. ...

:lol:

Only if they already spoke "good English" before they got here.

So many people are so ignorant about how language acquisition and cultural assimilation in the American context actually take place, but are so eager to engage in generalizations about it nonetheless.

Its going to get worse.

Schools are looking at the zoom classes now as a way to cut costs. Next will be having a teacher in Sri Lanka teach the classes your kids are taking....teaching will be outsourced just like tech support.

Eventually, University of Phoenix and Capella and the like will just push their "university" courses downstream to the K-12 grades.

We'll call it the Trump U effect.

Schools are looking at the zoom classes now as a way to cut costs. ...

All this shit has been anything but "a way to cut costs."

No...

But administrators are looking at this and thinking they don't really have to construct new schools. The classroom is now the living room.

We'll see what happens but eventually, this will be the model... Learning at home. Next, outsourcing the entire thing to Capella. Its a financial foregone conclusion.

My Grandparents came here from Russia and were both speaking good English within 6 months. ...

:lol:

Only if they already spoke "good English" before they got here.
What a jackass.

Forum List

Back