Are the polls accurate?

Typical Trump supporter, brags and carries on and is proud about blatantly lying for no reason whatsoever.

tenor.gif

I tell them the truth since I never know how the results will be used. A lie would be counter-productive if my favored candidate's campaign manager made use of the poll to help determine how best to allocate resources. Heck it could have been the party of my candidate that commissioned the poll.

Last edited:
On the aggregate of the total of reputable polls, and within the margin of error. And on that basis, they weren't wrong in 16 …. although the degree of Hillary's cratering after the Comey Nov surprise was not measured by public polls because Comey's surprise came so late. She was already cratering, but Comey sealed the deal

• Banned
Typical Trump supporter, brags and carries on and is proud about blatantly lying for no reason whatsoever.

tenor.gif
When I get telemarketing calls I pretend that I'm super depressed and gloat on and on about how awful life is.

Haven't had an insurance call in years but I used to lead them on like they had a fish on the hook for as long as possible

Today I got a call about who I support.

I ENTHUASTICALLY said Biden of course. Trolling cold call assholes is fun.
Define accurate? Polls can be manipulated to get the result one wants by the way you phrase the questions and what percent of those polled identify as Republican, Democrat or Independent. This makes a poll accurate but only representative of those polled not the nation as so many try and make polls out to be. I know you already know this but I had some time to kill.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I don't answer the phone if I don't know who it is, so I let them guess. I'm in Florida, a clear swing State.

I never see any Bin signs and I see Trump all over. Then again I don't live in the Miami area

tenor.gif

And what's this reason that your guy keeps lying about his academic history again since you only support people who lie for a reason?

Next time, think

And what's this reason that your guy keeps lying about his academic history again since you only support people who lie for a reason?

Next time, think
Why are you PRETENDING to care about a politician's lies?

Trump lies to you non-stop, and yet you can't get your tongue off his boots.

You really suffer from TDS...

imns02pjuvi41.jpg

Next time, think
Why are you PRETENDING to care about a politician's lies?

Trump lies non-stop, and yet you can't get your tongue off his boots.

You really suffer from TDS...

imns02pjuvi41.jpg

I don't care about politicians lies, dweeb. You made that up. I only care about what they do.

I pointed out your double standard. Your hypocrisy is relevant.

C'mon man, think

I don't answer the phone if I don't know who it is, so I let them guess. I'm in Florida, a clear swing State.

I never see any Bin signs and I see Trump all over. Then again I don't live in the Miami area
I run a business so I answer every call.

I run a business so I answer every call.

When I ran my businesses my staff answered every call. They were great at screening them for me. It got to be sort of a game to them. Sales people wanting to talk to me were very clever. They'd say they met me at an event and I asked them to call me, that sort of thing. They were proud of stopping people I didn't want to talk to. The first time the event thing worked on them they were pissed off it had worked. So they started asking questions when sales people claimed that, like what event, what day. What did I look like.

My staff told people for a while I was out of the country and they hadn't seen me for months or that I don't speak English. It was pretty funny. I told them they didn't have to work that hard, if someone had a decent story they could let them through. They glared at me, no way, we aren't letting them through! I was like sorry, LOL

Define accurate? Polls can be manipulated to get the result one wants by the way you phrase the questions and what percent of those polled identify as Republican, Democrat or Independent. This makes a poll accurate but only representative of those polled not the nation as so many try and make polls out to be. I know you already know this but I had some time to kill.

Do Polls Still Work If People Don’t Answer Their Phones?
“The jury’s out” on whether historically low response rates could make surveys less accurate.
Pollsters face a growing obstacle in gathering Americans’ opinions: getting people to answer their calls. The proportion of people called who answer the survey — in pollster jargon, the “response rate” — has dropped dramatically over the last few decades as Americans have changed how they interact with the world.
Even worse for pollsters, landline telephones, which are quicker and cheaper to call, have been steadily disappearing over the last 20 years. Almost half of the American population is now solely reliant on mobile phones.
ll of these factors have resulted in less efficient polling than in the past.
A 2012 report from Pew Research, one of the nation’s most reputable pollsters, showed a 9 percent response rate, compared to nearly 40 percent in the late 1990s.
The vast majority of pollsters don’t even report their response rates.

We’re making this change to ensure our survey samples properly represent the now roughly half (47%) of U.S. adults whose only phone is a cellphone.
Nine-in-ten Americans have a cellphone, and the share of adults who are cellphone-only has steadily increased since 2004, the year the government began tracking the size of this group. To keep pace with the public’s changing habits and lifestyle, we have increased the percentage of respondents interviewed by cellphone nearly every year since 2009.

SO MY opinion is this:
My personal response is
a) 100% of my phone activity is on my cell phone.
b) I don't answer ANY call from a number or party I don't recognize.
And I'm not alone!
90% of Customers Screen Phone Calls From Unknown Numbers
ZipWhip conducted a test surveying 520 consumers on their communication preferences with brands,
and found that a staggering 87% of participant reported rejecting or ignoring phone calls recently from an unknown number.

“The jury’s out” on whether historically low response rates could make surveys less accurate.
Pollsters face a growing obstacle in gathering Americans’ opinions: getting people to answer their calls. The proportion of people called who answer the survey — in pollster jargon, the “response rate” — has dropped dramatically over the last few decades as Americans have changed how they interact with the world.
Even worse for pollsters, landline telephones, which are quicker and cheaper to call, have been steadily disappearing over the last 20 years. Almost half of the American population is now solely reliant on mobile phones.
A 2012 report from Pew Research, one of the nation’s most reputable pollsters, showed a 9 percent response rate, compared to nearly 40 percent in the late 1990s.

We’re making this change to ensure our survey samples properly represent the now roughly half (47%) of U.S. adults whose only phone is a cellphone.
Nine-in-ten Americans have a cellphone, and the share of adults who are cellphone-only has steadily increased since 2004, the year the government began tracking the size of this group. To keep pace with the public’s changing habits and lifestyle, we have increased the percentage of respondents interviewed by cellphone nearly every year since 2009.

SO MY opinion is this:
My personal response is
And I'm not alone!
ZipWhip conducted a test surveying 520 consumers on their communication preferences with brands,
and found that a staggering 87% of participant reported rejecting or ignoring phone calls recently from an unknown number.
I have both cell and landline phone and when I get an out of area or unknown number I don’t answer. While I can’t prove it I suspect the vast majority of those are robocalls.

SO MY opinion is this:
My personal response is
And I'm not alone!
I have both cell and landline phone and when I get an out of area or unknown number I don’t answer. While I can’t prove it I suspect the vast majority of those are robocalls.
I too have cell and landline and also do not answer any call that is NOT in my contact list. So I've never been polled. And if I were to answer, I'd say I was a Biden supporter to totally skew the poll as I will pull the lever for Trump!

Forum List

Back