Are the numerous dog breeds proof of evolution?

I think that is an absurd reach on your part and they do not take that into account. And anyone who uses that information to judge an individual is a classic racist.
There are a lot of classic white racist CEOs and hiring managers. Hell, half the fortune 500s don’t even have diversity programs

There are a lot of classic white racist CEOs and hiring managers. Hell, half the fortune 500s don’t even have diversity programs
Surely there are. But even if there weren't, we.would still have the disparity. That's what systemic racism is.

sealybobo

So, lets get some clarity, with all the accusations flying around.

If we took a representative sample of the entire demographic, then 'doomed' them to living in the bottom quartile of household income..

...then, tested their kids as adults, do you think we would find they exhibit the same deficit, as compared to the average white person?

A simple yes or no will do.

I think that is an absurd reach on your part and they do not take that into account. And anyone who uses that information to judge an individual is a classic racist.
A classic racist would assume all blacks score lower on these Tess and that’s exactly how the nfl applied it. To all blacks. when evaluating a black nfl retiree, they assumed that black had less cognitive than when they evaluated a white. That was racist and wrong. Still interesting that blacks actually do score lower.

And I understand this is white peoples doing. But moving forward this is on the parents to correct this.

That is if this is something that can be corrected in one generation. Is it? Is this simply how each child is raised?

sealybobo

If we took a representative sample of the entire demographic, then 'doomed' them to living in the bottom quartile of household income..

...then, tested their kids as adults, do you think we would find they exhibit the same deficit, as compared to the average white person?

No

A classic racist would assume all blacks score lower on these Tess and that’s exactly how the nfl applied it.
True, but don't be cutesy. Applying it in the way you try to help someone is not the same as applying in a way to exclude an individual.

But i do find the soft bigotry of low expectations to be distasteful.
Then you are, indeed, racist. You indeed believe that brown people are inherently of lower ability due to their genetic lineage. This is the definition of racism.

Unless maybe you need to reread my question and re-answer.

sealybobo

One of the reasons I tell people living in bad places in America, they need to get out. We lived in Detroit. So much more economic opportunities.

Oh, I have a story that will prove your point. When I moved out of Detroit in 4th grade my counselor told my mom aside from what she taught me, I learned nothing at that Detroit public school.

I see your point

True, but don't be cutesy. Applying it in the way you try to help someone is not the same as applying in a way to exclude an individual.

But i do find the soft bigotry of low expectations to be distasteful.

Then you are, indeed, racist. You indeed believe that brown people are inherently of lower ability due to their genetic lineage. This is the definition of racism.

Unless maybe you need to reread my question and re-answer.
I think you need to re read your question. You asked if they would suffer the same deficit if given an equal opportunity and I said no they would not.

That depends on the definition of evolution doesn't it? Evolution, to me is, a morphing of one thing to another, incrementally, usually over time- dogs have always been dogs- (although I have a book [fiction] about how Comanche's first introduction to horses they called them big dogs) - my youngest son rented his RV trailer to a lady this past week end at a horse show, which he delivered to her, and it recalled when he was kid he used to visit a friend, a lot, who had horses and he had (and still does) think they're just big dogs because of they interact with humans
Dogs have not always been dogs---they have been wolves who evolved by selective breeding.

I think you need to re read your question. You asked if they would suffer the same deficit if given an equal opportunity and I said no they would not.
No, you misread. I didn't say they had the same opportunity, just as black people do not have the same opportunities now.

I am taking a random sample of the demo as babies, dooming them to the lowest income quartile forever, and then testing their kids' abilities.

If you are not racist, you will admit that at least nearly the same or a similar deficit would arise in this generation.

I am parsing out the one idea that would show your beliefs stem from racism. Personally, i think your answer to the question (that i meant to ask) would be yes, and you are not a racist.

That depends on the definition of evolution doesn't it? Evolution, to me is, a morphing of one thing to another, incrementally, usually over time- dogs have always been dogs- (although I have a book [fiction] about how Comanche's first introduction to horses they called them big dogs) - my youngest son rented his RV trailer to a lady this past week end at a horse show, which he delivered to her, and it recalled when he was kid he used to visit a friend, a lot, who had horses and he had (and still does) think they're just big dogs because of they interact with humans
Isn’t that what wolves did by turning into poodles?

Why does anyone need a diversity program---if you want to be fair to everyone, BEST qualified is the only criteria, not skin color, or sex, or choice of sex. When you have a special program to pick someone based on race----you are being racist and prejudice in the true sense and are basically saying that these special races are not as good as everyone else hence hiring for diversity races instead of qualifications.

Dogs have not always been dogs---they have been wolves who evolved by selective breeding.
That means we sped up and altered the process. If we could turn wolves into all the breeds we have now in such a short amount of time imagine what nature can do in 10 million years.

Why does anyone need a diversity program---if you want to be fair to everyone, BEST qualified is the only criteria, not skin color, or sex, or choice of sex. When you have a special program to pick someone based on race----you are being racist and prejudice in the true sense and are basically saying that these special races are not as good as everyone else hence hiring for diversity races instead of qualifications.
There’s some truth to this. This girl at the dog park admitted any time she sees a woman with power it’s who did she sleep with or she benefitted from affirmative action. So no one believes they made it because they were the best.

So we kno blacks and Latinos score lower than whites on these cognitive tests. It’s sort of saying a lot that whites are better at all those things. Who would you want working for you someone who did worst or better on one of those tests.

So do you think it would be fair to test all applicants and whoever does better on the test gets the job?

And does anyone else think this would be wrong?

No, you misread. I didn't say they had the same opportunity, just as black people do not have the same opportunities now.

I am taking a random sample of the demo as babies, dooming them to the lowest income quartile forever, and then testing their kids' abilities.

If you are not racist, you will admit that at least nearly the same or a similar deficit would arise in this generation.

I am parsing out the one idea that would show your beliefs stem from racism. Personally, i think your answer to the question (that i meant to ask) would be yes, and you are not a racist.
Agreed

Why does anyone need a diversity program---if you want to be fair to everyone, BEST qualified is the only criteria, not skin color, or sex, or choice of sex.
A totally fair question. It has an answer, you know.

Because the facts show that the systemic racism persists anyway, at this place and time in history. The echoes of shameful parts of our society's past.

You know, answering that question, coupled with another question:

"If we have all these laws against racism, why are minorities still falling behind?"

[A favorite canard of white racists for decades (who already had their answer, but could not say it aloud). But still a fair question, when asked honestly. A scientific question, even. ]

... Is what CRT is. It is our best effort to answer these questions empirically.

People whine about it being racist, which is both stupid and ironic. The main thrust of CRT is to assume as ZERO the amount of active, intentional racism in our society. They basically hold it constant and look for other reasons for why minorities are still being left behind. It effectively assumes there are NO racists today, in its first premises, by paying it no mind whatsoever.

Crazy, huh?

But those jackasses know less than nothing about CRT.

Also, regarding diversity:

Businesses are starting to pick up on the scientific analysis of diversity and its benefits. The analysis shows diversity leads to better and more efficient analysis and creation of better designed projects. They first tested this in lab work groups (people conducting science in labs). But it is holding in other controlled groups as well.

Forum List

Back