Are Slavery/Holocaust comparisons fair?

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
Many people compare minor to moderate unfairness to Holocaust and Slavery. Is it fair?

In my opinion, in some cases, it is unfair. Work under a mean boss is not Slavery. What is a Grammar Nazi?

In some cases it is fair. Incarceration is a form of Slavery for people who have been convicted of offenses. This is a part of XIIIth Amendment. Being incarcerated means enormous suffering.

Only in some cases it's unfair?

Incarceration isn't a form of slavery. It's a form of punishment.

You still have rights when you are in prison but your freedom is restricted for a period of time.

I'm in no way saying prison is easy. It isn't. But some folk watch too many movies when it comes to prisons. You need to be really unlucky or looking for trouble in prison. Anyone I know that's been locked up have told me a few golden rules ;

- Do not take anything without asking. Always ask to borrow.
- Do not grass on other prisoners. Mind your own business.
- The guards (most of them) are actually OK. Treat them with respect and don't put them in certain positions and they'll be more than OK with you - even turning an occasional blind eye.

We're not talking about 1950's Turkish prisons or some overcrowded building housing murderers in Brazil here - even if we were, they've committed a serious crime in the first instance.

I find the way people throw about terms like Holocaust, Slavery, Fascist, Nazi, Dictator pretty offensive tbh. It's stupid people that do it - and it sticks.

Nope. History is a little more complicated. Black and Muslim slavers then and they still exist now. Slavery still exists in Muslim countries. And as Vonnegut used to say...and so it goes. Slavery in the US wasn't genocide. What it WAS, it STILL IS now.

But you're (purposely) missing out the context.
The fact that innocent African American people were enslaved for their race was a great injustice.

A person sentenced to long term incarceration is almost a Slave of the State, but he/she is most likely guilty. This is the definition from the XIIIth Amendment of US Constitution.

Last edited:
No comparison....one was the dehumanization of a specific group of people for the purpose of slave labor....in the USA it lasted for 244 years (officially).

The other was the systematic attempt to genocide a specific group of people and eradicate their historical contributions to a society, officially lasted 5 to 6 years in Germany.

Many people compare minor to moderate unfairness to Holocaust and Slavery. Is it fair?

In my opinion, in some cases, it is unfair. Work under a mean boss is not Slavery. What is a Grammar Nazi?

In some cases it is fair. Incarceration is a form of Slavery for people who have been convicted of offenses. This is a part of XIIIth Amendment. Being incarcerated means enormous suffering.

Ask Jews. They were on both sides.

They got it in the holocaust

They owned all the boats and 95% of slaves in "their country" the confederacy.... And then paid $350 each to stay at home and watch the unimaginably dumb southern Christians get it in the civil war....

Only in some cases it's unfair?

Incarceration isn't a form of slavery. It's a form of punishment.

You still have rights when you are in prison but your freedom is restricted for a period of time.

I'm in no way saying prison is easy. It isn't. But some folk watch too many movies when it comes to prisons. You need to be really unlucky or looking for trouble in prison. Anyone I know that's been locked up have told me a few golden rules ;

- Do not take anything without asking. Always ask to borrow.
- Do not grass on other prisoners. Mind your own business.
- The guards (most of them) are actually OK. Treat them with respect and don't put them in certain positions and they'll be more than OK with you - even turning an occasional blind eye.

We're not talking about 1950's Turkish prisons or some overcrowded building housing murderers in Brazil here - even if we were, they've committed a serious crime in the first instance.

I find the way people throw about terms like Holocaust, Slavery, Fascist, Nazi, Dictator pretty offensive tbh. It's stupid people that do it - and it sticks.

Things have evolved a little legally but prisoners really were comparable to slaves in my state up until fairly recently as they were deemed to be "disabled" by virtue of being incarcerated. If their spouse wanted a divorce, for instance, they would need a guardian appointed for them to sign the papers because they legally weren't "competent". Same if they wanted to sign off a deed on their property.

Nope. History is a little more complicated. Black and Muslim slavers then and they still exist now. Slavery still exists in Muslim countries. And as Vonnegut used to say...and so it goes. Slavery in the US wasn't genocide. What it WAS, it STILL IS now.

Slavery exist all over the World from African nations to Mexico to the U.S. to China and North Korea and if anyone believe it ended after the War of Insurrection is either a liar or a blooming idiot…

Also comparing Slavery to what happened in W.W. II is just wrong and pathetic and both were two different types of atrocities that should never be compared to each other.

The fact that innocent African American people were enslaved for their race was a great injustice.

A person sentenced to long term incarceration is almost a Slave of the State, but he/she is most likely guilty. This is the definition from the XIIIth Amendment of US Constitution.
They were enslaved because non Americans enslaved them and sold them. Whites were also slaves you stupid asshole.

So here we have whites using the Arab Trader excuse. People see the word slavery and automatically associate it with Trans Atlantic chattel slavery. People might want to study the differences because in Africa a slave could earn their freedom and in a least one case, Jaga of Opobo, a person who was a slave, became King. No slave in the chattel system was able to earn freedom, much less escape. Furthermore there were various slave laws made in America that did not exist with Arab traders. So trans Atlantic chattel slavery and the holacaust can be compared. But the combined deaths and atrocities during, the Ma'afa, American aparthied and continuing white racism in America is far worse than the holocaust.

The racists here will only make excuses and gaslight Relative Ethics. They aren't here to discuss facts. The only exist to post thread after thread of racist bullshit they want to express loud and in public without facing consequences.

So here we have whites using the Arab Trader excuse. People see the word slavery and automatically associate it with Trans Atlantic chattel slavery. People might want to study the differences because in Africa a slave could earn their freedom and in a least one case, Jaga of Opobo, a person who was a slave, became King. No slave in the chattel system was able to earn freedom, much less escape. Furthermore there were various slave laws made in America that did not exist with Arab traders. So trans Atlantic chattel slavery and the holacaust can be compared. But the combined deaths and atrocities during, the Ma'afa, American aparthied and continuing white racism in America is far worse than the holocaust.
You lying scumbag your stupid ass, what a waste of tax payer funded K-12, lots of blacks in what would become the USA became free. You are the biggest fucking cry baby on Earth.

The racists here will only make excuses and gaslight Relative Ethics. They aren't here to discuss facts. The only exist to post thread after thread of racist bullshit they want to express loud and in public without facing consequences.
You racist idiotic scum buckets should get on your knees and thank God you were born in the USA.

You racist idiotic scum buckets should get on your knees and thank God you were born in the USA.
You do that white boy. Because it was your ancestors who ran away from shitholes where they we debtors, serfs, and in general, white trash, to come to America.

Forum List

Back