After Media Run With Story Of Rockies Fan Yelling Racial Slur, Evidence Shows He Was Yelling At Mascot

another hate crime hoax

There is always a parasite looking to profit of a story, contrived or otherwise. It's a sad commentary of the world we live in and the lack of character in man.

Also, for once flip flop Ann is correct. The hyperbole in the existence of racism is well overblown. Sure there are racists, I'd be willing to bet on a per capita basis, even in the face of far more opportunities; Americans are far less racist than other nations.

Hell in places like China racially insensitive terms for other people are so common that they use them in the streets. In South Korea they were introducing nations with insulting graphics for that country:

South Korean broadcaster apologizes after using stereotypical and offensive images to represent countries during Olympics opening ceremony​

"When Syrian athletes entered, it said 'rich underground resources; a civil war that has been going on for 10 years,'" he added.

For Ukraine, there was a in image of Chernobyl, a 1986 nuclear disaster that has left the area radioactive.

For the Marshall Islands, the screen said the territory "was once a nuclear test site for the US, and is composed of more than 1,200 islands," Rashid wrote in his Twitter thread. "El Salvador was introduced with a picture representing Bitcoin," he added.

The company also used Dracula to represent Romania, according to Reuters and photos shared by other Twitter users.

Rashid tweeted that MBC included the GDP – gross domestic product – and vaccination rate for each country, "leaving netizens baffled."

Last edited:
For the record, there is a player who disagrees and says he heard the N word over and over, the Rockies have cleared the fan of any wrongdoing:

The Colorado Rockies said a fan was yelling the name of team mascot Dinger and not a racial slur. The Black player who was batting at the time isn't so sure.

Miami Marlins outfielder Lewis Brinson said he didn't hear the fan shouting during Sunday's game at Coors Field. But a day later, he'd reviewed the tape and had a different opinion.

"So I watched the video at least 50 times in the past 15-16 hours," Brinson said on a Zoom call before Monday night's game at San Diego. "I watched it a lot, especially when I heard that he said Dinger instead of the N-word."

"I personally — this is again my opinion — I personally keep hearing the N-word. It's not that I want to hear it, I never want to hear it. Personally, I've never been called that in person to my face on the baseball field, outside the baseball field, ever, so I don't know what my reaction would be if I got called that," he said.

"But to now, saying that again, I haven't talked to the Rockies or that fan personally. If that's the case, then I'm sorry for any backlash or anything he's getting right now," he said.

Brinson hit a home run and a single and scored twice Monday night in an 8-3 loss to the Padres.

The Rockies said Monday that the fan, who was not identified, was hollering at the club's purple, polka-dotted dinosaur mascot.

"After a thorough investigation that included calls, emails and video clips from concerned fans, media and broadcast partners, the Colorado Rockies have concluded that the fan was indeed yelling for Rockies mascot Dinger in hopes of getting his attention for a photo, and there was never any racial slur that occurred," the team said in a statement.

"The Rockies remain dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all fans, players and guests at Coors Field," the team added, "and any fan using derogatory language of any kind will be ejected from Coors Field."

Did people really thing some guy was screaming the n word at an mlb ball park? Seriously?

A post on the matter yesterday included game video, just as does the link the OP provided. I believe there was good cause for the misunderstanding.

It's possible to come to a misunderstanding, but my goodness do a little investigation before you use it to declare America as a festering pile of racism.. as it was basically reported as. All of these singular instances usually are. These media folk are so alarmist and immature.

It's possible to come to a misunderstanding, but my goodness do a little investigation before you use it to declare America as a festering pile of racism.. as it was basically reported as. All of these singular instances usually are. These media folk are so alarmist and immature.

I didn't hear or see a word about the incident until I saw it discussed yesterday when I saw a post which I believe was in the "Sports" forum.

Take that link the OP provided and the BS it was shoveling:

1628649155327.png

Berserk? Take a look at the media it references:
  • Miami Marlins play-by-play announcer
  • the Colorado Rockies organization
  • Twitter personality Keith Olbermann
The article is a bigger indication that the Federalist is more of an embarrasment to the media than those they call out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back