Are Republicans secretly rooting for the Jan 6 Committee?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
While they don’t like the dirty laundry being aired, are Republicans rooting for Trump to be politically damaged enough so they can run a less controversial candidate in 2024?

Last thing Republicans need is a candidate still screaming about stolen elections in 2020. They also don’t need the anti-Trump vote surging to the polls.

While they don’t like the dirty laundry being aired, are Republicans rooting for Trump to be politically damaged enough so they can run a less controversial candidate in 2024?

Last thing Republicans need is a candidate still screaming about stolen elections in 2020. They also don’t need the anti-Trump vote surging to the polls.
I suspect sane republicans are praying for someone to please stop them. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many sane republicans left.

I hope dumb Don runs, but only because he might blow up the whole corrupt system. Not on purpose, mind you.

I suspect sane republicans are praying for someone to please stop them. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many sane republicans left.

Republicans are stuck with the curse of MAGA
MAGA can control the candidates they run

Traditional Republicans would rather see less damaged candidates like DeSantis or Pence run. But would Trump ever throw his support behind another Republican?

That is why Republicans are rooting for enough verifiable dirt to be thrown on Trump that they can sneak in another candidate

The Republicans didn't do themselves any favors, just as the Dems didn't post-Hillary.

Instead of embracing the policies that made Trump popular, they reverted back to the old Establishment and even tried to distance themselves from their 73M voters. Why?

As such, few GOP are feasible to a drastically different voter base that demands common sense and actual ACTION. Trump took many of Obama voters and he took action on the most pressing challenges, be it your border, China, unfair trade with nations, NATO stragglers, energy, global threats. Voters see Trump as the agent of change and action, everyone else as "another politician".

The current brand of GOP are happy to be the opposition, too afraid to lead and lacking conviction. If they did, so many of the career politicians would have spoken up and taken action BEFORE Trump.

Did you slip up here and wrote "republicans" when you meant to say "kangaroos"?

In any case, kangaroos are all REALLY enjoying their moment in the sun.

I guess it's possible, but that would mean that they're willing to have the body die to kill the cancer.

Looks to me like it's too late. The loons are winning elections from coast to coast. This thing is going to be around for a while.

But with devastating consequences for real people.

The whole thing is an exercise in power. They have it, and you don't. If you don't do what the masters in Washington want, they will crush you. If you dare to fight back, they will crush you.

All we have to do is watch and wait. The more the empire uses government force and kangaroo courts to enforce political and cultural conformity, the more it will weaken!

How beautiful the fire that burns the empire!
The vultures gather for the coming feast!
Can you see the flames, born from the mire!
Look now as they gather, from the east!
This was nothing but a simple riot.

There is no deeper meaning to it.

The Capitol police dropped the ball

This was nothing but a simple riot.

There is no deeper meaning to it.

The Capitol police dropped the ball
That's exactly what trump is saying, but the commission has already shown how much he lies.

I guess it's possible, but that would mean that they're willing to have the body die to kill the cancer.

Looks to me like it's too late. The loons are winning elections from coast to coast. This thing is going to be around for a while.

Define "loon".

There are almost certainly going to be some unsavoury politicians who win, who may be associated with Trump. That is just as much your overall political and media climate as Trump himself. People vote for "different" when the "same old" has failed them.

Also, I find it unsavoury to vote for someone whose only position is "we need to bomb someplace, ANY place".

I strongly support military action when needed. I supported Bush after 9/11 as clearly someone needed to be brought to justice. I don't think such support should ever be unwavering and permanent, it always comes with conditions.

Thus, some might state that the "loons" aren't always Trump supporters. I'm old enough to remember the broad outrage, especially in Europe and Canada regarding Bushs war decisions. Is that supposed to be the more ideal politician?

Trumps policies themselves aren't extreme, he is essentially the middle, domestically libertarian.

Trump is irrelevant.

Why do you insist he is more than he is?
Because he is still head of the GOP and continually hints that he is going to run for the 3rd time. When your politicians stop kissing his ring, he will go away.

Because he is still head of the GOP and continually hints that he is going to run for the 3rd time. When your politicians stop kissing his ring, he will go away.
My politicians?

I don't belong to any political party.

You people are giving Trump way too much credit.

The guy is a fucking moron and you all think he's some evil genius.

Trump is irrelevant.

Why do you insist he is more than he is?
Democrats desperately need TRUMP! They can't talk about what a great job their administration is doing with total control of government, so they HAVE to have a bogeyman they can point at and pretend the election never happened. Seriously, they act like he's still president.

You really have to wonder about the sanity of both the Republicans and the democrats but when it comes to insanity the left has them beat by a mile or two. If the democrats can not get their theater to stand up to scrutiny from the public they have no problem of doctoring their evidence to make it look better.
The democrats are more then aware that they are headed to lose power and the current administration is doing everything they can to make sure that loss is is even worse.
So of course the democrats are putting on a show in the hope of salvaging some seats. The problem is the average American is no more worried about what happened on the 6th as they were about the whole summer riots, in fact maybe less. Most have bigger worries about prices and everyday living.

One minute they're saying their deity is irrelevant, the next they're posting threads about how important and influential he is.
You do realize, don't you, that the worst thing you can do to TRUMP! is to ignore him, right? His power and influence is only as great as the amount of attention he generates. Republicans aren't talking about him, they're talking about Quid Pro Joe and the terrible job he's doing. It is democrats who constantly talk about TRUMP!.

Forum List

Back