Are Israelis controlling archaeological digs to manipulate history and claim Palestinian land?

I asked you a question. Can the POLICE DEPARTMENT in Silwan provide security for VISITORS and workers at this site??? Need an answer..
End the occupation and sure.

Now respond to post 19. Need an answer.

I asked you a question. Can the POLICE DEPARTMENT in Silwan provide security for VISITORS and workers at this site??? Need an answer..
End the occupation and sure.

Now respond to post 19. Need an answer.

End the occupation doesn't CREATE a viable state of Palestine. I've told you why. You ignore all facts and reason.

I also JUST answered your crap in post 19.. NONE OF THAT supports your assertions in your own OP.. Don't think you understood what was being said in that video.. NO ONE is robbing Palestinians of their archaeology here.

Now -- ANSWER MY question in the quote above about the Silwan Police Force that just MAGICALLY appears "when the occupation is ended".. .

And it was hardly "crap." This IS THE TOPIC:

The appropriation of archeological sites and their artifacts is, by definition, illegal, but Israel has a great deal of experience in flouting international law and getting away with it. This crime does not need to be covered up.

Witness the famous Dead Sea Scrolls: discovered by Palestinians before the founding of Israel, in the Qumran Caves which are located in the West Bank of Palestine. Because Qumran is in Area C of the West Bank, Israel controls the archeological site, the tourism, and the conversation. The scrolls are now in the Israel Museum in Jerusalem. Their official website does not contain any mention of Palestine.

My first posting has disappeared from this thread.

Why?

Am I not allowed to tell the truth about the origin of Palestinian identity?
Maybe because it had nothing to with this thread:
Are Israelis controlling archaeological digs to manipulate history and claim Palestinian land?

Why?

Of course it has to do with this thread. Palestinian identity did not exist until several decades ago, and the fact that Jewish history is so well documented drives them nuts.

Or make that MORE nuts.

Congratulations on being given authority over the discussion, though.

It figures.

The appropriation of archeological sites and their artifacts is, by definition, illegal, but Israel has a great deal of experience in flouting international law and getting away with it. This crime does not need to be covered up.

Witness the famous Dead Sea Scrolls: discovered by Palestinians before the founding of Israel, in the Qumran Caves which are located in the West Bank of Palestine. Because Qumran is in Area C of the West Bank, Israel controls the archeological site, the tourism, and the conversation. The scrolls are now in the Israel Museum in Jerusalem. Their official website does not contain any mention of Palestine.

That would be because the Qumran scrolls have NOTHING to do with Palestine or its history. That is Jewish history.

What other entity is available to "control the archeological site, the tourism"? There is none. Because there is no organized Palestinian Authority any more. It died a horrible death. And the conversation is -- like others pointed out a Jewish history -- not a Palestinian one. NOTHING is being stolen from Palestinians. If they would reconstitute their leadership and govt -- they would be an ALTERNATIVE authority for security and stability within their own areas..

Wait, what?! So uncovering thousands of years of Jewish history in one of the most important archaeological areas in the homeland of the Jewish people is "making it Jewish"?

Its already Jewish.

So, what you are really complaining about here is not the destruction of Arab history -- its the revelation of Jewish history.
I forgot, you can't watch a video and understand it any better than read something for comprehension that destroys your narrative.

Carry on.

I rarely watch videos. I find it difficult because of my hearing impairment. I actually watched this all the way through. The argument the man is making is that archaeology should be politically correct. I disagree with him. Its relatively common in the world for people who have modern homes built over important archaeological sites to be bought out. Sure, its more sensitive in a place where two peoples are in conflict.
people who have modern homes built over important archaeological sites to be bought out.
Bought out or kicked out?

RE: Are Israelis controlling archaeological digs to manipulate history and claim Palestinian land?
※→ rylah, abi, et al,

There is, from my singe and limited perspective, a conflict here between "science" and a strong contemporaneity "political agenda."

We really don't need to manipulate any Jewish history...we leave it UNESCO and co.

Why derail when you could respond to the OP? I know you hate the UN and the international community. The zionists see a different world than the rest of us. That's the problem.

Respond to the Jewish archeologists in the OP or troll another thread. :idea:

I'm not hateful, it's called having a different view and standing by it. Palestinian land is where Palestinians negotiate it.

Archeology is one of the least things that give us a right to claim this land.
Phillistine remnants were found, it was not a Semitic culture. However Israelis still recognize Arab rights in that same land.

This whole narrative is a stupid spin for a headline.

(COMMENT)

The excavation of these localized sites and the analysis of recovered artifacts and physical remains ⇒ of the onetime inhabitants ⇒ is NOT about proving some historical foundation and making it applicable to modern political differences on the commercialization of the historical sites in question (Kedem Center and the National Planning and Building Appeals Committee). Yet, what I see is the more pure academics, and their associates, pitted against the profit seeking investors that keep the archeological digs in operations.

Yes, as our friend "rylah" points out, each sponsored perspective sees "a different world than the rest of us. That's the problem." When I hear that the "Antiquities Authority" has authenticated the find of the Greek Citadel and stronghold connected to the reigns of Antiochus IV - to - Antiochus VII, I immediately start to think in terms of the impact it must have had in the shaping of all manner of inhabitants at the crossroads of cultures.

No one should attempt to contaminate the search for evidence of the archeologists with the politics of today. Like the substrate of technology, which requires a bit of doping with contaminates, to make it work, commercialization will always be lurking in the background

Most Respectfully,
R

Why?

Of course it has to do with this thread. Palestinian identity did not exist until several decades ago, and the fact that Jewish history is so well documented drives them nuts.

Or make that MORE nuts.

It figures.

Example of the Jew attempt to deny Palestinian history. Jewish history is not documented at all, it is religious myth. It is no more fact than the stories of Thor, Neptune etc.

On the otherhand we have historical treatise on Palestinians from 200-300 AD. As in the:
"Martiri palestinesi nell’Occidente latino. I casi della Passio Theodosiae virginis (BHL 8090) e della Passio Romani monachi(BHL 7298)"

(Palestinian martyrs in the Latin West.)

Martiri palestinesi nell’Occidente latino. I casi della Passio Theo...

Why?

Or make that MORE nuts.

It figures.

Example of the Jew attempt to deny Palestinian history. Jewish history is not documented at all, it is religious myth. It is no more fact than the stories of Thor, Neptune etc.

On the otherhand we have historical treatise on Palestinians from 200-300 AD. As in the:
"Martiri palestinesi nell’Occidente latino. I casi della Passio Theodosiae virginis (BHL 8090) e della Passio Romani monachi(BHL 7298)"

That assertion is ridiculous. Jewish history in Judea (especially in the Second Temple period) is very well-documented, including in your own New Testament. Being Roman Catholic, you must at least believe in that part of your Bible. There can be no doubt at all about the Hasmonean and Herodian Kingdoms in Judea. Josephus, who worked for Rome, wrote about it.
As for the First Temple period--archaeology is proving that period all the time, from the Mesha/ Moabite Stone to many ancient seals, coins and figurines found that corroborate the Hebrew Bible's narrative. Many of these seals mention "the House of David." The main question historians have is whether David's Kingdom was as large as the Bible maintains it was, but not about its very existence.
If you are not a believer, there can be a debate about the existence of the Garden of Eden, Noah's Ark or the Tower of Babel, but there can be no debate about the existence of a Kingdom of Judea.

Example of the Jew attempt to deny Palestinian history.
There is no Palestinian history, there is the history of Palestine: "The history of Palestine is the study of the past in the region of Palestine"

The word "Palestinians" is not there. It is not "on Palestinians", but about early Christians, persecuted in Roman Palestine.

There is no Palestinian history, there is the history of Palestine: "The history of Palestine is the study of the past in the region of Palestine"

The word "Palestinians" is not there. It is not "on Palestinians", but about early Christians, persecuted in Roman Palestine.
There is no Palestinian history, but we have historical treatise on Palestinians from 200-300 AD?

Maybe the Israelis are controlling the digs to make sure that the rag heads don't destroy any of the artifacts as they've been known to do time and time again.

There is no Palestinian history, but we have historical treatise on Palestinians from 200-300 AD?
Find the word "Palestinians" before 1967.

Why?

Or make that MORE nuts.

It figures.

I am not Jewish.

There was no such thing as a Palestinian identity before modern times. There were merely Arabs.

I realize that speaking such simple truth may run me afoul of the site censors who moderate according to the content of a post, but that is the truth of the matter.

Find the word "Palestinians" before 1967.

There is a very famous document written by King Abdul in the 40's entitled "As The Arabs See The Jews". It was the usual laundry list of Arab grievances, half truths, lies and selective omission of the truth, but the interesting thing to note is that not ONCE did it mention "Palestinians". Not a single fucking time.

Why?

Or make that MORE nuts.

It figures.

What a fraud. The above translates to "of Palestine". You're hoping to perpetrate another fraud.

The term "Pal'istanians" didn't exist to describe a national identity until 1967 when it was invented by Yassir Arafat.

Hmm. I have been to Israel as many here know. I visited ancient ruins of synagogues in Sephoris, which dates back to the time of Jesus; in fact it is wondered if Jesus and his father worked there because of it's proximity to Nazareth.

Then there's the White synagogue in Cafarnaum (Capernaum) that was built around the 4th or 5th century on top of another built around the 1st century.

There's Beit She'an which is mentioned in the Bible and there are extensive ruins there today; it is actually one of the most awesome ancient places I saw in Israel.

The Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem. The very walls of the old city of Jerusalem.

Ancient synagogues in Tiberius. Kiztorim. Caesarea. Caesarea Phillipi, which is mentioned in the New Testament. The list is extensive. And all these old synagogues faced where? Jerusalem.

Nowhere is there any Palestinian ruins.

Forum List

Back