Are immigration Laws fair?

Immigration laws are unfair, but unfair in the wrong direction. We should allow in only the very best and brightest, instead we single out the most ill prepared and ill educated.

Immigration laws are unfair, but unfair in the wrong direction. We should allow in only the very best and brightest, instead we single out the most ill prepared and ill educated.

agreed. A lot of the world's best and brightest do want to get in but it is extremely difficult. You wouldn't believe the amount of red tape you have to go through. I know first hand.

Last edited:
Are they immigration laws fair to whom?

:confused:
Your question is, "Are immigration laws fair?"

Fair to whom?

In my book, they should only be fair to the USA and US citizens.

So, I am asking you, fair to whom? Potential immigrants? US citizens? The USA?

Thats a good question. I hadn't initially thought of it that way. I guess I meant citizens at first, but now that you mention it, I think some thought should also be put into the plight of the potential immigrants. We are all immigrants so to speak after all.

How do we single out the most ill prepared and ill educated?

That is the easy part. Someone who has no education and no skills can't immigrate here not under any circumstances. It worked that way for many years and helped to make us a great country.

We should allow as much immigration as possible because
1) It helps people
2) It increases human welfare
3) It expands our economy
4) taxes raised from immigrants exceed spending on immigrants meaning we all become richer

Absolutely no mass illegal immigration of poverty. WE no longer need any immigration. Is we need workers we should make it easier for our own to go to school and get jobs and not have to compete with immigrants. None of the 4 are facts. We are no longer into nation building but nation survival. we are immigrating professionals and that is a tragedy that we are not helping our own. Immigrants compete for education, jobs and social services,etc. No more immigration and not more vacation visas.

That is the easy part. Someone who has no education and no skills can't immigrate here not under any circumstances. It worked that way for many years and helped to make us a great country.

There are 30 million of them here. How did they get here? It don't work that anymore because there are skilled americans out of work and cannot find jobs and have to compete with skilled immigrants. We have 12 million unemployed americans.

Last edited:

You misunderstand me... or maybe I misunderstand you.
Are you saying that we already single out the unskilled and uneducated now? You said we should allow the best in but "instead".....

I take this to mean you think that we currently are making it easy for the unskilled ?

Just not sure I follow you there.

In your ideal world what kind of immigration laws do you think we should have and why?

They would need a sponsor who would be responsible for them... totally.... for 18 years.

They wold have to pass criminal and medical. No criminals...and on medical issues.

They would have to pass basic literacy.....in English.

If they break any law before passing their citizenship...they will be booted out and never allowed to return or reapply for immigration.

Producing children before becoming a citizen... they are booted and the child belongs to the mother...and not an automatic citizen.

40 year age cut off.

Your list isn't very practical.

Practical to whom? I am very sure that the person wanting to come into this country would find it very impractical......and ya know what. Tough.

They would need a sponsor who would be responsible for them... totally.... for 18 years.

They wold have to pass criminal and medical. No criminals...and on medical issues.

They would have to pass basic literacy.....in English.

If they break any law before passing their citizenship...they will be booted out and never allowed to return or reapply for immigration.

Producing children before becoming a citizen... they are booted and the child belongs to the mother...and not an automatic citizen.

40 year age cut off.

Practical to whom?

Anyone involved in the process - on any side - beyond just musing about it on the internet.

1) It helps people
4) taxes raised from immigrants exceed spending on immigrants meaning we all become richer

Absolutely no mass illegal immigration of poverty. WE no longer need any immigration. Is we need workers we should make it easier for our own to go to school and get jobs and not have to compete with immigrants. None of the 4 are facts. We are no longer into nation building but nation survival. we are immigrating professionals and that is a tragedy that we are not helping our own. Immigrants compete for education, jobs and social services,etc. No more immigration and not more vacation visas.

You're no American. You are confusing immigration with illegal immigration - AGAIN.

Practical to whom?

Anyone involved in the process - on any side - beyond just musing about it on the internet.

Those suggestions are beyond impractical, they're unrealistic. Let's suppose that every country declared that only children born on it's soil, to it's citizens, were then citizens themselves by birth. This would mean that a significant number of children would have citizenship NOWHERE.

I guess we could build some rockets especially to fly babies to the moon when they aren't legal to be anywhere on Earth. Or do these kind of assholes object to babies on the moon as well? :cuckoo:

Most laws are "fair"....unless you favor unruly mobs that can do anything they bloody please, otherwise, immigration laws are like any other laws. Maybe I am biased. I favor order over random chaos. I think people need to understand and follow rules, and at least pretend to understand the status quo. Yes, I approve of immigration laws whole heartedly.

1) It helps people

You're no American. You are confusing immigration with illegal immigration - AGAIN.

Legal immigration is hurting the country as much as illegal immigration. Yes legal immigration is fair but is is not good for the cournty at the present and maybe not for years to come. I am not confused because I did address legal immigration in the post as well as illegal immigration. Our immigration laws do include immgration enforcement?

Last edited:
Must have proof of $1000 a month to attain residency.
Must be a resident 10 years before applying for citizenship.
Not being born here can never vote.
Can never "work" unless you own your own biz and have established requirements for residency.
If you can't prove $1000 a month, you must put $120,000 in Banco central to secure your residency. You'll earn interest and can take out XXX for monthly living expenses.
Terrible eh ?

Forum List

Back