Zone1 Are Atheists Happier Than Christians?

You don’t need to manufacture a reason to pat yourself on the back because that will just blow up in your face.

Let me know when you are finished telling me what I do believe and don’t believe.

What do you believe about salvation ding? Do you believe only Christians are saved from the lake of fire? What's your position on this issue?

Most Christians aren't universalists. Yes, there are some verses that could be interpreted that way but not all of the NT easily fits the universalist soteriological model. Protestant Christians who hold to a universalist view of salvation are in a small minority compared to the more "Orthodox" traditional view of salvation.
I am not a universalist, either. Are you aware of the key differences between redemption and salvation? In redeeming the world, Christ reconciled God and mankind. We are all children of God. As children of God, certain behaviors are expected. In other words, while everyone is a redeemed child, a child who turns to evil does not also have salvation.

unbaptized infants were forced into a state of limbo
"Limbo" in the original meaning was a statement that the Church was in "limbo" on the status of the unbaptized, as their status was not covered by either apostolic tradition or the Bible. Limbo was not a "place".

I am not a universalist, either. Are you aware of the key differences between redemption and salvation? In redeeming the world, Christ reconciled God and mankind. We are all children of God. As children of God, certain behaviors are expected. In other words, while everyone is a redeemed child, a child who turns to evil does not also have salvation.

So you believe your God tortures people in hell for all eternity for committing evil acts in this life? Isn't God omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, omni omni? All of the omnis? He just abandons his human creation in a state of eternal torture, for all eternity? What happened to "love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you"? Only humans should forgive their enemies? Can't God reform human souls or put them through a type of purgatory, rather than abandoning them in a state of torture forever, while keeping them conscious and alive? That's worse than Adolf Hitler. Even Hitler would probably say:

"OK OK, I've tortured him enough now, about 200 years, it's time to let him go. Give him a care package and a Mcdonald's Giftcard, and let him go, OK demons?"

I'll make it crystal clear. That's not God, that's a false god. A very little, vindictive god, that's not very creative. God is much greater than that, He doesn't torture people in hell for all eternity. He actually cares about his creation and wants to restore it, He doesn't abandon it. He knows every corollary, every single element, that led to a person doing whatever they did, in a universe full of injustice, ignorance, pain, and suffering. He understands hence he has empathy, He knows hurt people, hurt people, so when people hurt each other, he's not there ready to inflict more injury, more pain and suffering, but rather desires to restore and regenerate. That's the ONE TRUE GOD, not your angry god that can't forgive his enemies and tortures people in hell for all eternity.

Last edited:
You don’t need to manufacture a reason to pat yourself on the back because that will just blow up in your face.

Let me know when you are finished telling me what I do believe and don’t believe.

So what do you believe about salvation Ding? Are you embarrassed to admit what you believe? Do you believe only Christians are saved and everyone else is tortured in the lake of fire?

Getting back to this...can you be any more insulting to God and to people of faith? What do you feel either has done to you to warrant such an attitude?

christianity ...

images

is the religion of the crucifiers and has been since their misconstrued c-bible used the crucifixion of jesus for their own purposes a religion of servitude than the reason he and his followers in the 1st century gave their lives - liberation theology, self determination - no where found in their book of forgeries and fallacies.

Pew Research Center, JANUARY 31, 2019

Religion’s Relationship to Happiness, Civic Engagement and Health Around the World​

In the U.S. and other countries, participation in a congregation is a key factor

People who are active in religious congregations tend to be happier and more civically engaged than either religiously unaffiliated adults or inactive members of religious groups, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of survey data from the United States and more than two dozen other countries.

you really have a skewed understanding for the issue, happiness - than within those that participate as to their contribution to the overall health and well being of the society they effectuate ...

images

their happiness, the congregations is never more than their own reward.

you really have a skewed understanding for the issue, happiness - than within those that participate as to their contribution to the overall health and well being of the society they effectuate ...

images

their happiness, the congregations is never more than their own reward.
The question that begins this thread is:

Atheists Happier Than Christians?​

I answered it.

In one sense Christians have the hope and promise of Heaven, but in another sense atheists ( or so they think anyways) will never have to answer for sin in their lives.

Christians are probably happier. Why? Well, religion is a fantasy world created, Christianity is one created to give love that doesn't require much in return. Same as having a cat, or a baby that can't talk back.
However I'd say Atheists would be less happy in general because atheists are people who are more likely to think about things, where as Christians are less likely to think about things deeply.

Ignorance is bliss. And it's true.

In one sense Christians have the hope and promise of Heaven, but in another sense atheists ( or so they think anyways) will never have to answer for sin in their lives.
I will save everyone some time

Those who practice their faith are happier and live longer according to research.

I will save everyone some time

Those who practice their faith are happier and live longer according to research.

The happiest countries on Earth, with the highest standard of living, are the most secular:

onlysky.media

The happiest nations on Earth are strongly secular

Clearly the practice of religion can decrease without causing widespread anguish or depression. In fact, the opposite is more often the case.
onlysky.media
onlysky.media
https://happiness-report.s3.amazonaws.com/2022/WHR+22.pdf
More...

According to the 2013 census, completed by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the U.S. prison population continues to decline. The estimated number of inmates in the prison system was 1,574,700 people.[9] Of these people, less than 1% (.07%) of inmates identify as atheists.[10]

Source: Jailhouse Jesus - Wikipedia.

And:

www.quora.com

What percentage of people in prison are atheists?

Answer : Almost none…in that atheists, as a tendency, tend to exhibit more human empathy, and, hold themselves responsible for their own behavior. Theists, as a tendency, look to be forgiven for their crimes, by a higher power…or the victim, whereas atheists tend to ask the victim what t...

It doesn't matter who's happier. You can be happy and wrong, and another person can be depressed and correct. The metric for truth or having an accurate perception of reality isn't how happy you feel. One should pursue the truth, wherever it leads.

Because one is an atheist does not mean that they don't have a firm ethical and moral grounding. Just as believing in God does not guarantee that one is a good person.

A person does not need future reward..Heaven--nor does one need future consequences...Hell--to be a good person.

Pie in the sky feeds nobody~
In fact it's safe to say that since most people say they believe in a god that most murderers and criminals believe a god and that sure as hell didn't make them more moral did it?

The fact that the most religious countries also tend to be the poorest doesn’t really bear this out.
That's because religion is a tool to oppress people while giving them false promises of eternal happiness.

It worked really well when most people were illiterate, unsophisticated and superstitious.

The fact that the most religious countries also tend to be the poorest doesn’t really bear this out.
Some of the most miserable people one earth are rich, and their kids are a mess as well.

The fact that Christians who practice their faith are happier should not be a surprise.

Here is why.

Imagine if were told you had to do a job for a week and at the end of that week you would be given $100 million for your service. No matter how bad that job is, chances are you will be able to maintain a positive outlook through it all knowing what awaits you.

In addition, if you practice your faith, chances are you will do some house cleaning. You will stop focusing on yourself and be as narcissistic which just causes you to be miserable, your conscience will be cleared as you will be put at peace, you will put down the alcohol and smokes and drugs, you will stop with your illicit affairs and focus on your family instead, thus making them happier because chances are they have joined you in your faith pursuits, etc. Following the 10 commandments, for example, just makes the world a better place in general, not just for yourself, tut for everyone else around you. This happiness and cleaner living will then cause you to live longer as well.

It's just common sense.

Last edited:
That's because religion is a tool to oppress people while giving them false promises of eternal happiness.

It worked really well when most people were illiterate, unsophisticated and superstitious.
I got news for ya Jack, this world if full of oppression and misery, whether or not there is religion in it.

But without hope of redemption from such a world, in this life on a personal level as well as the next that will finally deal out justice, it would be intolerable.

Forum List

Back