Zone1 Are Atheists Happier Than Christians?

But are they in reality? I don’t believe they are. I believe the spirit of God is in everyone. And that only when it is withdrawn will people realize what they lost.
I understand, since I, too, believe everyone has that spark of divinity. I also believe that those who, through abject misunderstanding of the Bible, reject the God of Abraham may have the opportunity, after death, to know God better before they decide whether or not they fit and have a place in the Kingdom of God. They do have a measuring rod of how well their choices in this life fit life in the Kingdom.

You're only good because you're afraid of being tortured by your deity in hell for all eternity? Is that why you empathize or feel any compassion for others? It's all because you have your deity over you with a Louisville Slugger ready to hit you over the head with it? You're only good if your deity gives you eternal life?
Where did you get your version of hell? For many, hell is the individual choice not to follow God or to serve in His kingdom. Some Saints who say they have had visions of hell, speak of it as the place Satan has created for demons and his followers, and as this is the antithesis of the Kingdom, it is not a place people of faith would choose to be.

I understand, since I, too, believe everyone has that spark of divinity. I also believe that those who, through abject misunderstanding of the Bible, reject the God of Abraham may have the opportunity, after death, to know God better before they decide whether or not they fit and have a place in the Kingdom of God. They do have a measuring rod of how well their choices in this life fit life in the Kingdom.
That’s my belief as well and my understanding of Catholic teaching. Which in and of itself disproves the Protestant belief about Catholics. Everyone will receive a final chance and that’s all grace of God. No one knows their fate or the fate of others. Except of course the saints; those we know about and those we don’t know about.

Do Hindus and Muslims go to heaven or just Christians? Seems kind of draconian don't you think? Just Christians go to heaven, while everyone else is tortured in hell by your deity. It seems like your deity is like a heavenly Adolf Hitler.
Jesus noted that the Way to the Father is his way--the way of truth, the way of life. Do people of other faiths follow truth and life? The people I know of other faiths seem to do just fine in this regard, and I don't feel any need for concern.

People who choose death and deceit...they would not be happy in God's Kingdom, so I have no concern for them, either.

Do Hindus and Muslims go to heaven or just Christians? Seems kind of draconian don't you think? Just Christians go to heaven, while everyone else is tortured in hell by your deity. It seems like your deity is like a heavenly Adolf Hitler.
Catholics are taught that no one knows their fate or the fate of others. Except of course the saints. They know their fate.

The problem is that happier doesn't always equal better though.
That probably depends upon what it is that makes you happy. But if it switches on all the learning centers of your brain it’s probably the good kind.

The hope of Heaven isn't ALL we have, it just seems like the biggest and most important since we won't be separated from God for all of eternity.
I welcome the idea of being closer to God. I think God is with us--but at a greater distance--in this life, but not as close as He will be in the next. I believe He is asking us to serve Him in this life, and I often wonder if this is how we learn to serve Him even better in the next. I don't perceive heaven as a lengthy vacation, rather God evaluates the strengths we built in this life and how they might serve Him best in the hereafter. The hereafter...I ask, What will be my next call to duty? Here I am, Lord, send me.

Catholics are taught that no one knows their fate or the fate of others. Except of course the saints. They know their fate.

Oh OK so you believe non-Christians aren't tortured in hell for all eternity for not being Christians or Catholics. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

So, we're not going to have any fun in Heaven according to you?
What is your idea of fun?

I had fun this morning. I took care of my chinchillas and then went out to work in the garden, also something I enjoy very much, even though I came in tired, stiff and a bit sore. Yesterday I taught PE, worked with about two hundred middle school students, and that was mostly fun, too--even though it took a lot of energy and a lot managing team rivalries. I have fun in what I do in this life, and expect the same--at a higher level--in the next.

Getting back to this...can you be any more insulting to God and to people of faith? What do you feel either has done to you to warrant such an attitude?

Can you be any more insulting to God, accusing him of being a sadist, who tortures his human creation FOREVER IN HELLLLLL. That's truly insulting. YOU BETTER CONVERT TO THE RIGHT TYPE OF CHRISTIANITY OR I'M GOING TO KEEP YOU CONSCIOUS IN HELLLLLL FOREVERRRRRRR. Really? There are a lot of Christians that believe this. Convert or burn. Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Zoroastrians, Bahai, Taoists, Shintoists, Druze, Mandeans, Yazidis, Shamans, Spiritualists, and Santeros..etc. All of these people from other religions are going to be rejected at the pearly gates and cast into the lake of fire. If that wasn't enough, you can convert to Christianity and still go to hell, for converting to the wrong brand of Christianity.

Talk about screwed up. You convert to Christianity, but then you're told "sorry, you weren't a Protestant". "Sorry, go to hell, you were a Pentecostal Protestant, that believes in WORK SALVATION and in Spiritualism due to all of that talking in tongues and stuff, so you're not really the right type of Protestant Christian, you should've become a Presbyterian and Calvinist". "Sorry, go to hell, you're not Roman Catholic, under the authority of the magisterium, receiving the sacraments, hence you're spiritually dead". "Sorry, you're not Eastern Orthodox, you're a Catholic, hence you're not saved". Even if you convert to Christianity, you may still get sent to hell for not converting to the right type of Christianity. Amazing.

Oh OK so you believe non-Christians aren't tortured in hell for all eternity for not being Christians or Catholics. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
You don’t need to manufacture a reason to pat yourself on the back because that will just blow up in your face.

Let me know when you are finished telling me what I do believe and don’t believe.

You don’t need to manufacture a reason to pat yourself on the back because that will just blow up in your face.

Let me know when you are finished telling me what I do believe and don’t believe.

Tell me, what do you believe about "salvation"? Do you believe only Christians inherit eternal life in heaven, while everybody else gets tortured in hell for all eternity?

Religious people are happier, study finds​

They also smoke and drink less alcohol​

Chelsea Ritschel
New York
Wednesday 06 February 2019 19:51
Independent

People who follow a religion through active participation in congregations tend to be happier, according to a new study.

The study by Pew Research Centre, a nonpartisan fact tank, compared the lives of religious people and non-religious people by analysing survey data from more than two dozen countries including the United States, Mexico, and Australia.

Can you be any more insulting to God, accusing him of being a sadist, who tortures his human creation FOREVER IN HELLLLLL. That's truly insulting. YOU BETTER CONVERT TO THE RIGHT TYPE OF CHRISTIANITY OR I'M GOING TO KEEP YOU CONSCIOUS IN HELLLLLL FOREVERRRRRRR. Really? There are a lot of Christians that believe this. Convert or burn. Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Zoroastrians, Bahai, Taoists, Shintoists, Druze, Mandeans, Yazidis, Shamans, Spiritualists, and Santeros..etc. All of these people from other religions are going to be rejected at the pearly gates and cast into the lake of fire. If that wasn't enough, you can convert to Christianity and still go to hell, for converting to the wrong brand of Christianity.
It is not what I believe about God or Christianity. I am pointing out you did.

Talk about screwed up. You convert to Christianity, but then you're told "sorry, you weren't a Protestant". "Sorry, go to hell, you were a Pentecostal Protestant, that believes in WORK SALVATION and in Spiritualism due to all of that talking in tongues and stuff, so you're not really the right type of Protestant Christian, you should've become a Presbyterian and Calvinist". "Sorry, go to hell, you're not Roman Catholic, under the authority of the magisterium, receiving the sacraments, hence you're spiritually dead". "Sorry, you're not Eastern Orthodox, you're a Catholic, hence you're not saved". Even if you convert to Christianity, you may still get sent to hell for not converting to the right type of Christianity. Amazing.
Who has told you that? It is not Catholic teaching, and it is not all non-Catholic Christian teaching, either. So...again...who told you that? Which denomination?

Religious people are happier, study finds​

They also smoke and drink less alcohol​

Chelsea Ritschel
New York
Wednesday 06 February 2019 19:51
Independent

People who follow a religion through active participation in congregations tend to be happier, according to a new study.

The study by Pew Research Centre, a nonpartisan fact tank, compared the lives of religious people and non-religious people by analysing survey data from more than two dozen countries including the United States, Mexico, and Australia.

The happiest countries on Earth, with the highest standard of living, are the most secular:

More...

According to the 2013 census, completed by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the U.S. prison population continues to decline. The estimated number of inmates in the prison system was 1,574,700 people.[9] Of these people, less than 1% (.07%) of inmates identify as atheists.[10]

Source: Jailhouse Jesus - Wikipedia.

And:

Forum List

Back