Zone1 Are any Christians here interested to know WHY Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah?

your statement makes no sense. I have been very closely acquainted with far more
Pakistanis than have you and on a far more confidential level than you could
imagine
Rosie, there were lots and lots of Pakistanis in Arabia. Still are.

No, I’m being serious.

Any honest, objective look at all organized religion reveals that it exists primarily to keep the impoverished masses complacent in the hope they will be “rewarded” after they die.

Its no coincidence that poverty and religiosity go hand in hand when you look at the demographics
I can only speak for Judaism.

The focus is actually on the here-and-now, and relatively little is made of the afterlife. In all my years of Jewish education, it was barely mentioned - and instead we learned about Jewish history, the holidays and their meanings, and the laws - also known as mitzvot.

We should tend to the sick. We should honor our parents. We should be kind to dumb animals. We should not be jealous of what others have. We should not gossip. We should be remorseful when we do wrong and make amends. And so on and so on. All are geared to living a good life.

Neither of my parents believed in life after death, and they were fairly observant. Strictly kosher home. I recall when I was a child and asked my dad why I should be good if there’s no reward after death. He answered because that’s what Gd wants of you - to be a good person.

I personally think that people who are ”good” only to get to Heaven are being selfish - doing it for their own benefit. It is much more admirable to be good because that is the better way to be, period.

The Israelite religion fell over and over through the OT to false god worship amongst other sinful activities.
Not all. Here is what I don't get.

• People talking about what other religions/faiths are doing wrong.
  • People talking about what people in the past did wrong.
  • People talking about how, sometime in the future, God is going to get us.
The reason I am Catholic is because Jesus taught us how to live through today, now, the present. The Beatitudes mean so much to me, as do so many of the parables (sower and the seed for example) and how the way we live can be like a little yeast in bread dough.

Living in the present is why I also value the Ten Commandments. Religion is meant to guide us through everyday living today, right now. It is not meant to make us judgemental about the past or fearful of the future.

Finally, no one will ever be able to convince me that Jesus was sent to toss anyone aside, but rather to gather more together.

Looks like its been a busy thread today. No time just now, but I'll try, tomorrow morning, to read through more of what you wrote. Think about this. Twelve. Twelve-squared. Add a thousand. Don't limit yourself to the math. What does it mean?

There was no Catholicism back in those days. That religion popped up out of Rome later, It did not belong to Jesus. They were the foretold great apostasy-2 Thess 2:3 and all her branches. Her own translating exposes her as false.
oh-----ok---you are into that fairy-tale too
Rosie, there were lots and lots of Pakistanis in Arabia. Still are.
SO? even more in Pakistan -----and former Pakistanis in Bangla Desh and
also some Hindus who survived the islamic genocide there of which you
will learn nothing from the Pakistanis in Arabia. Chances are very slim that
the Pakistanis in Arabia discussed the drive by shooting of Shiites in Karachi
with you. Interestingly, there are still a considerable number of Shiite muslims
in India------not likely to express themselves candidly in Arabia regarding the
dangers they avoid in Pakistan

You mean including the Quran and the Book of Mormon and the Talmud?
you left out THE KAMA SUDTRA (clearly INSPIRED). The Talmud is
not a heavenly dictation like the holy NT and the "noble" Koran----
EVERYONE KNOWS THAT because the Talmud includes (gasp] ---
debate which does not even exist in islam and christianity because
EVERYTHING IS KNOWN

you left out THE KAMA SUDTRA (clearly INSPIRED). The Talmud is
not a heavenly dictation like the holy NT and the "noble" Koran----
EVERYONE KNOWS THAT because the Talmud includes (gasp] ---
debate which does not even exist in islam and christianity because
EVERYTHING IS KNOWN
Then why so defensive and angry?

I personally think that people who are ”good” only to get to Heaven are being selfish - doing it for their own benefit. It is much more admirable to be good because that is the better way to be, period.
Then I am totally selfish, because being good is for my own benefit. The difference is I am not trying to be good to get somewhere--or something--in the next life. I am utterly convinced that the only reason for the Commandments (Hebrew Bible) and the Beatitudes (New Testament) is because God wants us to have good things in this life. God created a beautiful world filled with wonderful life, and He wants the best for us. When we do good for those around us, we live in that goodness. I prefer to live in goodness, so yes, selfish me.

However, I will say that I do follow the instructions that in doing good, don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. Be completely unselfish. I swear that is God having fun with us. The greater the secrecy and unselfishness, the greater the good that rains down--no escape! God has a great sense of humor. Or, maybe He is being a greater task master? I can sometimes almost hear Him chuckling, "Not bad, that time--now see what you can do with this!"

There is life after life. Been there briefly. This life is the shadow, the next is the light. I tends towards thinking the better the appreciation we have of this life, the greater the appreciation we will have of the next. Joy awaits.

According to YOUR religion. According to mine, he welcomes all good and decent people.
Acts 10:34-35--God is not partial, accepts all who fear him and does what is right and acceptable---
Matt 7:24-27--One must listen to Jesus and do what he says----that means all he taught. Few listen to Jesus because few even know what he teaches. Like at John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ--2 major points there--1) the Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD and 2) the ONLY TRUE GOD sent another he did not come down here.

Acts 10:34-35--God is not partial, accepts all who fear him and does what is right and acceptable---
Matt 7:24-27--One must listen to Jesus and do what he says----that means all he taught. Few listen to Jesus because few even know what he teaches. Like at John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you(Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ--2 major points there--1) the Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD and 2) the ONLY TRUE GOD sent another he did not come down here.
So you’re quoting the New Testament to a Jewish again as “proof” of something? Some of you Christians are unbelievably arrogant.

There are many religions in the world, and any of them are just as valid as yours.

Not all. Here is what I don't get.

• People talking about what other religions/faiths are doing wrong.
  • People talking about what people in the past did wrong.
  • People talking about how, sometime in the future, God is going to get us.
The reason I am Catholic is because Jesus taught us how to live through today, now, the present. The Beatitudes mean so much to me, as do so many of the parables (sower and the seed for example) and how the way we live can be like a little yeast in bread dough.

Living in the present is why I also value the Ten Commandments. Religion is meant to guide us through everyday living today, right now. It is not meant to make us judgemental about the past or fearful of the future.

Finally, no one will ever be able to convince me that Jesus was sent to toss anyone aside, but rather to gather more together.

Looks like its been a busy thread today. No time just now, but I'll try, tomorrow morning, to read through more of what you wrote. Think about this. Twelve. Twelve-squared. Add a thousand. Don't limit yourself to the math. What does it mean?
Your religion outright refuses to listen to Jesus.
The bible has already judged.
Few listen to Jesus, that is why he teaches--FEW will find the road that leads off into life( be saved)

oh-----ok---you are into that fairy-tale too

SO? even more in Pakistan -----and former Pakistanis in Bangla Desh and
also some Hindus who survived the islamic genocide there of which you
will learn nothing from the Pakistanis in Arabia. Chances are very slim that
the Pakistanis in Arabia discussed the drive by shooting of Shiites in Karachi
with you. Interestingly, there are still a considerable number of Shiite muslims
in India------not likely to express themselves candidly in Arabia regarding the
dangers they avoid in Pakistan
99% of all religion on earth is false religion= babylon the great-the harlot.

So you’re quoting the New Testament to a Jewish again as “proof” of something? Some of you Christians are unbelievably arrogant.

There are many religions in the world, and any of them are just as valid as yours.
God will be showing the whole world soon. This sick system cant go on much longer.

Your religion outright refuses to listen to Jesus.
The bible has already judged.
Few listen to Jesus, that is why he teaches--FEW will find the road that leads off into life( be saved)
Jesus would be astonished to hear this. What is the greatest Commandment? And the second greatest? How often do you comfort others with these words that Jesus spoke, when he was reminding those listening in his own day what they already have imprinted in their minds and hearts due to the teachings in Leviticus?

Notice to open-minded, tolerant, respectful Christians:

We have had many Christians - not all - bang Jews over the head with quotes from the New Testament in order to harass, insult, and badger them for not believing Jesus is the Messiah.

I thus started this thread to explain from the Jewish perspective why virtually all Jews do not view Jesus as the Messiah, as he does not meet the parameters and requirements - which I listed in the OP.

This was NOT an invitation for intolerant, arrogant Christians to once again badger, threaten, harass, and insult Jews with quotes from the New Testament. Believe me, we have heard it ALL before, over and over and over and over and over….

This was for those of you interested in learning about the Jewish perspective. Those who take the “my way or to hell with you” approach will be kindly told to be quiet.

This was for those of you interested in learning about the Jewish perspective.

... and he violated the Sabbath.

Jesus healed on the Sabbath in order to reveal the hypocrisy of the Pharisees' religion. In three passages where Jesus’ healing led to a confrontation, Jesus references how the Jews “worked” on the Sabbath by taking care of their animals, and that work was sanctioned by the Pharisees.

The Pharisees’ Sabbath restrictions forbade the following activities: writing, erasing, and tearing; conducting business transactions; shopping; cooking, baking, or kindling a fire; gardening; doing laundry; carrying anything for more than six feet in a public area; moving anything with your hand, even indirectly (with a broom): a broken bowl, flowers in a vase, candles on a table, raw food, a rock, a button that has fallen off (you could move things with your elbow or your breath, but not with your hand). And this is just a partial list.

perspective for what ... rather, that is exactly what jesus was attempting to reconcile, judaism and the true heavenly intent judaism had abandoned ... is the proper perspective regardless someones personal point of view ...

expl. - claiming healing the sick on any day would constitute a crime - is not heavenly whoever makes such a claim.

* from oral tradition from those times, sabbath was a type of completion to keep holy - not a day. the heavens were pleased with what they had created, keep it that way.

Forum List

Back