Arab citizens of Israel face defining moment in election

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Jerusalem (CNN)In a sea of Jewish parties campaigning at Hebrew University, Ayman Odeh was the star attraction.

But this powerful new face in Israeli politics is not Jewish. While he is an Israeli citizen, the charismatic 41-year-old lawyer is of Palestinian descent -- one of 1.6 million Israeli Arabs living in Israel.

Under Odeh's leadership, Israel's tiny, splintered Arab parties have teamed up for the first time to form a slate known as the Joint List. Come election day on Tuesday, they are poised to take as many as 15 seats. This could potentially make them the third-largest party in the Knesset after Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud party and his main rival, the Zionist Camp coalition, potentially giving them the balance of power.

It is a game-changer, giving a significant voice to one-fifth of the population that has long complained of being treated as second-class citizens.

His most immediate goal is to deny a new term to Netanyahu, who he says has led the "most racist government in history."

Arab citizens of Israel face defining moment in election - CNN.com

Beautiful! I love seeing an Arab party being the final nail in Nutanyahoo's coffin! Should make the Israel Firster's here shrill in horror and scream ANTI SEMITISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not screaming about anything , I like Bibi , should be interesting to see what happens in Israel as I think the election is tomorrow , isn't it ?? Course , this is a prime example of letting an enemy population into any country . Example , I hate seeing imported dual citizens into the USA as I know where it will lead .

That huffpost link has the List of Arab parties being unknown towards Nutanyahoo yet the spokesperson calls him the most racist Israel government ever. I HIGHLY doubt they would go with them...there 12-13 seats puts the zionist union at 55 which is same amount as Nutanyahoos.

well me , little I know about Israeli issues is that they are surrounded by Arab and muslim enemies . I think that BIBI may be in a better position to handle survival of Israel better than a party or leader that's interested in economics or appeasement or friendship with its enemies .

I doubt very much that Hussein's operatives and OUR tax dollars are going to defeat Bibi. And I can assure you the Israelis won't let enough A-RABS vote to abolish the state. :rolleyes-41:

I doubt very much that Hussein's operatives and OUR tax dollars are going to defeat Bibi. And I can assure you the Israelis won't let enough A-RABS vote to abolish the state. :rolleyes-41:
Please move to Israel. Since your loyalty is already to Israel you would feel more at home. The day is coming where all you sons of bitches are gonna be arrested and thrown in prison.

hope that you are correct Bull Kurtz , I'm looking for significant events if Bibi is re elected .

Please move to Israel. Since your loyalty is already to Israel you would feel more at home. The day is coming where all you sons of bitches are gonna be arrested and thrown in prison.

Come get me pissant....but kiss your mamma goodbye first.
ooooo scary man....drones can do wonders...no point in taking a risk in dealing with radical extremists like yourself.

shame is that with mrobama involved I do not think you will see much help to Israel 'odium' . Just my guess after watching 6 years of mrobama at work . Bibi might have to go it alone and I look for him to create the significant events . Have to wait and see what happens I guess but Israel is pretty strong .

hope that you are correct Bull Kurtz , I'm looking for significant events if Bibi is re elected .

He'll not wait for 2 more years while Obozo pisses away a chance to strike the clerics and nuke sites while there is still time. We'll see if Barry follows through on this threat to bounce IDF bombers over Iraqi airspace.

ooooo scary man....drones can do wonders...no point in taking a risk in dealing with radical extremists like yourself.

Fuckin A I'm scary boy....and before you threaten to use "drones" on me you best stop reading comic books and hope your zits clear up.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Fuckin A I'm scary boy....and before you threaten to use "drones" on me you best stop reading comic books and hope your zits clear up.
LOL....legend in your own mind.
If Israel invades Iran I hope the U.S. washes its hands of that mess. If they want war let them have it. We know now that Bibi certainly doesn't want us to prevent it.
I can see republicans lead by Cotton and Paul going to fight for Israel. LOL

Reading my daily WSJ just now quote from an Israeli citizen who is voting tomorrow
"he's egotistic and his big ego is hurting us" He also says that Mr Netanyahu has lost touch with Israeli's with his years in power,He said he has become disenchanted with the prime ministers policy toward Iran and the Palestinians and will be voting for his chief rival this time.

Lets hope the majority see it this way and kick that crazy SOB out

Mr Hertzog would temporarily freeze settlements in the west bank and reopen negotiations with the Palestinians and would de escalate tensions with Iran and the White house. :) THAT is a real politician! It doesn't change my position towards Israel or Jews.

Forum List

Back