Appeals for calm

I will see you out now. Asclepias

"The police officers involved in this incident have been fired from their jobs. One officer has already been arrested and charged with murder. State and federal authorities are carrying out an investigation to see what further charges may be warranted, including against sadly, the other three. In addition, my administration has opened a civil rights investigation and I have asked the Attorney General and the Justice Department to expedite it. I understand the pain that people are feeling. We support the right of peaceful protestors and we hear their pleas, but what we are now seeing on the streets of our cities has nothing to do with justice or with peace. The memory of George Floyd is being dishonored by rioters, looters, and anarchists. The violence and vandalism is being led by Antifa and other radical left-wing groups who are terrorizing the innocent, destroying jobs, hurting businesses, and burning down buildings."

So, in reality, he did show "leadership" as you so define it, Asclepias. I'm guessing you conveniently ignored it.
Well at least he finally said something. I can give him that.

Can you also admit you made a fool of yourself in this thread? Or do we need to review?
Why would i say I made a fool of myself? Drumpf is still a fuckup and weak leader. Saying something a couple of days late doesnt change that. :)

"The police officers involved in this incident have been fired from their jobs. One officer has already been arrested and charged with murder. State and federal authorities are carrying out an investigation to see what further charges may be warranted, including against sadly, the other three. In addition, my administration has opened a civil rights investigation and I have asked the Attorney General and the Justice Department to expedite it. I understand the pain that people are feeling. We support the right of peaceful protestors and we hear their pleas, but what we are now seeing on the streets of our cities has nothing to do with justice or with peace. The memory of George Floyd is being dishonored by rioters, looters, and anarchists. The violence and vandalism is being led by Antifa and other radical left-wing groups who are terrorizing the innocent, destroying jobs, hurting businesses, and burning down buildings."

So, in reality, he did show "leadership" as you so define it, Asclepias. I'm guessing you conveniently ignored it.

He said that yesterday. Where were you? How far was your head planted up your backside?
A couple of days too late as usual.

Lol. There is no pleasing you.

Can you also admit you made a fool of yourself in this thread? Or do we need to review?
Why would I say I made a fool of myself? Drumpf is still a fuckup and weak leader. Saying something a couple of days late doesn't change that. :)

So, where is you criticism of the Democratic governors and mayors who did nothing but stand by the first three days why demonstrators tore their cities and states apart?

How is that not weak leadership?

He said that yesterday. Where were you? How far was your head planted up your backside?
A couple of days too late as usual.

Lol. There is no pleasing you.
Thats the thing about leadership. Once its revealed you are a fuckup and horrible leader its hard to gain that trust back if you ever had it at all.

Why would I say I made a fool of myself? Drumpf is still a fuckup and weak leader. Saying something a couple of days late doesn't change that. :)

So, where is you criticism of the Democratic governors and mayors who did nothing but stand by the first three days why demonstrators tore their cities and states apart?

Which ones just stood by? Can you be specific?

"No one is more upset than fellow law enforcement offices by this small handful who failed to abide by their oath to serve and protect. My administration will stop mob violence and we’ll stop it cold. It does not serve the interest of justice or any citizen of any race, color, or creed for the government to give into anarchy, abandoned police precincts, or allow communities to be burned to the ground, won’t happen. Those making excuses or justifications for violence are not helping the downtrodden, but delivering new anguish and new pain."

--President Donald Trump, ibid

Last edited:

Governor Walz of Minnesota, Mayor Frey of Minneapolis

Governor Gavin Newsom of California, the Mayors of Oakland, San Francisco, and Los Angeles

Governor of Illinois, Mayor of Chicago

Mayor Eric Johnson of Dallas, Texas

Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York, Mayor Bill DeBlasio of New York City

Need I go on?

Last edited:

Governor Walz of Minnesota, Mayor Frey of Minneapolis

Governor Gavin Newsom of California, the Mayor of Oakland

Governor of Illinois, Mayor of Chicago

Mayor Eric Johnson of Dallas, Texas

Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York, Mayor Bill DeBlasio of New York City

Need I go on?
Yes. Because all of them made pleas for peace and calm. You said the ones that just stood by. Which ones were they?

"We must all work together as a society to expand opportunity and to create a future of greater dignity and promise for all of our people. We must forge a partnership with community leaders, local law enforcement and the faith community to restore hope."

Yes. Because all of them made pleas for peace and calm. You said the ones that just stood by. Which ones were they?

The ones who spoke and did nothing. Those who called for calm and did nothing to restore it, AKA, those leaders I listed.
Make up your mind. First you said those that did nothing but stand by. Now youre saying those that called for calm. Which is it? It cant be both.

"We must all work together as a society to expand opportunity and to create a future of greater dignity and promise for all of our people. We must forge a partnership with community leaders, local law enforcement and the faith community to restore hope."

Written for him by..someone other than he who couldn't string two coherent sentences together...ah...you know. He didn't write this...and I'm sure that whoever did had to crawl naked across broken glass to get him to release this. LOL.

If you were being honest you would admit there was no way in hell Drumpf wrote that. That pos cant even talk coherently.

Drumpf is unable to provide leadership. He is an incompetent fuckup and the reason for the vacuum. Leadership is top down and he is not a leader. He is a talented divider though.

Blacks can’t be led...Look around the world at ALL black territories. End of story

Drumpf is unable to provide leadership. He is an incompetent fuckup and the reason for the vacuum. Leadership is top down and he is not a leader. He is a talented divider though.

Blacks can’t be led...Look around the world at ALL black territories. End of story
True. Blacks cant be led by someone weak. Drumpf is so weak he cant even lead white people. All he can lead are ignorant cave chimps like you.

THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT

I'm not taking sides in this protest situation, but must say, I'm very disappointed in our political leaders. Aside from a few Governors and Mayors, very few are appealing for calm or an end to violence. Instead these protests are met by either silence or accusations against one side or the other by political leaders on both sides. I realize we're in the middle of a pandemic, but I would like to see a little effort made by our political leaders to calm this situation rather than inflame it.
The people that organize a protest aren't the ones rioting. The people burning cars and building, smashing windows, and looting stores are not there to protest what happened to George Floyd but rather what has happened to them which may be totally unrelated to the issue being protested. A riot is an opportunity for a person to lash back at a society that has dealt out unfair treatment. I believe the widespread rioting and civil unrest is being fueled by the frustration caused by loss of jobs and disruptions caused by the virus. Tens of millions of people are without work, have nothing to do and are frustrated by the new normal which is denying them activities that are an important part of their lives..

Forum List

Back