Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
The reviews are good !!
Calling it the best summer movie in years
Toms character is still a maverick that does things his way

I ain’t seeing it as I will be whacking it in the tool shed

The Cancel Culture Strikes again.

Just can't have any fun, can ya? LOOOLOL

Saw it today. It is very good. Good story. Cool fighter jet footage. Lots of action. A few cameos and flashback footage. Lots of fun and zero woke garbage. Everything you could want in a Top Gun sequel. I will most likely see it again…I liked it that much. Highly recommend.

The "reviews" of the original Top Gun movie were overwhelmingly negative. They were based strictly on politics and knee jerk reaction to Vietnam rather than the quality of the movie. The reviewers admit that they didn't consider how well made and what fine acting went into the original movie. They hated it because they hated anything that made Military service look positive. This kind of shit still persists long after Top Gun.

Apparently, it pissed off the Chinese too.

The CCP has, of late, been asking Hollywood to make a lot of changes in movies. This is a poisonous influence upon our culture. Some of us have heard of these demands, some, have gone largely unnoticed.

I think, for this one, it was central to the plot, NOT to change a thing, so this one, is being censored and banned in China, but not Taiwan I believe. There seems, to be A LOT of tension over it.

This is an OG movie that throws back to the old days of block buster Memorial day movies from the 80's & 90's. I'd go see it myself, if I were up to it. It looks to be a good time. I remember those days when folks used to cheer in the theater.

6i0saq.jpg
6i0sh7.jpg
6i0sjb.jpg
6i0sno.jpg

Let's not kid ourselves though. . . at its heart, it is war propaganda for the military-industrial complex. . . .

The reviews are good !!

Loving America sells..........biggest opening ever for Tom Cruise, likely the biggest Memorial day opening ever....

Stuck a thumb in the eye of China by putting the Taiwanese flag back on his leather jacket....

That alone is awesome......hollywood has sold its soul to China for too long....

Saw it today. It is very good. Good story. Cool fighter jet footage. Lots of action. A few cameos and flashback footage. Lots of fun and zero woke garbage. Everything you could want in a Top Gun sequel. I will most likely see it again…I liked it that much. Highly recommend.
The ending was too much nonsense

The reviews are good !!

/——/ I saw it last night on LI. 10 people were in the audience. The move was good to a point, but the premise was a bit far fetched. The original was better.

If watching a 60 year old Tom Cruise pretending to be a bad ass jet pilot is fun, ya I'm out.
Is it that you don't like Hollywood or Tom Cruise?
or
Do you just think the concept of the movie is stupid? Below you?

I do my best to not give my money to Scientology, so no, I will not be seeing Top Gun: Maverick, though I hear it is very good.

Forum List

Back