Anyone ever heard of ASMR?

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
In basic terms, ASMR is a subtle series of tingles one gets in their nerves and head while listening to a pattern of soft, relaxing, rhythmic sounds. Auditorally, it makes one feel mellow.

Big Disclaimer: Only some people are sensitive to ASMR and some people are immune. So you may or may not get the effect from listening to it, it's pretty random.

Shot of whiskey an hour before bed works better.

Well...yeah its effects are physically stronger & faster, I won't argue that. But ASMR is supposed to be slow and subtle.
It is but some of it is really dumb

Some of it works and some of it doesn't, even for an ASMR sensitive like me. It depends on the presenter's delivery, choice of sounds, various other details, etc. But there are some gold nuggets hidden among the chaff.

It's just like those damn tapes they used to sell with wave sounds..........Or the Gregorian chants.............Or Tony Robbins, he can put anyone to sleep....

It's just like those damn tapes they used to sell with wave sounds..........Or the Gregorian chants.............Or Tony Robbins, he can put anyone to sleep....

Somewhat similar, somewhat different. I've listened to those delta-wave sound cassettes you're referring to and they did have a slight hypnotic effects on me. But then again, I happen to have an extreme sensitivity to certain sound patterns. Sue me, damn me to hell for it.

Here's the best ASMR of all: a bunch of alien, astronomy artwork images timed with soothing sound effects to make it hypnotic.

In basic terms, ASMR is a subtle series of tingles one gets in their nerves and head while listening to a pattern of soft, relaxing, rhythmic sounds. Auditorally, it makes one feel mellow.

Big Disclaimer: Only some people are sensitive to ASMR and some people are immune. So you may or may not get the effect from listening to it, it's pretty random.

Some songs have that effect on me and then my wife calls me to wash the dishes.

Forum List

Back