Anyone else sensing there may be hackers among us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else's computer crashed while logged into USMB ?
In the past month or so, it's happened to me about half a dozen times....the site will freeze up suddenly and then my screen will say "No Internet", and I have to bail and restart it.

I think it's those rogue FBI scoundrels like Stzrok and McCabe doing it.

Or am I just being

Yeah.. Me too.. But I've identified the problem and it's just that Comcast is technically inept and BARELY functional... That's besides having the worst customer service EVER. Have to pull the POWER to the cable modem or set top box about twice a week to get it to recover...

In electronics engineering -- that's an ADMISSION of basic design flaws...

Oh and most likely if you're having those type of issues on both the modem and the cable box it usually means you have a bad cable contact (connection), bad splitter (or going bad) or simply a bad cable feed.

I don't think that there's any question that there are trolls and hackers here. Trust no one.
Yeah I found that out starting a 9/11 thread.
Anyone asking questions or suggesting the government's hiding
something is quickly labelled a 'truther' and banished to the conspiracy theory board.

We like our Conspiracy nutz and the Conspiracy forum.. Some good threads in there.. The govts always hiding something.. Like their integrity, honesty, or the black boxes from Flight 93..

But HACKING implies they're TAKING something valuable or denying you access.. And if all it takes is a reboot -- it's probably not...
Unless it's the H3 lagger! MooohooHahahahahaha!

Yeah.. Me too.. But I've identified the problem and it's just that Comcast is technically inept and BARELY functional... That's besides having the worst customer service EVER. Have to pull the POWER to the cable modem or set top box about twice a week to get it to recover...

I get America Online deja vu every time a picture takes longer than a few seconds
to upload. Like the dial-up days when you had to wait 20 minutes to watch
a 4-minute video.

In the past month or so, it's happened to me about half a dozen times....the site will freeze up suddenly and then my screen will say "No Internet", and I have to bail and restart it.

Or am I just being

Interesting, I use Comcast and don't have that problem but I use my own modem not theirs. As for the cable box the only issue I have with it is volume control on different channels. It's a problem they've known about for a while and still haven't fixed it.

Do you have phone service with them?? Don't think you can use a 3rd party modem for that...

Seems to cascade thru their equipment.. I'll repower the modem to get Inet back, than a day later, the set top box loses "on demand", search, and incoming call on screen alerts -- and then I have to repower it.

It's their damn updates that come down weekly.. They get hosed up and stuff wonks out and THEY DONT CARE...

I get America Online deja vu every time a picture takes longer than a few seconds
a 4-minute video.

It's fast to download when it WORKS... But I refuse to even DEAL with customer service anymore.. Took me THREE MONTHS to get an appointment with a phone issues that cut off the phone on LONG calls.. Yelled and screamed at about 8 diff people.. Finally tech comes out and replaces the modem and FINDS "a single strand of wire" in a connector the LAST tech put on that was intermittently shorting out the whole INPUT to the house... Then he screwed up stuff tying in all 8 feeds into the house and took me another MONTH to convince the minions of morons that it was THEIR issue...

Or am I just being

Interesting, I use Comcast and don't have that problem but I use my own modem not theirs. As for the cable box the only issue I have with it is volume control on different channels. It's a problem they've known about for a while and still haven't fixed it.

Do you have phone service with them?? Don't think you can use a 3rd party modem for that...

Seems to cascade thru their equipment.. I'll repower the modem to get Inet back, than a day later, the set top box loses "on demand", search, and incoming call on screen alerts -- and then I have to repower it.

It's their damn updates that come down weekly.. They get hosed up and stuff wonks out and THEY DONT CARE...

Yes I have the phone service (part of the package) but don't use it so I wouldn't know. Eventually I'll drop everything but the internet. Now if only we had Plateau like we had in Roswell, ALL fiber optic even into the house. That was awesome unfortunately expensive but awesome.

Last edited:
I don't think that there's any question that there are trolls and hackers here. Trust no one.
Yeah I found that out starting a 9/11 thread.
Anyone asking questions or suggesting the government's hiding
something is quickly labelled a 'truther' and banished to the conspiracy theory board.
On the other hand, I don't believe in conspiracy theories for two reasons: 1) people talk, and 2) people screw up. That's been my experience.

a 4-minute video.

It's fast to download when it WORKS... But I refuse to even DEAL with customer service anymore.. Took me THREE MONTHS to get an appointment with a phone issues that cut off the phone on LONG calls.. Yelled and screamed at about 8 diff people.. Finally tech comes out and replaces the modem and FINDS "a single strand of wire" in a connector the LAST tech put on that was intermittently shorting out the whole INPUT to the house... Then he screwed up stuff tying in all 8 feeds into the house and took me another MONTH to convince the minions of morons that it was THEIR issue...
Suddenly that 40 minutes I had to wait to actually get ahold of somebody when my internet died doesn't seem so bad. :)

a 4-minute video.

I find that Comcast service in mid sized to large cities typically is very good and yes, dealing with customer service can be a major pain in the ass. The service in smaller towns and small cities tends to be iffy at best. Then there's their aging coaxial infrastructure which it appears they keep patching as opposed to upgrading, guess the stockholders are more interested in immediate returns and not long term investment. Fiber optic is currently the gold standard of residential internet, if Comcast wants to stay on top they need to seriously start replacing their coaxial with fiber optic before someone else does it and leaves them in the dust which wouldn't cause me to loose any sleep.

a 4-minute video.

I find that Comcast service in mid sized to large cities typically is very good and yes, dealing with customer service can be a major pain in the ass. The service in smaller towns and small cities tends to be iffy at best. Then there's their aging coaxial infrastructure which it appears they keep patching as opposed to upgrading, guess the stockholders are more interested in immediate returns and not long term investment. Fiber optic is currently the gold standard of residential internet, if Comcast wants to stay on top they need to seriously start replacing their coaxial with fiber optic before someone else does it and leaves them in the dust which wouldn't cause me to loose any sleep.
There's benefits to coax..like it doesn't fail if the power goes out.

a 4-minute video.

True

a 4-minute video.

You need to be called out for the racist fuck you are. If you aren't a racist fuck, then remove the Confederate flag from your posts. Shitflake.
Please tovaritch, don't call KGB on him.......... :rofl:

[/QUOTE]
Yeah I can, the problem is you can't. You ONLY see what you've been programmed to see and that's pathetic. What's even more pathetic is you attempting to stifle free speech simply because it "offends" you and some others hence my reference to McCarthy......... If something offends you then the problem is with you, get professional help.
[/QUOTE]
Free speech is free speech, we don't have to like it all but the constitution protects it all regardless of whether we like it or not. Attempting to stifle free speech is anything BUT American.

You need to be called out for the racist fuck you are. If you aren't a racist fuck, then remove the Confederate flag from your posts. Shitflake.
Oh here we go.
Maybe he just likes Lynyrd Skynyrd.
(btw check out the coolest solo ever-- starts around 5:00 )
Marion Morrison

No, he's a racist pig. And you are, too, if you defend him.

:rofl:

'Round here, if you get caught sayin' you don't like Skynyrd, they hold you down and beat you with empty Bud Longneck bottles. :auiqs.jpg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back