Anyone else sensing there may be hackers among us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Has anyone else's computer crashed while logged into USMB ?
In the past month or so, it's happened to me about half a dozen times....the site will freeze up suddenly and then my screen will say "No Internet", and I have to bail and restart it.

I think it's those rogue FBI scoundrels like Stzrok and McCabe doing it.

Or am I just being

In the past month or so, it's happened to me about half a dozen times....the site will freeze up suddenly and then my screen will say "No Internet", and I have to bail and restart it.

Haven't experienced this . . . yet?

Please, please, please ... let the hacker be Halle Berry from "Swordfish"!

unnamed.jpg

Could be your browser. :dunno:
I haven't had many problems. Then again, this OS is about as secure as I can think of getting.
Hardened kernel and everything. :D

Or am I just being

I don't think that there's any question that there are trolls and hackers here. Trust no one.

I haven't had many problems. Then again, this OS is about as secure as I can think of getting.
It's on Google Chrome most of the time, but I'll check it out on IE and see.
I don't remember, I assume you're using Windows. Windows 10?

If so a recent Windows update turned off the sandbox in Chrome leaving Chrome users wide open to attack. The fix caused some files to be deleted........ Back up Chrome, uninstall it then reinstall it, see if that fixes the problem.

I usually just wait until the hacker's curiosity gets the best of them and they just have to ask if anybody has noticed them, like you just did.

I don't think that there's any question that there are trolls and hackers here. Trust no one.
Yeah I found that out starting a 9/11 thread.
Anyone asking questions or suggesting the government's hiding
something is quickly labelled a 'truther' and banished to the conspiracy theory board.

Last edited:
It's on Google Chrome most of the time, but I'll check it out on IE and see.
I don't remember, I assume you're using Windows. Windows 10?

If so a recent Windows update turned off the sandbox in Chrome leaving Chrome users wide open to attack. The fix caused some files to be deleted........ Back up Chrome, uninstall it then reinstall it, see if that fixes the problem.
Oh and IE is soooooo yesterday, Edge Chromium has replaced IE.

Or am I just being

Yeah.. Me too.. But I've identified the problem and it's just that Comcast is technically inept and BARELY functional... That's besides having the worst customer service EVER. Have to pull the POWER to the cable modem or set top box about twice a week to get it to recover...

In electronics engineering -- that's an ADMISSION of basic design flaws...

Yeah I found that out starting a 9/11 thread.
Anyone asking questions or suggesting the government's hiding
something is quickly labelled a 'truther' and banished to the conspiracy theory board.

We like our Conspiracy nutz and the Conspiracy forum.. Some good threads in there.. The govts always hiding something.. Like their integrity, honesty, or the black boxes from Flight 93..

But HACKING implies they're TAKING something valuable or denying you access.. And if all it takes is a reboot -- it's probably not...

Or am I just being

Yeah.. Me too.. But I've identified the problem and it's just that Comcast is technically inept and BARELY functional... That's besides having the worst customer service EVER. Have to pull the POWER to the cable modem or set top box about twice a week to get it to recover...

Interesting, I use Comcast and don't have that problem but I use my own modem not theirs. As for the cable box the only issue I have with it is volume control on different channels. It's a problem they've known about for a while and still haven't fixed it.

Or am I just being

Interesting, I use Comcast and don't have that problem but I use my own modem not theirs. As for the cable box the only issue I have with it is volume control on different channels. It's a problem they've known about for a while and still haven't fixed it.

I think I've only had to reset the cable box twice in the last year. Same with the modem but it turned out to be a system interruption on Comcast's end.

Or am I just being

You have Corona virus. Obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back