Zone1 Anybody else listen to DC Talk?

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
They were a mega-Christian rock band in the late 90's and early 2000's. Their album "Jesus Freak" was insanely successful. I have my opinion of their (and Christian rock's) methods, intentions, and effectiveness as follows:

1. Music glorifying the Lord is good.
2. Music that panders to modern sexual-style music to glorify the Lord risks the morality/innocense of portraying the Lord.
3. Modern music that serves as a 101 to Christianity has a purpose.
4. Modern music/music artists have no business anointing themselves as leaders in the faith

That being said, DC Talk still holds a place in my mind and I still listen to songs from Jesus Freak and their followup Supernatural. Did anyone else listen to DC Talk? From what I gather they didn't end up well spiritually, especially Kevin Maxx. The guy represents himself as an "ex-vangelical" (someone who thinks there's no need for the church) and a rabid communist (aka immoral despite good intentions).

I may not like the members, but the songs I listen to are good, which include:
- Jesus Freak
- So Help me God
- Mind's Eye
- Just Between you and Me
- Dive

Just seeing if anyone else got caught up in this band's hype back in the day, and what they thought.

They were a mega-Christian rock band in the late 90's and early 2000's. Their album "Jesus Freak" was insanely successful. I have my opinion of their (and Christian rock's) methods, intentions, and effectiveness as follows:

1. Music glorifying the Lord is good.
2. Music that panders to modern sexual-style music to glorify the Lord risks the morality/innocense of portraying the Lord.
3. Modern music that serves as a 101 to Christianity has a purpose.
4. Modern music/music artists have no business anointing themselves as leaders in the faith

That being said, DC Talk still holds a place in my mind and I still listen to songs from Jesus Freak and their followup Supernatural. Did anyone else listen to DC Talk? From what I gather they didn't end up well spiritually, especially Kevin Maxx. The guy represents himself as an "ex-vangelical" (someone who thinks there's no need for the church) and a rabid communist (aka immoral despite good intentions).

I may not like the members, but the songs I listen to are good, which include:
- Jesus Freak
- So Help me God
- Mind's Eye
- Just Between you and Me
- Dive

Just seeing if anyone else got caught up in this band's hype back in the day, and what they thought.
I love DC Talk as well as the works of some of the individual band members such as TobyMac.

I haven't listened to any of the music of that era in a while but it still sounds good every time I hear it.

TobyMac

I love DC Talk as well as the works of some of the individual band members such as TobyMac.

I haven't listened to any of the music of that era in a while but it still sounds good every time I hear it.

TobyMac

Fav songs?

I've gotta say, while I enjoy the music, the videos and personalities are CRINGE

Forum List

Back