Zone1 Any Christians intersted in a Biblical argument that God/Jesus is THE rock and not Peter?

I'm asking Christians, not Catholics, since they don't believe in the authority of the Bible.
Maybe you are the biblcial fool. St Augustine agreed with you yet was Catholic.
What a stupid uninformed statement you make

Argue with you, a fellow Christian, while people need help with real darkness ???
I will not argue with the 'Biblical Fool'
Did you read what Aayan Hirsi Ali said about people like you ????????

Well then I will keep the scriptures to myself.

If Catholics believed in the authority of the Bible, they wouldn't be Catholic.

What exactly is your problem with the Catholic Church? I've been to the Catholic church with my son's family. I like the homilies.

What exactly is your problem with the Catholic Church? I've been to the Catholic church with my son's family. I like the homilies.

They don't recognize the authority of the Bible, for one. They also teach doctrines that contradict the teachings of Christ.

I have to go beat my wife. I'll tell you later.

Sins that were punishable by death include homicide, striking one's parents, kidnapping, cursing one's parents, witchcraft and divination, bestiality, worshiping other gods, violating the Sabbath, child sacrifice, adultery, incest, and male homosexual intercourse (there is no biblical legal punishment for lesbians mentioned)

If Catholics believed in the authority of the Bible, they wouldn't be Catholic.
I know you claim to have been Catholic, but for once the truth: You know absolutely nothing about Catholicism, so what do you mean by being an ex-Catholic? How much time did you ever spend in a Catholic parish as an active parishioner or student?

It's not only the ignorance you have of the Catholic faith, there seems to be great anger. Why? What caused it? Otherwise, you just come across as someone who learned to hate the Catholic faith in some other Christian denomination. Makes me wonder...why weren't they teaching the Bible instead of lies about Catholics?

They don't recognize the authority of the Bible, for one. They also teach doctrines that contradict the teachings of Christ.
Leaving prayer, Mary, and the Saints out of it, what specific authority is not recognized by Catholics? Specifically, what doctrine contradicts Christ? (Again leaving prayer, Mary and the Saints out of it. Most of us are aware of your prejudice against Mary and the Saints.)

If you were more secure in your belief you wouldn't need to try to tear down the belief of others to try to build yours up.

This actually says more about your insecurity and doubts than anything else. It's like you are on a crusade.

You're a liar.
Most of us are aware of your prejudice against CATHOLICS...

Am I lying or am I lying.

1700748848551.png

You're a liar.
Doubtful. Possibly mistaken, but then I haven't seen anything by you that is contrary to you having Mary issues.

I also notice that answering direct questions throws you off your game. And it is a game you are playing, isn't it?

You're a liar.
Here's a little constructive criticism for you. Do with it as you wish...

When you call someone a liar, you are judging the person.
When you say someone is lying, you are judging the behavior.

Judge people at your own risk as you will be judged by how you judge others.

Peter is and was never the "rock". God/Jesus is and has ALWAYS been THE rock. Here are the scriptures that support this fact.

Matthew 16:18 English Standard Version
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Here is a better translation of the original Greek to English

Matthew 16:18 Young’s Literal Translation
And I also say to thee, that thou art a rock, and upon this rock I will build my assembly, and gates of Hades shall not prevail against it

You’ll note that Peter is referred to by Jesus as “a” rock and not the rock.

The “rock” is God and Jesus. They are and have ALWAYS been “the rock”.

1 Samuel 2:2 ESV
“There is none holy like the Lord: for there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God.

2 Samuel 22:2
He said, “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,

Psalm 62:6 ESV
He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

Psalm 144:1 ESV
Of David. Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 ESV
For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.

Psalm 18:46 ESV
The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation—

Matthew 7:24-25 ESV
“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.

Psalm 19:14 ESV
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

1 Peter 2:7-9 ESV
So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, “The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” and “A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do. But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Isaiah 26:4 ESV
Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.

Psalm 18:1-2 ESV
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, the servant of the Lord, who addressed the words of this song to the Lord on the day when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. He said: I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

1 Corinthians 3:11-16 ESV
For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Isaiah 51:1 ESV
“Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness, you who seek the Lord: look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug.

Psalm 61:1-3 ESV
To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. Of David. Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy.

Acts 4:11-13 ESV
This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone.
(Note: It's interesting to me that the verse in Acts 4:11-13 refers to Jesus as a "stone" rather than a rock).

1 Peter 2:4 As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, 5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
6 For it stands in Scripture: “Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

Deuteronomy 32:4

The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is he.

Peter is and was never the "rock".
Some people favor pulling down statues of America's founding fathers and other historical figures. Should we be impressed by your effort to tear down Peter?

Peter answered Jesus question of, "Who do you say that I am." Upon Peter's response, Jesus said Peter's confession of faith was not given to him by any man but by God. He continues that he will build a church/assembly and to Peter he will the keys.... In Jesus' day the master's keys were given to a trusted servant when the master would be going away.

I find it mystifying that you believe a truth revealed by God the Father, to Peter should be dismissed, that Peter's faith in God and in Christ should not be a rock on which to build an assembly who, like Peter, would also come to confess that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God.

This is what all Catholics proclaim, Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God. This is the Church you seek to destroy.

Once again: Can you explain why you are so angry? Something personal must have disturbed you greatly to want to tear down a Church and an Apostle.

Some people favor pulling down statues of America's founding fathers and other historical figures. Should we be impressed by your effort to tear down Peter?

Peter answered Jesus question of, "Who do you say that I am." Upon Peter's response, Jesus said Peter's confession of faith was not given to him by any man but by God. He continues that he will build a church/assembly and to Peter he will the keys.... In Jesus' day the master's keys were given to a trusted servant when the master would be going away.

I find it mystifying that you believe a truth revealed by God the Father, to Peter should be dismissed, that Peter's faith in God and in Christ should not be a rock on which to build an assembly who, like Peter, would also come to confess that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God.

This is what all Catholics proclaim, Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God. This is the Church you seek to destroy.

Once again: Can you explain why you are so angry? Something personal must have disturbed you greatly to want to tear down a Church and an Apostle.

Mary and Peter were amazing, faithful, servants of Jesus. They deserve our love, respect, and admiration. We are not, however, supposed to pray to or worship them.

I provided scriptural proof that God/Jesus is THE rock and you accuse me of being angry and hating Peter. Lol.

Forum List

Back