Any Christians Having Trouble With Backsliding?

Oh and for the record,.. a few conservatives have gotten on my nerves as well. Too much of anything isn't good whether it's being too far left or right. I think everybody in this thread so far is good though. :) (Well except for a couple of people that I think are the annoying liberals I speak of.)

One of his apostles claims he did.
3 The son of Annas the scholar, standing there with Jesus, took a willow branch and drained the water Jesus had collected. (2)Jesus, however, saw what had happened and became angry, saying to him, "Damn you, you irreverent fool! What harm did the ponds of water do to you? From this moment you, too, will dry up like a tree, and you'll never produce leaves or root or bear fruit."
(3) In an instant the boy had completely withered away. Then Jesus departed and left for the house of Joseph. (4)The parents of the boy who had withered away picked him up and were carrying him out, sad because he was so young. And they came to Joseph and accused him: "It's your fault - your boy did this."

4 Later he was going through the village again when a boy ran and bumped him on the shoulder. Jesus got angry and said to him, "You won't continue your journey." (2)And all of a sudden, he fell down and died.

. . . and how old was he reported to have been when that occurred?

:heehee:

None of this is in the true gospel.

Exactly. Jesus was sinless as both a child and an adult.

Unfortunately I'm not Jesus and I think you're beyond help personally unless you count a mental institution. :rolleyes:

Exactly! That's what I've been trying to tell everyone on here. Yes for the most part I can't stand liberals, but I've run into a few nice ones on here and that's where I came up with my signature,.. well,.. out of permission from the guy I quoted who was saying it. :) (I think you can still disagree with people and be friends with them as long as they don't start getting too pushy and loudmouth about their beliefs.)
What makes that the true gospel? You know the only reason this isnt in there is because it didnt fit the traditional narrative, right?
You realize the true gospel was drafted by a select few individuals right? Not God. Not Jesus.

What makes that the true gospel? You know the only reason this isnt in there is because it didnt fit the traditional narrative, right?
You realize the true gospel was drafted by a select few individuals right? Not God. Not Jesus.

Whatever. Believe what you want. :rolleyes:

A lot of liberals are frustrating me and getting on my nerves

Like mosquitoes, that is their only basic function in this world, except that progressives end up doing far more harm.

Worry not, Rilly, God knows we are not perfect, just so long as you try. You are doing far more good to the world by exposing the dangerous and maniacal stupidity of the Left than the minor harm to yourself by not being the perfect Christian.

Consider it personal sacrifice well spent.

Like mosquitoes, that is their only basic function in this world, except that progressives end up doing far more harm.

Yes and no. Besides this website I have a few real life democrats that I associate with and they seem perfectly harmless. It's the loud and obnoxious hating America ones that I can't stand. :mad:

For a number of reasons, most scholars do not believe that the Gospel of Thomas was actually authored by Thomas, or that is reliable. Even if it has some truth in it, anything that has truth mixed with lies is not reliable, in fact it’s heretical.

At that time there were certain movements that were basically anti-Christian, at least in a spiritual sense. Those groups are not Christian, they have their own beliefs and motives and that is why their writings go against the true Gospels of Jesus.

What you don’t seem to know is that even before the canon of the Bible was put together, it was already known by the early Christian community in general which books were inspired and reliable, and which were not.

There’s much more to this, but like I said, read the book The Case for Christ. It goes over this and all other misconceptions non-Christians have about the Bible.

I'm an atheist, can you help me???

Yes. Take two hits of acid, and watch every Marx Brothers movie over and over and over until you pass out. It won't help you believe, but it will amuse the hell out of your kids.

Yes and no. Besides this website I have a few real life democrats that I associate with and they seem perfectly harmless. It's the loud and obnoxious hating America ones that I can't stand.

Well, you see, this site ATTRACTS them because it is idiotically set up to give a voice to the dangerously stupid while suppressing those who speak with too much intelligence.

That's what liberals call "being fair."

98% of the really big problems that exist in this country today are caused by the beguiled liberals and independents who think being passively neutral in everything is better than being smart.

For a number of reasons, most scholars do not believe that the Gospel of Thomas was actually authored by Thomas, or that is reliable. Even if it has some truth in it, anything that has truth mixed with lies is not reliable, in fact it’s heretical.

At that time there were certain movements that were basically anti-Christian, at least in a spiritual sense. Those groups are not Christian, they have their own beliefs and motives and that is why their writings go against the true Gospels of Jesus.

What you don’t seem to know is that even before the canon of the Bible was put together, it was already known by the early Christian community in general which books were inspired and reliable, and which were not.

There’s much more to this, but like I said, read the book The Case for Christ. It goes over this and all other misconceptions non-Christians have about the Bible.
No one has claimed that Thomas wrote it. Its just like the Gospel of luke. It was written by his follower/s. So if you discredit it for that reason, You must discredit half the new testament, right?
What does that have to do with this? I dont see any correlation.
Oh yeah! Thats why there was massive book burning on 3 continents, right? Lol
This isnt a "misconception" Its an important archeological discovery

No one has claimed that Thomas wrote it. Its just like the Gospel of luke. It was written by his follower/s. So if you discredit it for that reason, You must discredit half the new testament, right?
What does that have to do with this? I dont see any correlation.
Oh yeah! Thats why there was massive book burning on 3 continents, right? Lol
This isnt a "misconception" Its an important archeological discovery

Nope, it is not just like the Gospel of Luke. Unlike the book of Thomas, there are plenty of reasons to believe that the author of Luke actually was Luke, the physician.

Secondly, even if your claim that Luke did not actually write Luke is true (which I’m not saying it is, but for the sake of argument, even if that were true) the so-called Gospel of Thomas still fails to meet any of the basic principles that determine whether or not a New Testament book was inspired and reliable.

In fact it goes against all the criteria… which is why it was generally known by early Christians to be a forgery.

The book of Thomas is a gnostic writing, and gnosticism is not Christian, it is basically anti-Christian, from a spiritual standpoint.

Thanks guys and Meriweather you're such a sweetheart. I guess in my mind is where I get confused is I think that sometimes it's good to say what might usually be considered wrong if it's for a right reason and that bashing Biden is actually saying that you're a patriot that loves your country.
Such a great question. And this is where the process of Sanctification comes in. In his letter to the Romans Chapter 7, Paul writes of the constant battle between the old man vs. the new man. And recognizing that we don't have to "work it out" per se, but totally depend on the Sovereign G-d of Creation and His power to gain victory over sin.

Such a great question. And this is where the process of Sanctification comes in. In his letter to the Romans Chapter 7, Paul writes of the constant battle between the old man vs. the new man. And recognizing that we don't have to "work it out" per se, but totally depend on the Sovereign G-d of Creation and His power to gain victory over sin.

So in other words don't cuss out Joe Bidedumb and his supporters? I would rather have a root canal than to be nice to those libtards to be perfectly honest with you.

Nope, it is not just like the Gospel of Luke. Unlike the book of Thomas, there are plenty of reasons to believe that the author of Luke actually was Luke, the physician.

Secondly, even if your claim that Luke did not actually write Luke is true (which I’m not saying it is, but for the sake of argument, even if that were true) the so-called Gospel of Thomas still fails to meet any of the basic principles that determine whether or not a New Testament book was inspired and reliable.

In fact it goes against all the criteria… which is why it was generally known by early Christians to be a forgery.

The book of Thomas is a gnostic writing, and gnosticism is not Christian, it is basically anti-Christian, from a spiritual standpoint.

You're the one who says that an Apostle claimed a child Jesus went on a murdering spree. I'm simply telling you that no such documentation exists to support such a claim.
Except the ancient document that said it lol

Forum List

Back