Any Christians Having Trouble With Backsliding?

You dont think its weird how all the important events come from other religions? Jesus whole life was ripped from other deities. The backbone of judaism was ripped off from Sumerians.
Whole lotta coincidences lol
The reason it is not weird are the differences. Is it weird that almonds, walnuts, and pecans are all nuts? It is the differences, not the coincidences that make each stand out.

Oh gosh no. I commend you for that, meriweather
Actually, it can be a lot of fun, not to mention rewarding. Love the Far Side cartoon of a lady carefree whistling as she saunters through hell, the suffering all around her. One devil says to another, "We will never get to her. She was a middle school teacher." (Goes double for me as I substitute at middle schools.)

The reason it is not weird are the differences. Is it weird that almonds, walnuts, and pecans are all nuts? It is the differences, not the coincidences that make each stand out.
Differences in the basic premise, perhaps. Which is poly vs monotheistic
Born of a virgin (which was a mistranslation from the OT anyways hehe), return to life after 3 days, adored by 3 kings upon birth, crucified, star in the east, teacher at 12, ministry at 30, walking on water etc etc etc. Pretty much his entire life.
As far as sumeria and judaism, you have the flood, garden of eden etc
There are many possibilities to judaism being a coincidence, or the same religion and abraham finally got it right, than with christianity.

Born of a virgin (which was a mistranslation from the OT anyways hehe), return to life after 3 days, adored by 3 kings upon birth, crucified, star in the east, teacher at 12, ministry at 30, walking on water etc etc etc. Pretty much his entire life.
There are many possibilities to judaism being a coincidence, or the same religion and abraham finally got it right, than with christianity.
There are plenty of differences besides polytheism vs monotheism. In the Old Testament, the young woman (already married) was with child. In the New Testament the virgin (not yet married) was with child. Christianity has its roots firmly in Judaism. It branches sharply with the idea that a human was also divine.

See here's the thing... the "Jesus is a rip off of other gods" claim is flatly and demonstrably wrong. Most of those so-called parallels can be demolished, when you actually look at the original writings and compare them.

I don't have much time right now because I'm supposed to be making a promo video that is due today, but when I have more time I'm going to show you what I'm talking about.

By the way, a lot of atheists got this load of caca from the documentary Zeitgeist, which had such sloppy 'scholarship' to the point of being laughable. EVEN SOME ATHEISTS came out and acknowledged that the claims made in that film were unfounded and false. (see the video below)

When you have even atheists speaking out against these claims, then you really need to at the very least consider that you've been misled.

Here you go... and FTR I don't agree with most of what these guys say here, but I do agree with them on the main point, that the conclusions the Zeitgeist doc came up with are laughably wrong.

Last edited:
See here's the thing... the "Jesus is a rip off of other gods" claim is flatly and demonstrably wrong. Most of those so-called parallels can be demolished, when you actually look at the original writings and compare them.

I don't have much time right now because I'm supposed to be making a promo video that is due today, but when I have more time I'm going to show you what I'm talking about.

By the way, a lot of atheists got this load of caca from the documentary Zeitgeist, which had such sloppy 'scholarship' to the point of being laughable. EVEN SOME ATHEISTS came out and acknowledged that the claims made in that film were unfounded and false. (see the video below)

When you have even atheists speaking out against these claims, then you really need to at the very least consider that you've been misled.

Here you go... and FTR I don't agree with most of what these guys say here, but I do agree with them on the main point, that the conclusions the Zeitgeist doc came up with are laughably wrong.

When you have time, please do!
I have never heard of that movie.
I would love to discuss this further. I also have many citations that will back this up. Such as the "virgin" birth, resurrection heaven/hell, etc.

As that's currently me right now. A lot of liberals are frustrating me and getting on my nerves and I'm saying things that I shouldn't be saying about them, to them, and about our so called "president" if you take a look into my signature.
This is what you worry about when there's so much "christian" worship of the fat former guy who's proud of checking off all 7 deadly sins?

I have a bias towards the abrahamic religions. Its a big joke. Judaism got ripped off from the Sumerian religion. Christianitys religion got decided by a select few humans (while the history of Jesus was ripped off from several older religions as well) and Islam is... well.. Islam. The teachings in their book is hateful, violent and oppressive.
It also blows my mind how the three worship the same god, but they are so different. That makes ZERO sense to me.
I dont really have a bias against other religions. Buddhism and Taoism is the best IMO. They focus on the individual and not some spirit or different species that live on the other side of the Universe. I also find hinduism extremely interesting. Far fetched, but consistent. Its also complicated and extremely creative.
You can pray for me if you wish. Your call.
If you are interested in this sort of thing, and the similarities/differences between Western and Eastern traditions. And if you are fan of Star Trek and science fiction, one of the writers that was associated in TEE VEE culture of that era did a great movie, IMO.

The differences might be more political and cultural, rather than a function of. . . well, what is divine, and the similarities in all of us.

I highly recommend it.

If you are interested in this sort of thing, and the similarities/differences between Western and Eastern traditions. And if you are fan of Star Trek and science fiction, one of the writers that was associated in TEE VEE culture of that era did a great movie, IMO.

The differences might be more political and cultural, rather than a function of. . . well, what is divine, and the similarities in all of us.

I highly recommend it.

Ill look into it! Thanks

True dat!

let's take a looksey, shall we?

Ten Commandments list & meaning​

You shall have no other gods before Me.
chosen one.jpg

You shall make no idols.
imrs.php

A painting by artist Havi Schanz of Donald Trump. Trump used $10,000 of the Trump Foundation’s money to buy the portrait of himself. (Courtesy of Havi Schanz)

You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
'eh - he probably did. several thousand times.

Keep the Sabbath day holy.
lol.... as long as it's on the golf course.

Honor your father and your mother.
as long as they kept the cash flowing.

Y
ou shall not murder.
oh that's probably happened in his world.

You shall not commit adultery.

s-l300.jpg

stormy-daniels-trump.jpg

4A74AA6600000578-5534415-McDougal_is_seen_far_right_in_this_photo_with_Melania_Trump_far_-m-39_1521770124641.jpg

You shall not steal.
220px-Trump_University.png

trump-lawsuit-documents-slide-ZYDZ-articleLarge-v3.png

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years

By Glenn Kessler, Salvador Rizzo, & Meg Kelly
January 24, 2021 at 3:00 a.m. EST
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...isleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/

You shall not covet....
oh ya...he done did ^that^ ... in spades.

oh that was fun & so easy finding out!

I don't follow the gospels. I don't follow any actual formal religion. 99% of it is dogma.

I am a believer in the Gospel of Jesus as uttered by his own words. The rest is pretty much mankind doing that whole interpretive dance thing.

Besides, why would you believe only a gospel that puts Jesus in the worst light and ignore those that put him in his best light?

there are no recordings left by the itinerant written in their own hand, the religion of antiquity speaks for itself their mission was liberation theology - the opposite of the state religion of the roman empire.

the o p confuses the crucifiers from the crucified - by their appeal for the 4th century christian bible. and those who wrote it.

Lord forgive me I backslid again today BIG time. It's just that I don't understand how Jesus did it. If somebody starts spreading lies and insults towards you,.. a fucking liberal at that, what are you supposed to do? JGalt, any answers on that one? (I'm pretty sure you already know what I'm talking about.) I feel like I really let God down. :( (Now Calypso Jones I already know that you don't know what I'm talking about, but I could still use your help as well.)

Lord forgive me I backslid again today BIG time. It's just that I don't understand how Jesus did it. If somebody starts spreading lies and insults towards you,.. a fucking liberal at that, what are you supposed to do? JGalt, any answers on that one? (I'm pretty sure you already know what I'm talking about.) I feel like I really let God down. :( (Now Calypso Jones I already know that you don't know what I'm talking about, but I could still use your help as well.)
Oh good grief. Can you weasel any more?

And that could have been a copy. A long time ago, there was a monastery close to the cliff where the nag hammadi was discovered.
So you believe Jesus was a sociopath as a boy but later a saint when he got older?

Ya know, it does not work like that

Look at sociopaths like the avowed Marcist/preacher Jim Jones who tortured and killed animals as a boy. He then kills innocent people as an adult.

That is how it works for sociopaths but somehow Jesus is the exception?

Looks like you drank the Left wing cool aid

LOL.

I read somewhere at some time (long ago) that Jesus was like any other boy: bratty. He was born human. Humans at young ages tend to be bratty at times. He would have been no different, God's son or not. And by brat, I mean as a brat, not a murderer.

New Topics

Forum List

Back