Anti-Health Care Reform Protesters Mock Parkinson's Victim

He may not be looking for hand out then and there, but by virtue of him sitting down in front of the Anti-Obamacare people, i have to believe he was opposing them and thus saying something to the effect of "pass Obamacare because i need the help."

So basically your point of this thread is to to tell everyone else here on the USMB that you're disgusted with the actions of that one guy. That's cool, thanks for sharing.

But his sign says nothing about Obamacare. Nor does it mention Obamacare.

Also, the point of this thread is to point out that despite our ideological differences, at the end of the day we are all human beings.

It's not just the guy who was throwing money. It was the people calling him a communist. It was the people around him who said nothing as the guy threw money.

If you think I'm making a point about just one person with this thread, you're clearly missing the point.
Well, the video only shows that for about 10 seconds. You can't be sure if anyone there admonished him for his behavior afterward, can you?

But, you're talking about the people around him as well. Ok, not just one guy, but a handful of people. Still, thanks for sharing how you feel.

Last edited:
Anyone who wants to take a political stand, whether they're disabled or not, had better be able to take the heat.

Throwing money at someone who is using his disability to win support for a political cause is not over the top.

If you're going to use your disability to make your point, you'd better be ready to have it used against you. In the law, it's the way cross examination works. If it gets brought up, it's fair game.

Anyone who wants to take a political stand, whether they're disabled or not, had better be able to take the heat.

Throwing money at someone who is using his disability to win support for a political cause is not over the top.

If you're going to use your disability to make your point, you'd better be ready to have it used against you. In the law, it's the way cross examination works. If it gets brought up, it's fair game.

WWJD Allie?

Just ask yourself that.

Is he making a political stand? Does his sign have any political meaning behind it?

He's not using disability to win support as far as I can see.

WWJD Allie?

Just ask yourself that.

Is he making a political stand? Does his sign have any political meaning behind it?

WWJD?

i don't know. Do you think he would trash Palin's family because she MAY have been using them as political pawns?

WWJD?

i don't know. Do you think he would trash Palin's family because she MAY have been using them as political pawns?

This isn't about Palin. You know where I stand on that issue Elvis.

WWJD?

This isn't about Palin. You know where I stand on that issue Elvis.

your post was about WWJD. so I guess he would trash Palin's family but not mock the disabled person because he MAY be using his disability to score political points.

your post was about WWJD. so I guess he would trash Palin's family but not mock the disabled person because he MAY be using his disability to score political points.

Jesus would never mock or trash the disabled.

WWJD Allie?

Just ask yourself that.

Of course he's there making a political stand. It was a protest for and in favor of Obamacare, he had a sign and sat down directly in front of the anti-Obamacare people. How is that supposed be to considered anything other than a political stand (at least regarding that certain issue)?

Of course he's there making a political stand. It was a protest for and in favor of Obamacare, he had a sign and sat down directly in front of the anti-Obamacare people.

Actually, it was two protests. One for Obamacare, one against.

He didn't join the one that was for Obamacare if you notice.

He didn't join the one that was for Obamacare if you notice.
How so? He was sitting in front of the Anti-Obamacare group facing them.

Are you suggesting that he was just out for a walk or something, happened to have his sign and thought that the road in front of an anti-Obamacare group seemed like a good place to take a break?

He'd call her daughters sluts and whores, for one.

Not quite. Remember his whole "he who is without sin shall cast the first stone" speech?

But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

John 8:1-8

He'd call her daughters sluts and whores, for one.

Not quite. Remember his whole "he who is without sin shall cast the first stone" speech?

But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

John 8:1-8

yes, I remember. hence my facetious tone throughout this thread.

As Rush Limbaugh explained it, most people with Parkinsons are faking the tremors in an attempt to gain sympathy. This guy at the meeting must have been one of the fakers. That is why the Tea bagger threw money at him

Forum List

Back