Anti-Gay Stickers At High School In Indio Touch Off Debate

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have a gay sister and a few gay cousins. I am a believer that people who are gay are born that way and I support the right for gays to marry each other. However, I also support the freedom of speech for those who do not agree. If people are allowed to preach tolerance and acceptance of homosexuals then likewise, those who disagree also have the right to express their disapproval as long as they are not harming anybody. I'm actually kind of impressed to see this school district taking that stance.

Also, does anyone else find it amusing the VP of the school's Gay Straight Alliance is named Michelle Bachman?

Anti-Gay Stickers At High School In Indio Touch Off Debate: Hate Speech Or Free Speech?

I have a gay sister and a few gay cousins. I am a believer that people who are gay are born that way and I support the right for gays to marry each other. However, I also support the freedom of speech for those who do not agree. If people are allowed to preach tolerance and acceptance of homosexuals then likewise, those who disagree also have the right to express their disapproval as long as they are not harming anybody. I'm actually kind of impressed to see this school district taking that stance.

Also, does anyone else find it amusing the VP of the school's Gay Straight Alliance is named Michelle Bachman?

Anti-Gay Stickers At High School In Indio Touch Off Debate: Hate Speech Or Free Speech?

No such thing as free speech at school. They can tell you what to wear and what not to wear.

No such thing as free speech at school. They can tell you what to wear and what not to wear.
In Loco Parentis...

Oh boy. Another staged hate crime.

How long before we find out some gay activist put those sticker up just to stir some shit??

"The stickers show a rainbow — the symbol of the gay community — with a line crossing through it. Officials said the stickers have increasingly shown up over the past two weeks on some students’ school ID badges at Shadow Hills High School, as well as on social media websites."

The badge is school property. I'd shut that down hard with - no stickers, period.

I think anyone who expresses their beliefs through a sticker should have their ass

It really is a shame some people are born, homosexual. The details of which are kind of disgusting, to discuss on a message board where children can read such things. For many who practice homosexuality it is a perversion they enjoy, for others it is a condition they do not understand. The dynamics and intricacies of people who are not normal is the stuff people make careers of.

Stickers are a fine form of free speech but it does nothing to recognize the condition homosexuals suffer. These kids need to be educated to show empathy and understanding to those handicapped with mental disease.

"The stickers show a rainbow — the symbol of the gay community — with a line crossing through it. Officials said the stickers have increasingly shown up over the past two weeks on some students’ school ID badges at Shadow Hills High School, as well as on social media websites."

The badge is school property. I'd shut that down hard with - no stickers, period.

Why do students even have ID badges?

those poor poor poor pitiful homosexuals. they should be white people in this day and age. it's anti white this , anti white that, the freaking Oscars are being attacked for being TOO WHITE and the anti BS goes round and round

Freedom of expression....tolerate it.
To a point. Tolerance stops at Intolerance. And kids in school have limited Free Speech.

Tolerance stops at intolerance you say? Ah...how cliche.

But you're an idiot. See....true intolerance involves physical removal and/or elimination.

Nazis showed intolerance towards Jews. They removed and killed them.
Radical Muslims like ISIS show intolerance by slaughter of any non Muslim near them.

A person putting a sticker on themselves saying they don't agree with the Queer lifestyle isn't "intolerance".

I do agree however that one school property (ID card) no sticker of any kind should be allowed.

But what you lefties consider "intolerant" is not truly "intolerance". Ad long as I am not trying to kill or remove you....you are being tolerated.

Acceptance is the word you are looking for. You want to force some to accept a behavior they don't agree with....and accept it by never stating an opposing opinion.

Sounds like bullying.

But forcing someone to approve of a lifestyle they don't isn't?
I'm not seeing how not allowing those stickers is forcing someone to accept a lifestyle. It would be no different than putting up stickers that said no straights, or no blacks, no Christians, or no whatevers. It's divisive and bullyish.

What if some kids had a #BlackLivesMatter sticker on their ID card and we're forced to remove it?? Would that be ok?

It's a school ID card so I say no stickers at all.

But....if students are allowed to put #BlackLivesMatter or pro gay symbols on display....than so should the students who want an anti gay marriage or confederate flag symbol.

I support an all or nothing approach on PUBLIC school property by the way. I'm 100% fine with banning the anti gay stickers....as long as #BlackLivesMatter, Hillary or Trump, Dallas Cowboys or any other individual opinion sticker is banned also.

Why do students even have ID badges?
In Loco Parentis.

Forum List

Back