AnotherDem ShowsDisdain for Constitution: "I think the Constitution is wrong" w/Video

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
On the heels of Phil "I don't care about the Constitution" Hare, we have another Dem who doesn't care for the Constitution when it gets in their way.

And then he denies saying it in the same debate!

We have a lousy Supreme Court decision that has opened the floodgates, and so we have to deal within the realm of constitutionality. And a lot of the campaign finance bills that we have passed have been declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. I think the Constitution is wrong. I don’t think that money is the same thing as human beings.

Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA): ‘I Think the Constitution Is Wrong’ - Big Government

Sorry the videos are from eyeblast, not youtube. If there is a way to post 'em here, I haven't figured it out. You will have to follow the link to see the videos.

Give a liberal long enough and he will reveal exactly who he is and what he thinks. I told you liberals don't like the Constitution. It gives too many rights to their opponents. Liberals think only they should have rights. Anyone else should be silenced.

That's exactly what McGovern is saying. He doesn't like what his opponents will say with that free speech, so he thinks the Constitution is wrong.

Spoken like a true liberal.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If zombies are after people's brains.... TPS is in no danger whatsoever.

I think we see who is in no danger if that's all you can say.

But then I know why you have no time to comment further. You're too busy worrying what your lefty friends will say.

You found that quote of me saying something about muslims, they haven't said about themselves, yet?

Sore losers. They never stop being sore.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But then I know why you have no time to comment further. You're too busy worrying what your lefty friends will say.

You found that quote of me saying something about muslims, they haven't said about themselves, yet?

I just happen to believe in the Constitution.... therefore, I support anyone who wants to voice their opinion that the Constitution is wrong. I wouldn't vote for him, but I'd rather people were open and honest, rather than hide their views for fear of offending others. I don't think you're smart enough to understand the stupidity of your OP so I'll leave you to rant and get all hysterical.

I just happen to believe in the Constitution.... therefore, I support anyone who wants to voice their opinion that the Constitution is wrong. I wouldn't vote for him, but I'd rather people were open and honest, rather than hide their views for fear of offending others. I don't think you're smart enough to understand the stupidity of your OP so I'll leave you to rant and get all hysterical.

I think we see the stupidity here.

So, if they are "open and honest" about their disdain for the Constittuion they swore to uphold, we should applaud them or something?

We shouldn't note this is becoming a pattern for Democrats to show open disdain for the Constitution when it gets in the way of their power?

How about being "open and honest" about the attitude Democrats HAVE for the Constitution?

Noooooooooo, apparently we CAN'T do that. I guess "open honesty" only goes so far with you and your lefty friends.

Hypocritical and dumb as hell.

His premise is wrong. The Constitution doesn't define money as speech..the court does. And as in a good number of cases, it is the Supreme Court that was wrong. Neither does the Constitution define Corporate entities as people.

However, it's troubling that anyone would think it's a perfect document. It's not. The founders even recognized this, they added a process to amend it. And from it's inception it's been amended multiple times.

On the heels of Phil "I don't care about the Constitution" Hare, we have another Dem who doesn't care for the Constitution when it gets in their way.

We have a lousy Supreme Court decision that has opened the floodgates, and so we have to deal within the realm of constitutionality. And a lot of the campaign finance bills that we have passed have been declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. I think the Constitution is wrong. I don’t think that money is the same thing as human beings.

Sorry the videos are from eyeblast, not youtube. If there is a way to post 'em here, I haven't figured it out. You will have to follow the link to see the videos.

Give a liberal long enough and he will reveal exactly who he is and what he thinks. I told you liberals don't like the Constitution. It gives too many rights to their opponents. Liberals think only they should have rights. Anyone else should be silenced.

That's exactly what McGovern is saying. He doesn't like what his opponents will say with that free speech, so he thinks the Constitution is wrong.

So is the Constitution wrong to give women the right to a first trimester abortion?

it isn't that he said the constitution is wrong so much as it is that he tried to deny that he'd said iT A FEW MINUTES LATER. he's probably toast anyway-he's got much bigger problems than his apparent short term memory loss.

good riddance

So is the Constitution wrong to give women the right to a first trimester abortion?

nice deflection :thup:

The Constitution has been wrong..and it's shown dramatically..by the Constitution itself. For example Amendment 18 abolishes liquor..and Amendment 21 repeals 18.

Roe v. Wade was a Constitutional decision.

Actually it was NOT.

There are many that agree Roe v. Wade was a bad law.

And if Roe v. Wade was Constitutional, then so was Dredd Scott.

In both cases it was the DECISION that was wrong, not the Constitution.

In this case, McGovern doesn't argue the decision is wrong, he argues THE CONSTITUTION IS WRONG!

Big difference!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well when you can show me where it says a woman has a right to that in the Constitution, let me know.

I'm still waiting for liberals to show me where it says "Separation of Church and State" in the Constitution, so I won't hold my breath.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

it isn't that he said the constitution is wrong so much as it is that he tried to deny that he'd said iT A FEW MINUTES LATER. he's probably toast anyway-he's got much bigger problems than his apparent short term memory loss.

good riddance

Liberals have short term and long term memory loss when it suits them.

What always irritates me about that, is they always think we are stupid enough to fall for it.

The Constitution has been wrong..and it's shown dramatically..by the Constitution itself. For example Amendment 18 abolishes liquor..and Amendment 21 repeals 18.

If the Constitution was wrong, there wouldn't have been a vehicle to repeal the amendment.

Besides which, that amendment doesn't even ADDRESS the bill of rights, WHICH IS WHAT MCGOVERN IS ADDRESSING.

He doesn't like the freedom of speech.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Quote: Originally Posted by teapartysamurai
Quote: Originally Posted by del

good riddance

Liberals have short term and long term memory loss when it suits them.

What always irritates me about that, is they always think we are stupid enough to fall for it.

you are.

Uh no, that would be Carbiner. See what he has to say on the subject.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well when you can show me where it says a woman has a right to that in the Constitution, let me know.

I'm still waiting for liberals to show me where it says "Separation of Church and State" in the Constitution, so I won't hold my breath.

The Supreme Court said a woman has a Constitutional right to an abortion. The same as the Supreme Court made the decision you're talking about in the OP.

So you're saying the Constitution is wrong because it gives rights for something you oppose.

You're no different than the person you're attacking in the OP.

Sharron Angle, Christine O'Donnell, Rand Paul, and Joe Miller all believe that abortion should not be allowed even in the cases of rape and incest.

How, if elected, can any of them honestly and in good conscience swear to uphold the Constitution,

since the Constitution does in fact PROTECT the right of a woman to have an abortion?

::

Where does the Constitution say that corporate money is free speech?

The Supreme Court said a woman has a Constitutional right to an abortion. The same as the Supreme Court made the decision you're talking about in the OP.

So you're saying the Constitution is wrong because it gives rights for something you oppose.

You're no different than the person you're attacking in the OP.

Sharron Angle, Christine O'Donnell, Rand Paul, and Joe Miller all believe that abortion should not be allowed even in the cases of rape and incest.

How, if elected, can any of them honestly and in good conscience swear to uphold the Constitution,

since the Constitution does in fact PROTECT the right of a woman to have an abortion?

The Supreme Court once said that "separate but equal" was constitutional! Did that make it so?

The Supreme Court once said Dredd Scott was Constitutional. Did that make it so?

You libs sure don't think so on Bush v. Gore!

There is a big difference between attacking a USSC decision AND attacking the Constitution as being wrong.

But I don't expect YOU to see that difference. Found the words "separate but equal yet?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back