Another triumph of big government

What parents name their kid is none of your fucking business.

I suppose you would want the government to pick every kid's name that after all is the control freak lefty moonbat way.

I should also be included in this reprimand.

My mood today is irritable and I know parental rights are important--but this woman's reasons--'it was unique and I liked the way it sounded' are not sufficient for me.

Certainly the child can learn to cope--it is possible that this will be the least unique name in many classes. At one point in time---'Yahweh, Jehovah' were too sacred to be spoken. Hopefully the name will inspire the child. I am under the impression that children are not name 'Allah'---? Different culture.

There are 99 names of Allah, and naming a child Allah is actually a very common thing in Islamic cultures.

Muslim baby names Muslim male baby name Muslim female baby name

All Jewish names that end with -el are referring to YHWH.

Maybe you should relax.

I have relaxed somewhat.

Thinking about same sex marriage and what is to be done about that--some thread I found last night --judicial system strengths and weaknesses of--that generally irritates me. Also--I watched a few minutes of Sister Wives last night---quite irritating.

and in my world--naming your child Messiah would be frowned upon, if I may be forgiven for that.

good to know about Muslims, etc.

Sounds like this kid's name is going to be the least of his problems, judging by these parents.

But let's get all upset about the government taking action when it was asked to.

Because that's the Wingnut Way.

I suppose you would want the government to pick every kid's name that after all is the control freak lefty moonbat way.

Two points, not that you are going to get it after I explain it to you.

The PARENTS went to this judge to resolve the issue of what this child was going to be named. Because apparently, they couldn't even agree on that. Don't give someone authority if you don't like how they aer going to use it.

Second, courts and officials step in on this sort of thing, if a name is indicating there are other serious issues.

Remember the family of whacks that named their son "Adolf Hitler" and their daughter "Ayran Purity" or some such shit? Didn't take the state long to figure out these were freaks and they needed to get those kids out of there.

life-of-brian_zpse1ca70ee.jpg

"E's not the messiah, e's a very naughty boy!"

You're terrible.

Sounds like this kid's name is going to be the least of his problems, judging by these parents.

But let's get all upset about the government taking action when it was asked to.

Who asked the court to change the kids name? What they asked it to do was settle a dispute about the last name after the divorce of the parents. Courts actually do that all the time, even if you are so stupid you don't know it. Every divorce order includes an order about the last name of the children, even if it is agreed upon by the parents.

But thanks for sticking up for your big government credentials and defending the government even when it is wrong. Unless, that is, you can show me something in the Constitution of Tennessee, or the US, that prohibits people from choosing a name that might offend a religion.keep telling me is not using a gun, to change a name that offended he religious beliefs. That makes you a full fledged hypocrite.

You just supported a judge exercising the power of the state, which you

Idiot.

Hey, I think the judge should have yanked that kid out of there until these two idiots did a couple hundred hours of parenting classes.

The PARENTS went to this judge to resolve the issue of what this child was going to be named. Because apparently, they couldn't even agree on that. Don't give someone authority if you don't like how they aer going to use it.

Second, courts and officials step in on this sort of thing, if a name is indicating there are other serious issues.

Remember the family of whacks that named their son "Adolf Hitler" and their daughter "Aryan Purity" or some such shit? Didn't take the state long to figure out these were freaks and they needed to get those kids out of there.

A couple of points. Many religions and faiths have a "messiah" including my own. It would be impractical to name a child "Messiah" knowing full well that he is not a savior or chosen one of any faith or group of people.

"Don't give someone authority if you don't like how they are going to use it." Well then, given how Obama has betrayed the trust of several of his key constituencies, I find that statement to be ironic coming from you.

One question. How many times must people rely on government to solve their own problems? Hey, we can ask them to be the trump card in any discussion or dispute, but over the name of a child?

If the parents can't get along well enough to name their own child, it would be a waste of time, money and resources to bring this matter to the courts. One or the other would remain opposed to the decision, which in turn could lead to something worse for the child later on in life. It would do nothing for the cohesion of this child's family or the child himself.

You don't seem to understand the implications, Joe. I expected as much.

They went to the judge to resolve the issue of the last name, not the first name. If you think that somehow justifies the theocratic decree to change the first name you are beyond stupid.

Remember the family of whacks that named their son "Adolf Hitler" and their daughter "Ayran Purity" or some such shit? Didn't take the state long to figure out these were freaks and they needed to get those kids out of there.

The US government tells me that Messiah is a fairly popular name, and lists it as number 4 of the most popular new names. Should your theocratic government step in in all those cases also?

Feel free to call me crazy again, even though you just proved you are.

Who asked the court to change the kids name? What they asked it to do was settle a dispute about the last name after the divorce of the parents. Courts actually do that all the time, even if you are so stupid you don't know it. Every divorce order includes an order about the last name of the children, even if it is agreed upon by the parents.

But thanks for sticking up for your big government credentials and defending the government even when it is wrong. Unless, that is, you can show me something in the Constitution of Tennessee, or the US, that prohibits people from choosing a name that might offend a religion.keep telling me is not using a gun, to change a name that offended he religious beliefs. That makes you a full fledged hypocrite.

You just supported a judge exercising the power of the state, which you

Idiot.

Hey, I think the judge should have yanked that kid out of there until these two idiots did a couple hundred hours of parenting classes.

That is because you support Theocratic Authoritarianism.

But I am the crazy one.

No, they could not agree on the LAST name! God and goddess, boy, are you really this fucking STUPID?!?!

[

A couple of points. Many religions and faiths have a "messiah" including my own. It would be impractical to name a child "Messiah" knowing full well that he is not a savior or chosen one of any faith or group of people.

Well, since no messiah is ever going to come or ever come because there is no Fucking God, that's meaningless. The judge just decided that the name "Messiah" would cause this kid problems growing up in that community. I don't live in that community, so I don't know if she had a point or not. Maybe she was projecting her religious stupidity, which you guys want government to do on a lot more serious matters than what a kid is going to be called.

"Don't give someone authority if you don't like how they are going to use it." Well then, given how Obama has betrayed the trust of several of his key constituencies, I find that statement to be ironic coming from you.

Funny, most of them voted for him a second time, and I don't see them whining about it. The people whining about it are the dumb rednecks who are still freaking out that there's a homie in the White House.

One question. How many times must people rely on government to solve their own problems? Hey, we can ask them to be the trump card in any discussion or dispute, but over the name of a child?
If the parents can't get along well enough to name their own child, it would be a waste of time, money and resources to bring this matter to the courts. One or the other would remain opposed to the decision, which in turn could lead to something worse for the child later on in life. It would do nothing for the cohesion of this child's family or the child himself.

You don't seem to understand the implications, Joe. I expected as much.

Oh, I do perfectly well. People go to the courts to resolve these kinds of problems all the time. And they usually have to because they are shitheads.

In an ideal world, you would never have these problems. People would check their egos at the door and do what was best for the kids.

Used to rent to a lady who went through a pretty bitter divorce, and the kid was caught in the middle, until she got just old enough to know how to play her parents against each other.

No, they could not agree on the LAST name! God and goddess, boy, are you really this fucking STUPID?!?!

No, JackAxle, stupid would be whinging about the government correcting your stupid decisions.

They gave this kid a stupid name, couldn't agree on it, went to a judge who gave the kid a name that was less stupid.

But I am the crazy one.

Having seen enough kids who were the result of bad parenting, I'm just not seeing the problem here.

But at least you finally admit you are crazy.

I don't really care---I don't like the choice of name. jmo.

Glad she will have the additional responsibility of filing an appeal.

She should be able to sue that idiot judge for legal costs and punitive damages.

then litigate away--a learning experience--if you enjoy that sort of thing.

'Many roads to God/Higher Power'--He wouldn't be offended.

I can certainly think of many other names that would go with Mason and Micah.

She should probably contact TLC--share her story with the masses.

What you think about that baby's name is irrelevant.

What is so hard to understand about that?

It's none of your business.

It's none of the court's business

It's none of the fucking government's business

what parents name their kids.

PERIOD.

The judge is wrong. Period. I hope the parents appeal and win.

Even if they lose, there is nothing stopping the parents from calling the kid whatever they want.

[

PERIOD.

Sorry, dude, it takes a village to raise a child.

These folks went to the court to solve their problem.

Village my ass.

And the issue was the last name not the first.

So the idiot judge overstepped.

[

PERIOD.

Village my ass.

Or took appropriate action. Depends on your point of view.

Frankly, I'm having a hard time getting as worked up about this as you are. Maybe because I have really important things to worry about in my life.

Village my ass.

Or took appropriate action. Depends on your point of view.

Frankly, I'm having a hard time getting as worked up about this as you are. Maybe because I have really important things to worry about in my life.

And yet you feel compelled to stay in the thread.

No, JackAxle, stupid would be whinging about the government correcting your stupid decisions.

They gave this kid a stupid name, couldn't agree on it, went to a judge who gave the kid a name that was less stupid.

The judge changed the name because it offended her religious beliefs, and you agree with her actions. That makes you a stupid theocrat. which makes you pretty fucking stupid.

But I am the crazy one.

Having seen enough kids who were the result of bad parenting, I'm just not seeing the problem here.

But at least you finally admit you are crazy.

Of course you don't see the problem, you think the government is always right because it is controlled by God.

Forum List

Back