Another study shows drug touted by Trump doesn’t help coronavirus patients, but it can raise heart attack risk

I can post this all day. People are stupid.
Anecdotal evidence means nothing. You are stupid.
You mean it doesn't mean anything? LOL

I disagree. I think it means something.
I don't worry about grammar on a message board. That's for babies. I'm also quite fond of run-on sentences.

I go with science. Every time. Anecdotal evidence is cute and might make you feel good, but it is not science.

Again, it wasn't perfect, but it was better than what was there.
Better for Whom?

Its better for the patient, especially if given early in the course. Those who take hydroxychloroquine early in the illness before symptoms get serious very rarely succumb to the disease.
yeah. those who take corn starch early in the illness before symptoms get serious very rarely succumb to the disease.

those who take nothing early in the illness before symptoms get serious very rarely succumb to the disease.

also, no side effects from nothing or corn starch.

"Taken in conjunction with". I wonder where the NYS Dept. Health was when Andy issued the order that nursing homes had to admit patients infected with the virus? You can bet your ass(ets) that the nursing home patients faced a far worse fate than "elevated risk of heart attack" when Cuomo's grim reaper walked in the door.

Imagine being excited over BAD NEWS

Failure isn't "bad news" to our liberal friends
You're forgetting the part where we PREDICTED the failure.

Most people who listened to the doctors knew this was likely to fail and very possibly could be harmful.

It was only the morons who thought Trump had the qualifications to promote such a 'treatment'.
Then why did some doctors use it for testing? You act as if President Trump came up with the idea. He didn’t, scientists and doctors did. Just because he was hopeful it could be used as a treatment makes him a bad guy? You’re an idiot.

I guess libs feel that the President is wrong for engendering "hope", and instead he should be getting on tV and telling people how hopeless the situation is

Liberals feel that the President is wrong for engendering "false hope" based on "magical thinking", and unproven and untested "magic bullet" cures.

In all of this rush for a vaccine, and all this promise of a vaccine by year's end, all of which is REALLY an unrealistic time line, the one thing that keeps niggling at the back of my mind is that we really don't have vaccines for many of the killing viruses. There is no virus for AIDS, and the world has been looking for one since the 1980's. We don't have a virus for SARS and we've been looking for that one since 2002.

The Oxford University covid19 virus project which shows great promise because of all of their work on vaccines for SARS and MERS, both of which are corona viruses, closely related to covid19. BUT EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON CORONA VIRUS VACCINES SINCE 2002, THEY DON'T HAVE A VACCINE FOR EITHER.

I am one of those people who actually believes in shit like "Plan for the worst and pray for the best". Trump is of the school whereby if he closes his eyes and pretends it isn't happening, it will magically disappear.

I live in a country with a government which started "planning for the worst" after the SARS outbreak, and whose leaders are listening to the scientists. We are reopening our country with 45,000 closed cases and 33,000 active cases, and we haven't re-opened non-essential businesses or hair salons yet.

Every small business owner and workers in hands on businesses (hair salons, massage clinics, spas) are required to take online training for new procedures, and ordering disinfectants and antibacterial cleaners for salons, as well as masks and gowns for staff, assistants and clients. I would imagine that would include single use masks for customers who show up without one.

I just called to get on the list for a hair appointment once salons open, but I'm going to wait a couple of weeks after everything opens to see how this goes for my appointment. I'll likely make my appointment for mid-June, and continue to track the spikes before deciding whether to actually go to that appointment.

So here you are on the table of Death with a respirator attached to your face, and with no hope left for life. So a doctor comes in and says "that there is a possibility that the drug here can save your life". Another doctor comes in and says "if this drugs saves your life you might die of a heart attack". Hmmmm...what choice would you take?

Doesn't help... The drug does not help for COVID...

Antibody Plasma has better founding from a scientific basis...

They is no joy here... It is anger as the man selected to be in charge is woefully incompetent... The place would run better if he wasn't there... Even the substandard people he appointed can do a better job than he can (except the idiot son-in-law)... Trump's incompetence cost lives, American Lives...
Did the man send COVID-19 patients into retirement homes in New York? Did the man tell people to go to Chinatown in San Fransicko, because there was nothing to worry about? Only incompetent people are lefties, because they want people to die and are doing it in New York, thanks Cuomo..

"Taken in conjunction with". I wonder where the NYS Dept. Health was when Andy issued the order that nursing homes had to admit patients infected with the virus? You can bet your ass(ets) that the nursing home patients faced a far worse fate than "elevated risk of heart attack" when Cuomo's grim reaper walked in the door.

Had the nursing homes been following outbreak response rules this would not have been a problem but nursing homes did not treat the virus seriously.

The nursing homes were death traps because they were being run negligently by the operators. How was Cuomo supposed to know that nursing homes had no PPE's, inadequately trained staff, they didn't isolate sick people and continued to allow staff to work at multiple homes even those with outbreaks.

People died in nursing homes because they were run "for profit". Yes the elderly were more vulnerable but they were LIVING IN LONG TERM CARE HOSPITALS WITH DOCTORS, NURSES, ISOLATION FACILITIES. HAD THE NURSING HOMES BEEN FOLLOWING PROPER ISOLATION PRACTICES WITH INFECTED PATIENTS, THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM.

Better for Whom?

Well, for starters, the millions of people who couldn't get affordable health insurance because of pre-existing conditions. That alone was worth the price of admission.
Again, Republicans had ample opportunity to submit plans of their own, but chose to take silly, no consequence repeal votes for years while bleating heartily about how terrible it was.

I can post this all day. People are stupid.
Anecdotal evidence means nothing. You are stupid.
You mean it doesn't mean anything? LOL

I disagree. I think it means something.
I don't worry about grammar on a message board. That's for babies. I'm also quite fond of run-on sentences.

I go with science. Every time. Anecdotal evidence is cute and might make you feel good, but it is not science.
Science has been great so far...at first they told us it was not transmittable person to person and then they said don't wear masks and now they say wear masks....I'll take both. Real life examples and research studies.

And here we have an example of someone who can't even change the words out of the leftwing playbook for pushing an old has-been, no platform (other than I am not Donald) demented, candidate to go up against someone they intensely hate.

That was incoherent. If you require a tissue, you're in luck, because stores have them in stock again.

On the bright side, it was a little more effort than just weeping "TDS! TDS!", and we should encourage your progress there.

Last edited:
If you are scared of a drug that somebody else recommended then don't take it. Problem solved.

You also should be sure to to take your TDS meds if you are a stupid Moon Bat.

And here we have an example of someone who can't even change the words out of the leftwing playbook for pushing an old has-been, no platform (other than I am not Donald) demented, candidate to go up against someone they intensely hate.

That was incoherent. If you require a tissue, you're in luck, because stores have them in stock again.

On the bright side, it was a little more effort than just weeping "TDS! TDS!", and we should encourage your progress there.

Sorry....I forgot you didn't make it past the 3rd grade.

Progress on what ?

I am simply keeping count.

Is that an issue ?

Imagine being excited over BAD NEWS

Failure isn't "bad news" to our liberal friends
You're forgetting the part where we PREDICTED the failure.

Most people who listened to the doctors knew this was likely to fail and very possibly could be harmful.

It was only the morons who thought Trump had the qualifications to promote such a 'treatment'.
Then why did some doctors use it for testing? You act as if President Trump came up with the idea. He didn’t, scientists and doctors did. Just because he was hopeful it could be used as a treatment makes him a bad guy? You’re an idiot.

I guess libs feel that the President is wrong for engendering "hope", and instead he should be getting on tV and telling people how hopeless the situation is

Liberals feel that the President is wrong for engendering "false hope" based on "magical thinking", and unproven and untested "magic bullet" cures.

In all of this rush for a vaccine, and all this promise of a vaccine by year's end, all of which is REALLY an unrealistic time line, the one thing that keeps niggling at the back of my mind is that we really don't have vaccines for many of the killing viruses. There is no virus for AIDS, and the world has been looking for one since the 1980's. We don't have a virus for SARS and we've been looking for that one since 2002.

The Oxford University covid19 virus project which shows great promise because of all of their work on vaccines for SARS and MERS, both of which are corona viruses, closely related to covid19. BUT EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON CORONA VIRUS VACCINES SINCE 2002, THEY DON'T HAVE A VACCINE FOR EITHER.

I am one of those people who actually believes in shit like "Plan for the worst and pray for the best". Trump is of the school whereby if he closes his eyes and pretends it isn't happening, it will magically disappear.

I live in a country with a government which started "planning for the worst" after the SARS outbreak, and whose leaders are listening to the scientists. We are reopening our country with 45,000 closed cases and 33,000 active cases, and we haven't re-opened non-essential businesses or hair salons yet.

Every small business owner and workers in hands on businesses (hair salons, massage clinics, spas) are required to take online training for new procedures, and ordering disinfectants and antibacterial cleaners for salons, as well as masks and gowns for staff, assistants and clients. I would imagine that would include single use masks for customers who show up without one.

I just called to get on the list for a hair appointment once salons open, but I'm going to wait a couple of weeks after everything opens to see how this goes for my appointment. I'll likely make my appointment for mid-June, and continue to track the spikes before deciding whether to actually go to that appointment.
Okay I actually agree with you, there is no reason to believe a vaccine is coming. Which is why we should lift the lockdowns for young healthy people and let them get exposed. The only way through this is to reach herd immunity. So lockdowns are a waste of time and only slowing us from reaching the end of this.

Better for Whom?

Its better for the patient, especially if given early in the course. Those who take hydroxychloroquine early in the illness before symptoms get serious very rarely succumb to the disease.
Those who don’t take don’t take hydroxychloroquine before symptoms get serious rarely succumb to the disease.

Forum List

Back