Another person claiming animals are the same as people

So to recap Buttercup in one breath claims god made everything but in the next breath claims god did not create carnivores or demand his people to sacrifice animals to him. She claims our incisors were a mistake by God and that some unknown force made new animals that are carnivores all why only referencing 2 passages from the bible as if that was all there was to the document. Claiming anyone that doesn't agree with her position is not a Christian.

You're shoving words in my mouth that I never said.

How is it SO hard for you to understand that God created humans and animals as herbivores, which is what the bible clearly says, but then after the fall, the world began to change?

I never said anything about incisors or sacrifices, or most of the rest of your dishonest post above.

If you want to discuss this, I'm all for that, but I won't put up with dishonesty.
You keep claiming God would not create carnivores. yet HE DID. He gave us Incisors specifically to eat meat. I don't care what was intended before the fall as we do NOT live in that before time, we live in the NOW and PRESENT and YES God intended for us to eat meat and yes he made carnivores to eat other animals. Or perhaps you can tear your self away from your two passages and cite for us one or two that say god did not ask for animal sacrifices or that someone other then God made carnivores or gave us Incisors.

No, how many times do we have to go through this?

Your statement that God created carnivores is flatly contradicted by Genesis 1:29-30 which says that when God created humans and animals, He gave all of us a VEGETARIAN diet.

There was peace and harmony when God first created the world, that was HIS intent.

Do you really think a loving, kind, merciful God WANTS needless brutality and violence and death?

I've asked you at least 10 times if you are denying Genesis 1:29-30, and you STILL have not answered that question directly.

As for our teeth, our incisors are WAY more akin to that of an herbivorous animal than a carnivore, so if you're hanging your hat on that, you sure chose a weak argument.

05-humans-are-frugivores-750.jpg

photo%20%281%29.PNG

Cite the passage from the Bible that says someone else made animals on earth, then explain why god demanded animal sacrifices.

There are a few different views on this, but again, if you can't even understand or accept the very basics, I'm not going to get into a deep theological discussion with you.

Especially since you've shown that truth is not what is most important to you.

I have to eat dinner now, because it's more than an hour past when I normally eat, but for now if you want to read my thoughts on these topics, you can go to my blog:

Cite the passage from the Bible that says someone else made animals on earth, then explain why god demanded animal sacrifices.

There are a few different views on this, but again, if you can't even understand or accept the very basics, I'm not going to get into a deep theological discussion with you.

I have to eat dinner now, because it's more than an hour past when I normally eat, but for now if you want to read my thoughts on these topics, you can go to my blog:

Unless you can cite a bible passage that says animals were created by someone other then God you got nothing and are a blasphemer not practicing Gods commandments and beliefs.

Again, God created both humans AND animals as herbivores. There was peace and harmony in the pre-fall world, which was God's original DESIGN and INTENT.

Again, are you denying this is a fallen world? Are you denying Genesis 1:29-30? Yes or no?

Like all vegans, you only care about pretty, furry, petable animals. When you pick a vegetable out of your organic garden, if it has bugs on it, you kill them. If you boil a head of cabbage, or a pot of brussel sprouts, you will with almost zero exception, kill bugs.

What exactly are bugs? Are they plants? Or are they minerals? No: they're animals. Every time you eat a plant you kill thousands, if not millions, of animals. Your pathetic arguments do nothing except make you feel like you didn't eat Bambi; you don't care a bit about animals you can't pet or hug.

Unless you can cite a bible passage that says animals were created by someone other then God you got nothing and are a blasphemer not practicing Gods commandments and beliefs.

I'm not the one blatantly contradicting the Bible in regard to the very beginning and God's design and intent. That would be YOU. You're projecting, because what you are doing is actually blasphemous.

Just because you can't understand that God created the world one way and then the world changed doesn't mean that your horrible misconception that God loves violence and suffering and predatory behavior is correct.

You are thinking in a very anthropocentric and carnal way. God is a God of LOVE, mercy, kindness, justice, and PEACE. Not a God of exploitation and cruelty and needless violence and death.

If I had more time I would prove that to you but I have to go now. I'll try to come back later, but I've already spent too much time here, and it's pretty clear to me that arguing with you is not the best use of my time.

Just because you can't understand that God created the world one way and then the world changed doesn't mean that your horrible misconception that God loves violence and suffering and predatory behavior is correct.

If God changed the world, after he did so did he come to you and ask you to change it back? Or ask you for advice on whether he should change it back? If he changed animals and humans, it doesn't matter. We are what we are now - and God made us what we are. You're pretty presumptuous to tell God he was wrong to change the world. I've seen a lot of self-righteousness in my time but yours takes the cake.

If God changed the world, after he did so did he come to you and ask you to change it back? Or ask you for advice on whether he should change it back? If he changed animals and humans, it doesn't matter. We are what we are now - and God made us what we are. You're pretty presumptuous to tell God he was wrong to change the world. I've seen a lot of self-righteousness in my time but yours takes the cake.

Wow, another person who puts words in people's mouths. I never said that GOD changed the world to the way it is now, which implies that is what God wants. I simply said the world changed. Don't add to my words.

I don't know if you're a Christian or what, but God's intent and perfect will is CLEAR.

We can know God's perfect will by looking at both the pre-fall world, and how the world will be again one day, according to the bible, when God restores the peace and harmony HE created in the beginning and WE messed up.

The wolf will live with the lamb,
and the leopard will lie down with the goat.
The calf, the young lion, and the fatling will be together,
and a child will lead them.
The cow and the bear will graze,
their young ones will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
An infant will play beside the cobra’s pit,
and a toddler will put his hand into a snake’s den.
None will harm or destroy another
on My entire holy mountain,
for the land will be as full
of the knowledge of the Lord
as the sea is filled with water.
Isaiah 11:6-9

Last edited:

Wow, another person who puts words in people's mouths. I never said that GOD changed the world to the way it is now, which implies that is what God wants. I simply said the world changed. Don't add to my words.

I don't know if you're a Christian or what, but God's intent and perfect will is CLEAR.

We can know God's perfect will by looking at both the pre-fall world, and how the world will be again one day, according to the bible, when God restores the peace and harmony HE created in the beginning and WE messed up.

And yet you claim god did not make the animals we have today or the human teeth or digestion we have today. All with out once citing any passage in the bible to support your ludicrous claims. I can cite IN THE BIBLE where God said he did IN FACT create every living thing.

We can know God's perfect will by looking at both the pre-fall world, and how the world will be once again one day, according to the bible, when God restores the peace and harmony HE created in the beginning and WE messed up.

If the world changed, when, how, and by whom? Any biblical reference to back it up?

Yes, I am a Christian. But, unlike you, I don't assume to have the power of God to bring the changes prophesied for the last days. Do you intend to keep the bear from eating the cow? Do you see any lions eating straw? No, of course not. You've picked the part that makes you feel good and eases your guilt and think you're changing the world.

And yet you claim god did not make the animals we have today or the human teeth or digestion we have today. All with out once citing any passage in the bible to support your ludicrous claims. I can cite IN THE BIBLE where God said he did IN FACT create every living thing.

Big fat straw man.

I already told you what seems like 100 times that OF COURSE God created humans, animals and all living things! What believer would ever deny that? But God created both humans and animals as herbivores. That was what it was like IN THE BEGINNING.

If you can't comprehend that God created the world one way and then it changed, that is your issue.

In my last post, I showed what God's perfect will is, when He restores the peace and harmony HE created in the begining.

Are you going to deny that too, like you seem to deny Genesis 1:29-30?

Big fat straw man.

I already told you what seems like 100 times that OF COURSE God created humans, animals and all living things! What believer would ever deny that? But God created both humans and animals as herbivores. That was what it was like IN THE BEGINNING.

If you can't comprehend that God created the world one way and then it changed, that is your issue.

In my last post, I showed what God's perfect will is, when He restores the peace and harmony HE created in the begining.

It does not matter what it was before the fall nor what it will be after the last war. It matters what it is NOW. And yes NOW is part of God's plan and will. Or are you claiming God abandoned us and all the life on the planet? God made carnivores not some nebulous other situation and yes god made man as Omnivores too. To deny that is to deny God and his teachings.

We can know God's perfect will by looking at both the pre-fall world, and how the world will be once again one day, according to the bible, when God restores the peace and harmony HE created in the beginning and WE messed up.

If the world changed, when, how, and by whom? Any biblical reference to back it up?

Yes, I am a Christian. But, unlike you, I don't assume to have the power of God to bring the changes prophesied for the last days. Do you intend to keep the bear from eating the cow? Do you see any lions eating straw? No, of course not. You've picked the part that makes you feel good and eases your guilt and think you're changing the world.

I don't think you understand my position, at least not fully, and that is fine, I don't expect you to because you probably haven't read what I've posted on this topic before, or read my blog.

I don't assume to have the power to bring changes. I'm not trying to force anyone to change. People have free will.

But I have studied this topic, and I have a put a ton of thought into it, and I have concluded certain things, that I share, with whoever will listen. I usually share it on my blog or in videos. Sometimes here, but not too often, just when the topic comes up.

It sounds like you're saying, "That may be the future but we don't have to do that now." Well, I hope you would agree that as Christians, we should aim for God's perfect will, as opposed to the current temporary ways of this fallen world.

Jesus said we should WANT God's kingdom to come and God's will to be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

So I want to honor God's original intent when it comes to the relationship between humans and animals. Actually, I do it for a NUMBER of reasons.

From a biblical perspective that is our future anyway, so why fight it? Why not start now?

I think there are tons of good, valid reasons why Christians should honor God's original intent and perfect will. The only reasons I see on the other side are: tradition / habit / our own personal desire.

But at the end of the day, you have a choice. At least in this fallen world and this corrupt age.

Big fat straw man.

It does not matter what it was before the fall nor what it will be after the last war. It matters what it is NOW. And yes NOW is part of God's plan and will. Or are you claiming God abandoned us and all the life on the planet? God made carnivores not some nebulous other situation and yes god made man as Omnivores too. To deny that is to deny God and his teachings.

Of course it matters what God's intent for mankind and perfect will is. To deny that is very strange.

As I said to the other guy, Jesus taught us to pray for (want) God's HEAVENLY will. As opposed to embracing this fallen world.

We are not even of this world, just because we are here doesn't mean it is our true home. Our citizenship is in heaven.

Last edited:

Big fat straw man.

Of course it matters what God's intent for mankind and perfect will is. To deny that is very strange.

As I said to the other guy, Jesus taught us to pray for (want) God's HEAVENLY will. As opposed to embracing this fallen world.

We are not even of this world, just because we are here doesn't mean it is our true home. Our citizenship is in heaven.
Yet you deny that God made carnivore, exactly how does that support God? By denying he did something is not in support of God.

The idea that we must stop eating meat is basically unscientific and foolish. We are Omnivores and depend on meat for many of our essential ingredients to survive, vegans and vegetarians must take special care and must do specific things to make up for the lose of meat in their diet.

That is simply false, sorry. You appear to be making that statement based on sincere ignorance.

Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
It is the position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics that appropriately planned vegetarian, including vegan, diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits for the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. These diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, adolescence, older adulthood, and for athletes. Plant-based diets are more environmentally sustainable than diets rich in animal products because they use fewer natural resources and are associated with much less environmental damage. Vegetarians and vegans are at reduced risk of certain health conditions, including ischemic heart disease, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, certain types of cancer, and obesity.
The Mayo Clinic
A well-planned vegetarian diet (see context) can meet the needs of people of all ages, including children, teenagers, and pregnant or breast-feeding women. The key is to be aware of your nutritional needs so that you plan a diet that meets them.​
Harvard Medical School
Traditionally, research into vegetarianism focused mainly on potential nutritional deficiencies, but in recent years, the pendulum has swung the other way, and studies are confirming the health benefits of meat-free eating. Nowadays, plant-based eating is recognized as not only nutritionally sufficient but also as a way to reduce the risk for many chronic illnesses.
Dietitians of Canada
A healthy vegan diet can meet all your nutrient needs at any stage of life including when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or for older adults.​
British Dietetic Association
Well planned vegetarian diets can be nutritious and healthy. They are associated with lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, obesity, certain cancers and lower cholesterol levels. This could be because such diets are lower in saturated fat, contain fewer calories and more fiber and phytonutrients/phytochemicals (these can have protective properties) than non-vegetarian diets. (...) Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of life and have many benefits.
The British National Health Service
With good planning and an understanding of what makes up a healthy, balanced vegan diet, you can get all the nutrients your body needs.
The Dietitians Association of Australia
Vegan diets differ to other vegetarian diets in that no animal products are consumed or used. Despite these restrictions, with good planning it is still possible to obtain all the nutrients required for good health on a vegan diet.​

Well planned, yet ALL require nutritional supplements. I hate to break it to ya but Coyote is correct. Ethical treatment of critters is essential, but all critters eat each other.

If we weren't supposed to eat them, they wouldn't taste good.

Indeed, most animals won't hesitate to feed on a human carcass.

Of course, if even a roach or fly feeds on a leftard, they have to eat a lot of other shit to get the nasty taste out of their mouth.

I don't think you understand my position, at least not fully, and that is fine, I don't expect you to because you probably haven't read what I've posted on this topic before, or read my blog.

I don't assume to have the power to bring changes. I'm not trying to force anyone to change. People have free will.

But I have studied this topic, and I have a put a ton of thought into it, and I have concluded certain things, that I share, with whoever will listen. I usually share it on my blog or in videos. Sometimes here, but not too often, just when the topic comes up.

It sounds like you're saying, "That may be the future but we don't have to do that now." Well, I hope you would agree that as Christians, we should aim for God's perfect will, as opposed to the current temporary ways of this fallen world.

Jesus said we should WANT God's kingdom to come and God's will to be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

So I want to honor God's original intent when it comes to the relationship between humans and animals. Actually, I do it for a NUMBER of reasons.

From a biblical perspective that is our future anyway, so why fight it? Why not start now?

I think there are tons of good, valid reasons why Christians should honor God's original intent and perfect will. The only reasons I see on the other side are: tradition / habit / our own personal desire.

But at the end of the day, you have a choice. At least in this fallen world and this corrupt age.

Jesus ate fish. End of argument unless you want to argue that Jesus was a sinner.

Jesus ate fish. End of argument unless you want to argue that Jesus was a sinner.

Debatable. But I'm not going to get into that on this thread. Not worth it, with people whose minds are stubbornly made up on this entire topic of flesh eating.

Debatable. But I'm not going to get into that on this thread. Not worth it, with people whose minds are stubbornly made up on this entire topic of flesh eating.
Of course you're not going to get into it because it completely destroys your argument.

Luke 24:41-43
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

He also served fish to thousands and filled the nets of fishermen so the fish could be eaten.

Forum List

Back