Another Liberal Religion: Paganism

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Discussed many times, liberalism is another name for the political religion of the Left. Charles Darwin is the prophet, and while there is naught wrong with a belief in evolution, once one removes any sense that humans are of a higher order than any other form of life, there are repercussions, often, not expected.

1. Obama selected regulatory czar Cass Sunstein has suggested that animals have the right to lawyers, and advocated that animals have the right to sue humans in court:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je8bU9D51Ug[/ame]

2. . Obama choice for Science Czar John Holdren has endorsed compulsory sterilization, as in ‘controlling the herd.”
“Adding a sterilant to drinking water or staple foods is a suggestion that seems to horrify people more than most proposals for involuntary fertility control.”
Obama's science czar suggested compulsory abortion, sterilization | Washington Examiner
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZCoXyQ-vks]YouTube - The Czars - John Holdren[/ame]

3. Considering humans the equivalent of any other animal gives us Professor Peter Singer:
“Singer, a bioethics professor at Princeton University, is a leader in the animal rights movement. He has also argued that abortion should be permissible because unborn babies as old as 18 weeks cannot feel pain or satisfaction.
Singer once explained his belief that, "killing a newborn baby is never equivalent to killing a person, that is, a being who wants to go on living." Obama czar pick: 'Raving animal rights nut'

“I do think that it is sometimes appropriate to kill a human infant. For me, the relevant question is, what makes it so seriously wrong to take a life? Those of you who are not vegetarians are responsible for taking a life every time you eat. Species is no more relevant than race in making these judgments.” What price is life? Peter Singer and Obamacare Can I Just Finish My Waffle?
Peter Singer was appointed by Obama as part of his Health Care Team... Peter Singer Joins Obama's Health Care Administrators : I Am Not a Fan of Peter Singer Story & Experience

4. The view is extended to the earth as a living entity, to be worshipped and protected.
“ Environmentalism should be regarded on the same level with religion "as the only compelling, value-based narrative available to humanity," according to a paper written two years ago to influence the future strategy of the United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP), the world's would-be environmental watchdog.”
TBR.cc: UN endorses new Gaia religion for world

“In our contemporary era, Earth Day has become the modern celebration of Gaia. Partakers of this event, whether aware of it or not, play off the ancient pagan beliefs of a Universal Mother. Like the sacred oaths taken in her name, today’s Earth Day celebrants sign environmental petitions, make pledges, and
announce resolutions in support of Mother Earth. And like the old sacrifices to the deity, today’s Earth Day practitioners offer sacrifices of “good works” to the planet. Not only is the Earth a deity to be venerated, but the Earth itself – as the representative and embodiment of the Goddess – has become a modern day idol.” All for Gaia - Earth Day and Total Transformation

5. The violence of the left is on display in the efforts of the ELF, Earth Liberation Front,

“It is now an international movement with attacks reported in 17 countries[3][4][5] and is widely regarded as the Animal Liberation Front's younger sister, because of the relationship and cooperation between the two movements.[6] Using the same leaderless resistance model, as well as similar guidelines to the ALF,[2] sympathizers say that it is an eco-defense group dedicated to taking the profit motive out of environmental destruction by causing economic damage to businesses through the use of direct action.[7]… The ELF was classified as the top "domestic terror" threat in the United States by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in March 2001,[8][9] and are categorised as "eco-terrorists".[10] Earth Liberation Front - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. Which brings us to the most recent attack on humanity by a member of this pagan, left-wing cult:

“If you are unaware, James Jay Lee was an enviro-extremist. He was so extreme that he felt that people should not be allowed to have any more children because it was "killing" the planet.
In his rambling manifesto he implored the Discovery Channel to change its programming. "Focus must be given on how people can live WITHOUT giving birth to more filthy human children since those new additions continue pollution and are pollution," Lee wrote. (See .pdf of his manifesto)”Discovery Hostage Taker Following the Typical Envrio-Extremist's Path - Publius Forum

“He became an ardent environmentalist after seeing the Al Gore documentary An Inconvenient Truth and then reading the Daniel Quinn animal-rights novel Ishmael, a book he references at the top of his alleged manifesto.” James Lee: Discovery Channel Standoff Suspect Has Southern California Roots - Los Angeles News - The Informer

In his manifesto, Lee says: "Saving the Planet means saving what's left of the non-human Wildlife by decreasing the Human population.” Man Takes Hostages at Discovery Channel to Save What's Left of Wildlife | Animals | Change.org

For those who lean or subscribe to any of the above, I offer the following for consideration:

Sir John Maddox, editor emeritus of the foremost journal of science, Nature, wrote in a classic Time magazine essay, “How the brain manages to think is a conundrum with a millennial time scale. All animals have brains so as to be able to move about. Signals from the senses- eyes, ears, nostrils, or skin, as the case may be- send messages to the spinal cord, which moves the limbs appropriately. But thinking involves the consideration of alternative responses, many of which have not been experienced but have been merely imagined. The faculty of being conscious of what is going on in the head is an extra puzzle.” (“Thinking,” March 29, 1999, p. 206)

xotoxi-albums-pictures-9-picture1993-blindly-partisan.png

Last edited:
If I don't feed my two dogs promptly at 5:00 pm every night, they threaten to sue. What you're saying must be true.

First of all, your religious intolerance is showing. If it doesn't agree with your beliefs, its wrong? Or just wrong for you?

Secondly, what does paganism have to do with liberals or with your posting?

Just because you want to justify our need to kill and eat animals, and to make yourself feel better (humans are a higher order than all other life), doesn't mean the rest of us HAVE to feel or live like you do.

I hope you don't abuse animals because they're not people.

First of all, your religious intolerance is showing. If it doesn't agree with your beliefs, its wrong? Or just wrong for you?

Just because you want to justify our need to kill and eat animals, and to make yourself feel better (humans are a higher order than all other life), doesn't mean the rest of us HAVE to feel or live like you do.

Did I read this correctly: "...(humans are a higher order than all other life)..."????

Are you actually suggesting that this is not so???

If so, congrats on being an honest liberal!

What a bigot you are, pc.

What an interesting entrée, friend Ravi...

1.Bigot: "One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ."http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bigot

2. Going by that definition, I'd have to say 'guilty as charged...'

3. But, by the inference of your post, don't I have to welcome you to the club?

4. But to be specific, yes, I believe that liberalism is detrimental to the nation, and even harmful to liberals themselves...
Thus, the thrust of my post is to shed light on one of the more deviant forms of a major theme of liberalism- or, if you prefer, progressivism.

a. Did you find any part of the post untrue?
b. Is it merely the term 'paganism' to which you object? I thought I made the case that the items that I listed fall into said definition...

as in "Paganism, in the broadest sense includes all religions other than the true one revealed by God, and, in a narrower sense, all except Christianity, Judaism, and Mohammedanism. The term is also used as the equivalent of Polytheism (q.v.)."http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/dissent/defpagan.htm

1. An adherent of a polytheistic religion in antiquity, especially when viewed in contrast to an adherent of a monotheistic religion.
2. A Neopagan.
3. Offensive
a. One who has no religion.
b. An adherent of a religion other than Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.
4. A hedonist.
paganism - definition of paganism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

So, folks who adhere to a belief that other forms of life are the equvalent of human life, or that the earth is a living thing that should be worshipped...these are pagans.

I look forward to any dialogue you care to enter.

Did I read this correctly: "...(humans are a higher order than all other life)..."????

Tell that Great White Shark swimming towards you that you are a higher order than he is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqO32fP7f0Y]YouTube - Pagan - Flim and the BBs.mp4[/ame]

Yes, you read that correctly.

I don't believe humans are a higher order of life - we've just got more complex brains but we're very weak physically and not very tough either (we die pretty easily unlike many other species who can survive far worse trauma than we). And we don't reproduce as quickly as most other species.

I would kill anyone who even attempted to harm my pets.

Thanks. I'm proud to be liberal and honest.

Tell that Great White Shark swimming towards you that you are a higher order than he is.

Wonderful to have such witty repartee...

"Tell" as in speak to?

'...higher order..." as defined by size and appetite?

A remedial in biology:
1. Order is between class and family.

2. Humans are of the 'primate' order

3. Great White Sharks are cartilaginous fish of the order Lamniformes

4. Humans have a highly developed brain, capable of abstract reasoning, language, introspection, and problem solving. This mental capability, combined with an erect body carriage that frees the hands for manipulating objects, has allowed humans to make far greater use of tools than any other species on Earth. Human - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When the Right wants to really disparage something, some one or some idea, they run right to the pulpit and call that intellectual conundrum a "religion".

Why? Because 1) The Right thinks deep in their collective hearts that they own religion. They use religion as an intellectual aegis. There is no compromise with religion. One is more apt to compromise one's politics, but never their faith or dogma.

2) It's easy for the Right to get behind the eradication of the infidel. Christians vs. Muslims. Christians vs. Jews Christians vs. Christians. If the Right can successfully sell the concept that an idea they can't fathom or find too intrusive on commerce (because the cause of commerce rules every aspect of their being), they will slam that idea as a false prophesy or new religion.

Forum List

Back