Another Liberal myth: Separation of church and state is not in the constitution

With Rick Perry in the running and maybe becoming the front runner soon for the whole shooting match the liberals will go on the attack with this liberal myth

No-one wants the president to make there choices because Allah came to them and told them to
But to be a Christian and be a practicing Christian as well as being the president, having a day of prayer, etc.. is not against the law nor is it forbidden by anything in our constitution as we are told over and over it is
This will become a hot issue with Perry
watch for it and know when you hear it, your being lied to

The phrase was quoted by the United States Supreme Court first in 1878, and then in a series of cases starting in 1947. The phrase "separation of church and state" itself does not appear in the United States Constitution. The First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Prior to 1947, however separation of church and state was not considered part of the constitution; indeed in 1870s and 1890s unsuccessful attempts were made to amend the constitution to guarantee separation of church and state, a task to be accomplished not by constitutional amendment but by judicial fiat in 1947. [2]
Separation of church and state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So you're saying you want this country to be more like Iraq or the Taliban, only "Christian"? Got it!

Everyone with any sense of self preservation should be equally wary of anybody, group or government, either advocating religion or opposing religion. The separation of church and state must be absolute, the same for everyone or religion, even and especially if it is anti-religion.

Anti-religion can be just as harmful to the people as any religion, and like religion is only as good, right, or divine or even beneficial as those who bring it forth. Bad apples, bad pie..

That being said, religious sayings, rules, guidelines, so on, that do not impart any ill-will or feelings, meanings or whatever, and in fact are representative of the finer and better things we can all embrace, should not only be allowed, but embraced for what they say and mean, and not by what book or tenement it came from...

When a person tells me god bless you, or some muslim says Jazakallah, to me I don't take offense. Why should I? They basically mean the same thing but using two different languages and coming from two different deities. Just as I don't take offense when I see the ten commandments in a court room. I pretty much know all the commandments are viewed as wrong by most religions and even non-religious people. So what's wrong with it? The message is the point....

You people get too worked up over trifles. I say if the message is a good one, who cares where it came from? But that's my 2 cents anyway..

Not allowing a group prayer to any god is anti religion in its highest form
You have an adult way of looking at this matter and we both see the ten commandments in same manner
no matter where they came from, the message is a good one
I feel very strong that no-one should be forced to believe any-thing
Schools should be a place to learn, not to brain wash
having an elective class on religion is not brain washing, but praising BHO through song or "stomping" on the Jesus is
'Stomp On Jesus' Outrage Drives FAU To Put Professor On Leave

Forum List

Back