Another letter to the editor that will not be printed.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
It is with great sadness that I watch the Keene family YMCA join the ranks of corporate communism. The new dog whistles in its mission statement are diversity, equity and inclusion. I use the plebian gym in the mall which is a corporate entity of a different stripe. A corporate business model by itself is not a problem so long as it is apolitical. But when a corporation like the YMCA adopts a position that supports the overthrow of the nation from the inside out, a line must be drawn.

Careful observers have seen that the mental age of the city of Keene has been reduced by the Keene Sentinel, WKBK’s Open Mic program, and Keene State College. The strategy of authoritarian planning that uses media and education to lower the intelligence of a population is as old as prostitution and it never stops creeping through free societies. Revered Keene High school track coach Jack Mayes ran a course in 1962 called Comparative Government; that is where I first heard that. It bored me; I should have listened. For the time being, there are no billboards of George Soros at the end of the old Summit Road where the YMCA is found but diversity, equity and inclusion could just as well have been on the poster that Otto Warmbier lifted from the North Korean tourist trap that led to his torture and death.

The rabid, propagandized, hatred of Donald Trump and his exposure of Washington’s sellout of the people is now on the flag of the Keene Family YMCA because the notion that government is all-seeing, all-knowing, and all-good is like a mesmerizing slogan to the YMCA’s board of directors and they are playing the odds that totalitarian oppression will prevail in the United States making government all-powerful. The concocted race war Washington is presiding over can be seen in the YMCA’s gratuitous genuflection to Juneteenth.

What its membership thinks is anyone’s guess. I rode for years in a local bike club, and we would pass by that impressive facility. It is indeed an impressive facility, but you will find the same thing in the Kremlin. I hope the health club I use never betrays America like the Keene Family YMCA has. The YMCA people think they are better than you are and smarter and they would not hesitate to destroy your livelihood for not thinking correctly or voting wrong. I like my blue-collar gym, no elitist country club atmosphere, no brainwashing, and no betrayal of the flag so far.

Celebrate Juneteenth - United for Racial Justice - Keene YMCA

Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Global Engagement | YMCA

Ray

90% white New Hampshire. <1.5% black

Its easy for liberal whites to preach their message under these circumstances

90% white New Hampshire. <1.5% black

Its easy for liberal whites to preach their message under these circumstances
Exactly, and no blacks will move next to them or across the street.

It is sad indeed that in an age when actual instances of racial or gender discrimination are quite rare, the ignorant populace is goaded into feeling either threatened (BIPOC's) or guilty ("white" people), by forces that seek to destroy the existing culture.

A pox on all their houses. Right-thinking people need to act in unison on these matters and boycott, criticize, and call out the liars for their misrepresentations of reality.

How do liberals ever expect to move "forward" when they CONSTANTLY look back and pretend the worst of us represent who 95% of us are today.

I refuse to participate in their nonsense

Someone be kind enough to give me the Old Yeller treatment if I end up to be like the OP. But I notice this bitterness about a lot of aged baby boomers
who are looking back wistfully wishing they had their version of America back. They just end up being the old farts who used to sit on their porch and
yell at us (circa early 1970's), to "Get off my lawn!!". Sad.

The world changes. The world evolves. So what? A community organization is positioning itself to be more inclusive.
That's not something to twist bloomers over.

Someone be kind enough to give me the Old Yeller treatment if I end up to be like the OP. But I notice this bitterness about a lot of aged baby boomers
who are looking back wistfully wishing they had their version of America back. They just end up being the old farts who used to sit on their porch and
yell at us (circa early 1970's), to "Get off my lawn!!". Sad.

The world changes. The world evolves. So what? A community organization is positioning itself to be more inclusive.
That's not something to twist bloomers over.
It was a beautiful city. Everyone had a good job.

Yeller treatment if I end up to be like the OP. But I notice this bitterness about a lot of aged baby boomers
who are looking back wistfully wishing they had their version of America back
This is where we differ with the younger generation:

A Salvation Army guide aimed at "courageous conversations about racism" asks "White Americans" to "stop trying to be ‘colorblind.’"

Last edited:
It was a beautiful city. Everyone had a good job.
It still is a beautiful city. Just a changed one. But through your myopic lens of nostalgia, you've attached a meaning to it that hasn't been present since the idea of job security and affordable cost of living went out the window in the late 70's to early 80's.

This is where we differ with the younger generation:

A Salvation Army guide aimed at "courageous conversations about racism" asks "White Americans" to "stop trying to be ‘colorblind.’"
Again, I don't see the issue. A benevolent organization is trying to get people to be more benevolent and kind.

What's your specific issue?

It still is a beautiful city. Just a changed one. But through your myopic lens of nostalgia, you've attached a meaning to it that hasn't been present since the idea of job security and affordable cost of living went out the window in the late 70's to early 80's.
Well, I have no recollection of local media coming to our defense when all the jobs started disappearing. I do not remember them warning us that government was trending toward globalization and wrecking our economic security by feathering their own nests with foreign money.

I am fine but young families are in trouble and drugs are killing the young kids. They're job was to inform, not reform. Now look at the mess we are in.

The college at the center of town was doing great until students rioted in 2014. The students graduate reading and writing on an eighth-grade level.

Well, I have no recollection of local media coming to our defense when all the jobs started disappearing. I do not remember them warning us that government was trending toward globalization and wrecking our economic security by feathering their own nests with foreign money.

I am fine but young families are in trouble and drugs are killing the young kids. They're job was to inform, not reform. Now look at the mess we are in.

The college at the center of town was doing great until students rioted in 2014. The students graduate reading and writing on an eighth-grade level.
Ah yes, the Great Pumpkin Revolt of 2014. :)
I remember it well. Thinking at the time...pumpkins??? WTF.:auiqs.jpg:

Young families are in trouble because of wage stagnation, high cost of living, and expensive healthcare. Drugs have always been around, and always will be.
As far as education goes, that's been being gutted (public education) since the 80's.

We've been punting these issues down the road for decades. Now, the chickens are coming home to roost.

Forum List

Back