Another great milestone for the country, 400 million barrels of oil in January. MAGA!

Neither Obama nor Trump deserve credit for the oil boom. However, Trump did less to interfere with the oil boom. Obama was restricting oil companies from wildlife refuges and was encouraging the EPA to stifle their progress with crushing environmental restrictions.

which had nothing to do with the shale oil boom in the western states
Well the so called shale oil boom hasn’t panned out. The problem is they have to use steam to work the oil out of the shale and then they have to remove the water. It’s not cost-effective yet. The technology hasn’t been proven. The energy that they’ve been getting is true fracking. That’s pumping chemicals deep within the ground and breaking the bed rock forcing under pressure the oil to rise to the surface.

Remember in early 2018 when we broke the previous monthly record for oil production in the USA that had stood since Richard Nixon's presidency? That was 300 million barrels of oil in one month. In January of 2020, we broke 400 million barrels of oil. This is an example of why the Democrats want him out of office, they can't stand progress and winning. MAGA!
View attachment 304833
Not only are Democrats Americans, they actually look like America.

Yeah where would we be if Trump did not invent fracking and diagonal drilling

Oh exactly the same place that we are now

imagine drilling in the same location without having to develop new ones in populated area or parks

good thing that Trump was involved in that development or they may have been drilling in parks and populated area with the old up and down
Good thing he opened drilling back up, huh?

How the U.S. became an oil-producing powerhouse
What's fueling America's oil production renaissance is the industry's ability to tap into the country's vast shale resources, areas where oil and gas saturate tight rock formations. Companies did this by combining two legacy technologies: horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing (fracking). This multistage process includes drilling a well a mile or more vertically before turning and drilling another mile or two horizontally, then pumping water and sand at high pressures to fracture the shale formation, unleashing the trapped oil and gas.

got to love technology but its funny when politician who do not even know what horizontal drilling and fracking claim that they are responsible

They are drilling in the same places. and trying to drill in National parks is not needed.

imagine drilling in the same location without having to develop new ones in populated area or parks

good thing that Trump was involved in that development or they may have been drilling in parks and populated area with the old up and down

What's fueling America's oil production renaissance is the industry's ability to tap into the country's vast shale resources, areas where oil and gas saturate tight rock formations. Companies did this by combining two legacy technologies: horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing (fracking). This multistage process includes drilling a well a mile or more vertically before turning and drilling another mile or two horizontally, then pumping water and sand at high pressures to fracture the shale formation, unleashing the trapped oil and gas.

got to love technology but its funny when politician who do not even know what horizontal drilling and fracking claim that they are responsible

They are drilling in the same places. and trying to drill in National parks is not needed.
Link, please. And yes, I know all about fracking. He has opened up drilling, much to your chagrine, but has also made it not impossible to do business with ridiculous regulations, driving up the cost of producing. Remember these?
Obama tightens oil and gas drilling regulations
Judge Blocks Obama Administration Rules on Fracking
Obama’s energy legacy: Oil, natural gas production on federal lands tanked
The EPA Has Petroleum Processors Over A Barrel: Costly Regulations Produce Crude, Unrefined Results

Last edited:
Neither Obama nor Trump deserve credit for the oil boom. However, Trump did less to interfere with the oil boom. Obama was restricting oil companies from wildlife refuges and was encouraging the EPA to stifle their progress with crushing environmental restrictions.

Well the so called shale oil boom hasn’t panned out. The problem is they have to use steam to work the oil out of the shale and then they have to remove the water. It’s not cost-effective yet. The technology hasn’t been proven. The energy that they’ve been getting is true fracking. That’s pumping chemicals deep within the ground and breaking the bed rock forcing under pressure the oil to rise to the surface.

The shale boom is driving production up.

How An Oil Boom in West Texas Is Reshaping the World

Link, please. And yes, I know all about fracking. He has opened up drilling, much to your chagrine, but has also made it not impossible to do business with ridiculous regulations, driving up the cost of producing. Remember these?
The EPA Has Petroleum Processors Over A Barrel: Costly Regulations Produce Crude, Unrefined Results

I am just saying that the oil boom is because of other things like fracking and refining diagonal techniques that was not available during previous oil booms

And I am not saying he has tried to open up national parks to drilling , I am just saying that drilling production has increased without the need for opening up federal land for drilling

Oil production is a direct cause of new techniques in drilling. For example the Permian basin has gone thru cycles of on again and off again oil exploration. To the point of being a ghost town, but now from what I hear they have rebound and living high on the hog as one of the top producers when 8 to 10 years ago they were barely producing.

It was due to technology, its not a political thing unless you want to make it political

hey if you believe that they should start drilling in Parks when the US is already the top producer well that your opinion

Greed catch it

I have seen towns agree to have drill rigs placed within the city. Sometimes you really do have to just say no as people are greedy

These Are the Biggest Oil Producers in the United States | The Motley Fool

Last edited:

I am just saying that the oil boom is because of other things like fracking and refining diagonal techniques that was not available during previous oil booms

And I am not saying he has tried to open up national parks to drilling , I am just saying that drilling production has increased without the need for opening up federal lines for drilling

This was a direct cause of new techniques in drilling. For example the Permian basin has gone thru cycles of on again and off again oil exploration. To the point of being a ghost town, but now from what I hear they have rebound and living high on the hog as one of the top producers when 8 to 10 years ago they were barely producing.

It was due to technology, its not a political thing unless you want to make it political

hey if you believe that they should start drilling in Parks when the US is already the top producer well that your opinion

These Are the Biggest Oil Producers in the United States | The Motley Fool
My point is simply Trump has made it more cost effective due to changes in policies.

The reason we are energy independent is cause of decades of democrat lead energy conservation and efficiency.
was that what happened under Carter? ohhhhokay

That’s when it all started . We were slaves to Mideast oil cause we were so wasteful. Cars getting 12 miles to the gallon . Houses with no
Insulation .

After decades of conservation and efficiency we really see the payoff .

And cons have fought this all the way . Same thing we see now with wind and solar .

Wrong
I've heard that a gazillion times ..I think they're operating between 25 an 40 these days

Remember in early 2018 when we broke the previous monthly record for oil production in the USA that had stood since Richard Nixon's presidency? That was 300 million barrels of oil in one month. In January of 2020, we broke 400 million barrels of oil. This is an example of why the Democrats want him out of office, they can't stand progress and winning. MAGA!
View attachment 304833
Not only are Democrats Americans, they actually look like America.

That's racist and non inclusive
Those are just evil white people

Yet gas prices go up.....more supply should lower prices. I don't trust big oil other than to gouge average folk.

I just filled up at at 2.35.I miss the days of 4.50

Yet gas prices go up.....more supply should lower prices. I don't trust big oil other than to gouge average folk.

Where ?
Indeed they just dropped again

Regular was 2.09 .....2.19 a this part of TN

I saw 1.99 ....if ya belonged to the chains club

I dont use regular anyway ...but the workin families out there are certainly loving it

Much of our fuel comes from fracking which is done mostly on private land. When prices go too low, the owners of that land stop fracking because they don't want to have their fuel extracted when they are getting less money for it. They would sooner stop the extraction and wait until prices go back up again.

The reason we are energy independent is cause of decades of democrat lead energy conservation and efficiency.

That’s when it all started . We were slaves to Mideast oil cause we were so wasteful. Cars getting 12 miles to the gallon . Houses with no
Insulation .

And cons have fought this all the way . Same thing we see now with wind and solar .

Cars have been getting better and better milage as the years went on. The house I grew up in was built and completed in 1968, and it's got plenty of insulation in it. I remember asking my father what that stuff was when it was up there.

Cars are not that much different today than they were during Bush or DumBama where prices hit over four dollars a gallon, so your claim holds no water.

Insulation .

Carter was the worst energy president of our times. And administrations after that did nothing to remedy the situation, until the Donald. Just fact.

the reason the oil goes up now is due to the stock market, they barter over the price of a barrel of oil for futures.

Where ?
Indeed they just dropped again

Regular was 2.09 .....2.19 a this part of TN

I saw 1.99 ....if ya belonged to the chains club

I dont use regular anyway ...but the workin families out there are certainly loving it
Chicago it's 2.50 and up. But that's mostly tax shit by the demofks who dictate to us.

Forum List

Back