Another example of BIASED local news!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
This was an email I sent to my local radio station....

I was listening to Rush at 1:00 today and he had a commercial break which local radio brought some news.
One segment was regarding the Federal government cutting $2.5 Billion in food stamps and the “CEOs” of major cities were complaining.
Now I wasn’t ticked off at you for bringing the story BUT you didn’t tell the WHOLE reason for the cutting.
Before the Internet I would just believe you…BUT I got home and did some research on this nefarious cut as you presented it!
Now for the FACTS!!!
The President’s budget would also expand the reach of a stringent three-month time limit under the existing program.
Currently, SNAP participants age 18 to 49 who are not raising minor children cannot receive benefits for more than three months in a 36-month period unless they work 20 hours a week.
States can exempt particularly vulnerable individuals, such as those in high-unemployment areas.
But the President’s budget would make qualifying for those exemptions much harder.
It also would raise the maximum age for those facing the time limit to 62 beginning in 2021, exposing 2 million more individuals to the limits,
including older Americans who face additional obstacles to work.

President's Budget Would Cut Food Assistance for Millions and Radically Restructure SNAP

Why didn’t you clearly state that these cuts would be because the job market is LOOKING for people to WORK! And these people that don’t have kids are between 18 & 49 should be WORKING!
But you didn’t state these exceptions and it took ME with the skepticism you and the BIASED MSM are doing to dig deeper and find this out!
Why should hard working tax paying Americans be providing SNAP for people that aren’t working?
Totally unfair and again… you didn’t tell the whole story…hence my doubting your ability to be “journalists” but opinion writers!

You are so wrong!

Last edited:
I fired off a letter to my local radio station for using ABC radio news...they lie and give one side of the story every damn news break...its gotten to the point where I'm just going to turn it all off....the media is out of its mind with hatred for Trump...so even when he does a good thing they lie about it....

If every illegal alien was a cheesy opinion piece writer or news broadcaster we would have seen the border shut down years ago....

Rush ranting about fake news-

IRONY OF THE YEAR AWARD !!!

Local news is fake as hell. They don't even bother to do any investigative reporting to find out if "witness" claims are true. They just report whatever version is the most sensational.

Local news is fake as hell. They don't even bother to do any investigative reporting to find out if "witness" claims are true. They just report whatever version is the most sensational.
The only difference I see between local news and network news is the weather and the happy puppy story at the end.

Rush ranting about fake news-

IRONY OF THE YEAR AWARD !!!
Where in this was there ANY discussion of Rush rants? There wasn't! But of course again this is the reading comprehension issue people like you have and the MSM plays to! You can't seem to follow a simple thought! In this case the local news DIDN"T present a fair and balanced news! Left out important aspect of WHY there was going to be a CUT! But again people like you just can't seem to comprehend and the MSM takes advantage of your disability!

I was listening to Rush at 1:00 today and he had a commercial break which local radio brought some news.
One segment was regarding the Federal government cutting $2.5 Billion in food stamps and the “CEOs” of major cities were complaining.
Now I wasn’t ticked off at you for bringing the story BUT you didn’t tell the WHOLE reason for the cutting.
Before the Internet I would just believe you…BUT I got home and did some research on this nefarious cut as you presented it!
Now for the FACTS!!!
The President’s budget would also expand the reach of a stringent three-month time limit under the existing program.
Currently, SNAP participants age 18 to 49 who are not raising minor children cannot receive benefits for more than three months in a 36-month period unless they work 20 hours a week.
States can exempt particularly vulnerable individuals, such as those in high-unemployment areas.
But the President’s budget would make qualifying for those exemptions much harder.
It also would raise the maximum age for those facing the time limit to 62 beginning in 2021, exposing 2 million more individuals to the limits,

President's Budget Would Cut Food Assistance for Millions and Radically Restructure SNAP

Why didn’t you clearly state that these cuts would be because the job market is LOOKING for people to WORK! And these people that don’t have kids are between 18 & 49 should be WORKING!
But you didn’t state these exceptions and it took ME with the skepticism you and the BIASED MSM are doing to dig deeper and find this out!
Why should hard working tax paying Americans be providing SNAP for people that aren’t working?
Totally unfair and again… you didn’t tell the whole story…hence my doubting your ability to be “journalists” but opinion writers!

You are so wrong!
Did you really just believe whatever local radio news told you before the internet?

Anyway, at least you have rush to set things straight by giving you unbiased news.

Now for the FACTS!!!

You are so wrong!
Did you really just believe whatever local radio news told you before the internet?

Anyway, at least you have rush to set things straight by giving you unbiased news.

Of course I did! I'm at the age when the MSM as I learned in my college journalism classes were NOT subjective! But upon graduation from
a Big Ten college I was in the generation of the SDS/Weathermen etc. anarchists that wanted to overthrow the government. At that time
the MSM still had editors/producers that believed in objective news... but today the editors/producers as stated..
Former NY Times editor rips Trump coverage as biased
Former NY Times editor rips Trump coverage as biased

Forum List

Back