Another Covid Conundrum

It was discovered in SARS-CoV-2's unique furin cleavage site, the part that makes it so good at infecting people and separates it from other coronaviruses.

The structure has been one of the focal points of debate about the virus's origin, with some scientists claiming it could not have been acquired naturally.

The international team of researchers suggest the virus may have mutated to have a furin cleavage site during experiments on human cells in a lab.

They claim there is a one-in-three-trillion chance Moderna's sequence randomly appeared through natural evolution.

~S~

Odds of this being an accident grow longer by the day
Interesting. I've never dismissed the suspicion that it was man-made. But I don't really have the expertise to say. It's just the fact that it sprung up in the backyard of a research facility known for doing that kind of work. Everyone wanted to dismiss that - largely for political reasons it seems. Hopefully we can get to the truth at some point.

Odds of this being an accident grow longer by the day
That reminds me of the one in a billion chance a single cell was responsible for the evolution of human life. But it happened all the same.

I would really like to see this proven one way or another. We can't have another incident like this happen ever again.
I’m sorry, but you’re dreaming. Even if it’s proven, the establishment will bury it, ridicule it, and destroy anyone who is involved in proving it.

And morons like Colin will take the side of the establishment, because he thinks that’s what a good anti-Trumper should do.

Forum List

Back