Anne Heche is “not expected to survive”

Her final performance brought the house down!
I'd guess that could be the last line of the book that will be written by the woman who owned the house. Between insurance, GoFundMe and a book deal about her tragic experience of almost being killed by a celebrity, she'll be rolling in it.

Excuse me, but was the woman renting the home or did she own it? If she indeed owned the home, was it not insured? I'd be a bit hesitant to donate before I found out whether the home was insured. Having one's home destroyed by a coked-out celebrity but paid for by insurance hardly seems tragic enough to motivate me to give the woman money.
She was renting and lost everything

I can't imagine the liability that could be laid on a transplant program if they approved an organ for transplant knowing it was damaged, and then the recipient died because of it. But I did a little looking and found out that you are right -- damaged organs can be used for transplantation. Sad.

If the organ fails, does the recipient or their insurance still have to pay the bill? Three guesses.

You do realize that for things like hearts and lungs, the life expectancy of anyone getting a transplant is less than 20 years, 20 years being a damn good run.

Naturally for younger people this could be more, but for some 60 year old needing a kidney, it probably will work.

Medicine isn't a true science as say chemistry, physics, or even straight biology, it's more qualitative which is why it attracts a certain type of intelligent person, one able to see patterns and combine them with their knowledge to create treatment regimens.

You do realize that for things like hearts and lungs, the life expectancy of anyone getting a transplant is less than 20 years, 20 years being a damn good run.

Naturally for younger people this could be more, but for some 60 year old needing a kidney, it probably will work.

Medicine isn't a true science as say chemistry, physics, or even straight biology, it's more qualitative which is why it attracts a certain type of intelligent person, one able to see patterns and combine them with their knowledge to create treatment regimens.
I refuse to turn Heche into a saint for donating her coke-fried heart.

I refuse to turn Heche into a saint for donating her coke-fried heart.

She ain't a saint, but even saints were at one time flawed people.

Humans are beings with failings, something we tend to forget in this current state of "make one mistake of the wrong type and be unpersoned"

She ain't a saint, but even saints were at one time flawed people.

Humans are beings with failings, something we tend to forget in this current state of "make one mistake of the wrong type and be unpersoned"
I won't waste the time trying to find any of the leftist rants she probably ranted, because I'd have to wade through pages and pages of the "tragedy" to find anything. Almost no one from Hollyweird is innocent of doing a shitload of "unpersoning" of their own. I cannot feel the slightest sympathy or empathy for the vast majority of them.

She committed suicide. I'd say that getting behind the wheel under the influence of ANYTHING is tantamount to attempting homicide.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

She musta been
Knocked partially out behind the wheel after the crash and breathed in the toxic smoke from burning plastic / wires /electronics ... in the Mini

Forum List

Back