Ann Romney: Mormon missions and U.S. military are ‘different ways of serving’

Previously they said their sons served by campaigning for Willard.

Now one of them is running the dog and pony show - When he's not threatening to slug the President of the United States.

GAG

Why are you afraid to answer my question?

You don't want a Mormon for a President. Which of the other religions on that list are so totally offensive to you that you would not want someone who is a member as President?

Answer the question, you chicken shit little pansy.

Previously they said their sons served by campaigning for Willard.

Now one of them is running the dog and pony show - When he's not threatening to slug the President of the United States.

GAG

You don't want a Mormon for a President. Which of the other religions on that list are so totally offensive to you that you would not want someone who is a member as President?

I don't want any religion/cult in control of my country.

Last time I will answer you so go pee up a rope little boy.

GAG

So, you are opposed to a President that is a member of ANY religion. Got it.

Obama is a Christian. Do the Christians control the country?

You are such a dumb ass.

Last edited:
When you say "different ways of serving", you are saying that both ways are ways of serving. I am saying that knocking on doors to bring people to Christ is NOT a "way of serving" our nation. Not when compared to military service.
That isn't all they do, you bigoted chowderhead.

You obviously know nothing about LDS or their missionary work....I do....I've worked with and around missionaries and they help all sorts of people as part of their mission.

Then tell us about LSD,

I don't doubt you're an expert.

Unlike you, who obviously have a lot of experience with lysergic acid diethylamide.

i do not want to see a mormon elected as president...i do not want to see religious service equated with military service....

what religions do you find acceptable and not acceptable for the President of the United States?

Why do you ALWAYS lie about the poster you are addressing?

There is nothing objectionable about not wanting to "see religious service equated with military service". In point of FACT, its a decidedly AMERICAN opinion.

Why do YOU and the other rw's want to "see religious service equated with military service"??

You're just another MAROON.

Idiot

That isn't all they do, you bigoted chowderhead.

You obviously know nothing about LDS or their missionary work....I do....I've worked with and around missionaries and they help all sorts of people as part of their mission.

Then tell us about LSD,

I don't doubt you're an expert.

Unlike you, who obviously have a lot of experience with lysergic acid diethylamide.

I knew he had to be on something... very few are that stupid without assistance.

So, you are opposed to a President that is a member of ANY religion. Got it.

Obama is a Christian. Do the Christians control the country?

You are such a dumb ass.

I don't know if they exactly control the country, but I DO know that the Christians have a pretty strong lobby group called the Christian Coalition.

I really don't care what religion the leader of my country is, everyone perceives God in their own personal way.

What I DO care about is do they have the interests of the majority of this country at heart?

Sorry................but Buddhists can do the same job as Christians. They both believe basically the same things, they just approach it from different perspectives.

I am a military mom of two men serving the United States of America. Ann Romney's belief is that Mormons are serving just outside of themselves as the men and women of the military are is an insult to the military. It is my belief that these are two very separate ideologies - one is service to one's religion and one is service to one's Country. The greater of these is service to one's country. To state that they are even remotely equivant is grossly inaccurate. Her sons/missionaries do not come home from war in a body bag, her sons/missionaries don't face the possibility of their arms, legs, bodies or heads being blown to pieces or being caught on fire, her son's don't sleep in cold, isolated places within enemy territory. I was married to a Mormon for 13 years, and know a number of missionaries who have not come anywhere close to serving their country, living in hazardous places or giving their lives up to save their comrades. Ann Romney, your comparison is grossly inaccurate and ignorant.

Thank your sons for their service and for your sacrifices also. My huband was in Viet Nam twice. Ann Romney insults all service people everywhere with her insensitive and almost dismissive remark. She has NO idea what sacrifice and service are! Disgusting woman as well as family! For people who are supposed to be religious, they certainly are self absorbed and totally clueless.

Yanno....................if that dye job blonde wants to talk policy, I'd be willing to debate her.

And if the bitch got uppity and stepped to me? I'd knock the XXXX out.

I am a military mom of two men serving the United States of America. Ann Romney's belief is that Mormons are serving just outside of themselves as the men and women of the military are is an insult to the military. It is my belief that these are two very separate ideologies - one is service to one's religion and one is service to one's Country. The greater of these is service to one's country. To state that they are even remotely equivant is grossly inaccurate. Her sons/missionaries do not come home from war in a body bag, her sons/missionaries don't face the possibility of their arms, legs, bodies or heads being blown to pieces or being caught on fire, her son's don't sleep in cold, isolated places within enemy territory. I was married to a Mormon for 13 years, and know a number of missionaries who have not come anywhere close to serving their country, living in hazardous places or giving their lives up to save their comrades. Ann Romney, your comparison is grossly inaccurate and ignorant.

Thank your sons for their service and for your sacrifices also. My huband was in Viet Nam twice. Ann Romney insults all service people everywhere with her insensitive and almost dismissive remark. She has NO idea what sacrifice and service are! Disgusting woman as well as family! For people who are supposed to be religious, they certainly are self absorbed and totally clueless.

You BOTH are a couple of morons! What you're doing right now, by lying, is disrespecting your own military family members.

Did you husband JOIN the military back during VN or was he drafted? My husband joined when he was 17. He also went to VN not expecting to come back home. Ann Romney didn't insult anyone, YOU are insulting to other military families and your own by the lies you tell. You both are the disgusting ones!

Obviously, my idea of service is very different from the bible thumpers. I have never gone door to door, pressing tracts and booklets into people's hands and trying to get them to sign up to give away 10% of their money to my cult.

I never have either. My form of service to God is to go door to door and see what we can do to help them through a disaster. In the Army, I fought directly against the enemy in the Infantry or trained others to fight.

Apologies to Ann Romney and her supporters here, but they are NOT the same thing.

That's te difference between the right and left.

The left gives of their time, energy and money.

The right has their hand out to take your money and won't help other Americans (like Joplin) unless its paid for first.

you are such a disgusting liar..I personally KNOW many who went to Joplin to volunteer their time..why don't you just shut up instead of vomiting your hate on all of us here

You BOTH are a couple of morons! What you're doing right now, by lying, is disrespecting your own military family members.

Did you husband JOIN the military back during VN or was he drafted? My husband joined when he was 17. He also went to VN not expecting to come back home. Ann Romney didn't insult anyone, YOU are insulting to other military families and your own by the lies you tell. You both are the disgusting ones!

nice you are now insulting and calling other people liars over their family service records...over their speaking their mind over ann romney...show a lot more about you than it does them....

nice you are now insulting and calling other people liars over their family service records...over their speaking their mind over ann romney...show a lot more about you than it does them....

I never said they were lying about their family service! I said they were being disrespectful of their own military members by being morons!

All they and you are doing is bashing Ann Romney for a statement that you then twist around into what you WANT others to think she said. That's LYING!

CaféAuLait;6182172 said:
Ann Romney making excuses for her sons not serving in the military.

Ann Romney: Mormon missions and U.S. military are ‘different ways of serving’

The candidate’s wife explained that Mormon missions were like military service in that “you’re going outside of yourself, you’re working and you’re helping others. And it changes you. And are we so grateful in this country for those people — men and women — that are volunteering, they’re sacrificing their life for us, and we cannot forget that or we have to acknowledge that always.”

“So, when you’re facing these mothers whose children have not come back, how will you explain to them that your sons haven’t gone?” Goldberg pressed. “Will you talk about the missions they’ve gone on?”

What a joke! Morman missionaries aren't serving their countries. They are serving and promoting their religion. There is no problem with that but there is also NO COMPARISON whatsoever to serving in the military.

And some people really do want this family in the WH? So privileged and totally out of touch? There is also nothing wrong with that except that they should not attempt to lead this country or tell the "peons" what they should do, etc.

( emphasis added)

Obama and Biden never served but the can tell the 'peons' what to do?

biden and obama aren't chickenhawks.

and it takes a special kind of ugly to protest in favor of a war while you get your own butt to paris to play missionary.

CaféAuLait;6182172 said:
Ann Romney making excuses for her sons not serving in the military.

What a joke! Morman missionaries aren't serving their countries. They are serving and promoting their religion. There is no problem with that but there is also NO COMPARISON whatsoever to serving in the military.

And some people really do want this family in the WH? So privileged and totally out of touch? There is also nothing wrong with that except that they should not attempt to lead this country or tell the "peons" what they should do, etc.

( emphasis added)

Obama and Biden never served but the can tell the 'peons' what to do?

biden and obama aren't chickenhawks.

and it takes a special kind of ugly to protest in favor of a war while you get your own butt to paris to play missionary.

really, Obama is using drones to kill in other countries AND protested against his country in his youth, that there is one special kind of guy
And Bill Clinton, where did he go to avoid serving and then dropped bombs on Iraq.

your lefties arguments are SO WEAK

All of this comes from the stupid thought process that someone is only a good leadership candidate if the've shot at people in a war. If America ever finds itself at extended peace, there will be NO good leaders using that ruberic.

Forum List

Back