Ann Romney: Mormon missions and U.S. military are ‘different ways of serving’

Ann Romney making excuses for her sons not serving in the military.

The candidate’s wife explained that Mormon missions were like military service in that “you’re going outside of yourself, you’re working and you’re helping others. And it changes you. And are we so grateful in this country for those people — men and women — that are volunteering, they’re sacrificing their life for us, and we cannot forget that or we have to acknowledge that always.”

“So, when you’re facing these mothers whose children have not come back, how will you explain to them that your sons haven’t gone?” Goldberg pressed. “Will you talk about the missions they’ve gone on?”

What a joke! Morman missionaries aren't serving their countries. They are serving and promoting their religion. There is no problem with that but there is also NO COMPARISON whatsoever to serving in the military.

And some people really do want this family in the WH? So privileged and totally out of touch? There is also nothing wrong with that except that they should not attempt to lead this country or tell the "peons" what they should do, etc.
I remember during Mitten's previous campaign he claimed that his sons were serving their country by campaigning for him. This when the war's toll kept climbing.

How anyone can respect the man is beyond me.

There's isn't much that's not "beyond you."

The candidate’s wife explained that Mormon missions were like military service in that “you’re going outside of yourself, you’re working and you’re helping others. And it changes you. And are we so grateful in this country for those people — men and women — that are volunteering, they’re sacrificing their life for us, and we cannot forget that or we have to acknowledge that always.”

“So, when you’re facing these mothers whose children have not come back, how will you explain to them that your sons haven’t gone?” Goldberg pressed. “Will you talk about the missions they’ve gone on?”

What a joke! Morman missionaries aren't serving their countries. They are serving and promoting their religion. There is no problem with that but there is also NO COMPARISON whatsoever to serving in the military.

And some people really do want this family in the WH? So privileged and totally out of touch? There is also nothing wrong with that except that they should not attempt to lead this country or tell the "peons" what they should do, etc.
I remember during Mitten's previous campaign he claimed that his sons were serving their country by campaigning for him. This when the war's toll kept climbing.

Which is a shame. One of them is so aggressive, he wanted to punch the president. We should send him over to Iraq, he could punch all the insurgents until peace is acheived.

Which is a shame. One of them is so aggressive, he wanted to punch the president. We should send him over to Iraq, he could punch all the insurgents until peace is acheived.
Easier for him to be brave behind a microphone than in person.

I'm would have thought more would have been made out of that statement. Except that most found it so laughable that it could be easily ignored.

"I want to punch the president." Dumbfuckery.

And that is exactly how this totally lout of touch, entitled, I've got mine and screw you bunch "thinks".

Reminds me of the war time not-so-funny joke that went, "fighting for peace is like fucking for chastity".

And that is exactly how this totally lout of touch, entitled, I've got mine and screw you bunch "thinks".

Reminds me of the war time not-so-funny joke that went, "fighting for peace is like fucking for chastity".

I'm not familiar with "lout of touch" what does this mean?

I'm not familiar with "lout of touch" what does this mean?

Don't you know, everyone is out of touch except them..

I'm would have thought more would have been made out of that statement. Except that most found it so laughable that it could be easily ignored.

Yeah, he really had his dander up.
If it wasn't for the President's bodyguards he would have marched right over to him and given him a bunch of fives.

If it wasn't for the President's bodyguards he would have marched right over to him and given him a bunch of fives.

Screw the bodyguards. Obama would have been in the mood to drop that pasty silver spoon.

Yeah, he's a real touff guy, all right.

Like his father - a lot show but not much go.

But, I bet he's damn good at firing people. That talent surely runs in this family of "pasty silver spoons".

Good line, Cheddar, 'cept for when Mittens sprayed on his Latino face.

LOL, how many days panties in a bunch^^^^^^ over this dumb shit now?

man oh man..funny

Screw the bodyguards. Obama would have been in the mood to drop that pasty silver spoon.

Oh yeah, he looks like a real fightin' man... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, he looks like a real fightin' man... :rolleyes:

No, not so much. I don't think I've ever heard him say he'd like to hit the leader of any nation.

I'll repeat what I really said -

I don't want any religion/cult in control of my country.

We should be asking ourselves why the rw's are so enamored with the prospect of a cult being in control of our country that they actually plan to vote for it.

Please, explain to us all how being a President who is a member of a particular religion translates into said religion being in control of the country. (this ought to be interesting)

Also, if you're opposed to ANY President beign a member of ANY religion, you're going to be opposed to Obama (Christian), or ANY other person who happens to run.

Who is there left to be President?

I didn't think the little puss-bot libtard fuckup would have the balls to answer that.

FAIL, Ludd.

Serving your country does NOT mean you have to be in danger or loosing body parts!

Ann said the missionary work is ANOTHER FORM OF SERVING OUR COUNTRY. She never said
it was the same as being in the military and going to war.

God you people are dense!

how does trying to convert people to mormonism serve our country?

Good question. Does it do anything to reduce our debt, does it provide jobs? Does it do anything to promote a positive perception of America?

As far as I can tell, it does nothing for the country. All it does is help their religion expand.

Mormons serving their mission provide humanitarian aid to the less fortunate in the US as well as in foreign countries, and do so at their own expense. (For you squids, that means it costs the US taxpayers nothing and adds zero to the national debt.)

Aid provided by the US military and/or the Peace Corps add substantially to the national debt.

The very fact that an American citizen is helping feed and clothe the poor in a foreign country absolutely does promote a positive perception of America. We called it changing the hearts and minds when I was in the military.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back