Anger as Republicans block bill to help military veterans exposed to toxins

The Dims leave veterans behind enemy lines to be slaughtered.

I don't think this one is going to be forgotten for a few generations.

Say their names ungrateful filth.

OCR-L-BOMBCAPSULES-ALL-copy_87524241-1.jpg

Hey instead of making this knee jerk conclusion, why don’t you actually prove that is the case? Cite language in the bill.
Simply put the dems (you know, the ones running congress) did not include any spending offsets so the Bill was both inflationary and a tax-payer burden..

Unfortunately, neither chamber has contemplated even a modest effort to offset new spending. As NTU has outlined previously, the House version of the Honoring our PACT Act would not offset any new spending. The Senate version of the bill contains no offsets either. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that the Senate substitute could increase deficits by around $285 billion over 10 years. This legislation’s deficit impact is almost as large as that of the Build Back Better Act, and is larger than that of the bipartisan infrastructure law passed last year.

Senate Should Vote No on Honoring our PACT Act

All that said I suspect it had a lot to do with Manchin flip-flopping yesterday after the gop worked with the dems on the CHIP Bill and got it passed and got rolled for their trouble..

• Funny
Reactions: cnm

This seems incredibly petty. Just revenge for losing some vote the day before apparently.

Why does the GOP hate veterans ? They arent all Gay.
So what did the dems put in it so they can get campaign ads for the midterms? They do this just about every election.

Simply put the dems (you know, the ones running congress) did not include any spending offsets so the Bill was both inflationary and a tax-payer burden..

Unfortunately, neither chamber has contemplated even a modest effort to offset new spending. As NTU has outlined previously, the House version of the Honoring our PACT Act would not offset any new spending. The Senate version of the bill contains no offsets either. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that the Senate substitute could increase deficits by around $285 billion over 10 years. This legislation’s deficit impact is almost as large as that of the Build Back Better Act, and is larger than that of the bipartisan infrastructure law passed last year.

All that said I suspect it had a lot to do with Manchin flip-flopping yesterday after the gop worked with the dems on the CHIP Bill and got it passed and got rolled for their trouble..
Why do you expect soldiers to put themselvs in harms way when you dont look after them after ?

This is something that should just happen without a vote.

Lol this is just comical. Republicans run up huge deficits whenever they are in power and now you suddenly care because republicans opposed a bill. I can’t get over stupid this is. Go ahead and see how the deficit blew up under both Bush and Trump and get back to me.

Why do you expect soldiers to put themselvs in harms way when you dont look after them after ?

This is something that should just happen without a vote.
If it were left to vets they would scam the system till the treasury was empty.

Maybe they should have suggested some spending offsets instead of lobbying with their hands held out.....Just because they served does not mean they don't have a responsibility to the tax-payer.

Lol this is just comical. Republicans run up huge deficits whenever they are in power and now you suddenly care because republicans opposed a bill. I can’t get over stupid this is. Go ahead and see how the deficit blew up under both Bush and Trump and get back to me.
Some people don't think politics be like it is but it do. ;)

Lol that is such bullshit. Clearly republicans in congress don’t give a flying fuck about veterans.
And neither do Democrats, a veteran has to fight for his country and then has to fight his country to get benefits.

The two parties have let down veterans and the parties using this bill to grandstand is absolutely wrong.

Forum List

Back