Andrew Cuomo renamed our beloved Tappan Zee Bridge after his Father Mario. Lets Change it back.

Radicalredneckk

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2020
Before leaving office in disgrace, Andrew Cuomo renamed our beloved Tappan Zee Bridge after his Father Mario.
. Andrew Cuomo was disastrous to New York, and one of our state’s most iconic bridges should NOT be a constant reminder of the havoc he wreaked on our State. Lets change the name BACK to the Tappan Zee Bridge

Before leaving office in disgrace, Andrew Cuomo renamed our beloved Tappan Zee Bridge after his Father Mario.
. Andrew Cuomo was disastrous to New York, and one of our state’s most iconic bridges should NOT be a constant reminder of the havoc he wreaked on our State. Lets change the name BACK to the Tappan Zee Bridge

The name was changed five years ago.

Besides, it's a state issue. This is effectively meaningless to the vast majority of the country...

I've been across that bridge several times. I don't really care what it's called, I just care if it's safe and if it gets me where I want to go.

I don't really care what the name of it is.

project-Mario-Cuomo-Bridge-photo-wpcf_1262x620.jpg

Let's call it the "President Donald J. Trump Bridge," or the "President Joe Biden Bridge," or the "Stole Election Bridge." Which do you prefer?

So how do you feel about corporations renaming sports venues after themselves?

The corporation exists via charter issued by government.

Corporations by their very nature are sociopathic.

Peas in a pod.

HOWEVER, that corporation, with funds generated through stock, and commerce generated the funds to pay for the naming of that stadium.

Naming something after a politician is no different than naming something after a criminal.
Probably the same with the Queensborough Bridge (Mayor Ed Koch) and Tri-Borough Bridge (Robert F. Kennedy). And the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel - I do not know who they named that for.

Forum List

Back